Why Am I Such a Misfit?

Chapter 3

The movie that was on the screen came to an end and the little girl staring up at the TV in awe turned around and stared at her mom that was sitting on the couch watching her with a smile on her face.

"Can we watch it again mommy? The little girl asked with excitement in her voice.

Holly laughed and nodded her head, "of course we can Leigh." She responded as she went to the main menu of the DVD and pressed play for the fourth time that day.

A masculine laugh came from behind her and she watched as her husband rounded the couch and took a seat beside her.

"She just is just as obsessed with that movie as you were," he remarked as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders bringing her body closer to his.

She scoffed at him and them smiled, "whatever. Is that really a bad thing?"

"Not at all," he replied with a bigger smile as he placed his large hand on her rounded stomach, "how is our little hockey player doing today?"

She laughed and placed her hand on top of his, "he is good. Kicking up a storm though. It could be any day now."

He nodded his head and kissed her cheek before looking at the screen as a song came on. As he listened to the lyrics of the song, he remembered the words that his wife had spoken when they first started dating and again when they said their vows. He turned to her and moved her head so that she was facing him. He rested his forehead against hers and looked deeply into her eyes.

"Do you still feel like a misfit?" He questioned her softly with a small smile on his face.

She shook her head and a bright smile lit up her face. "No, I have finally found the place where I belong."

He smiled and leaned down, pulling her into a passionate kiss. As she kissed him back, the child in her womb moved, reassuring her that what she said was indeed true.

She was no longer a misfit. She was right where she belonged.