Status: I read an actual news story like this and it caught my attention.

Life Support

I Was Dead

I spent a long time just staring at my body. It was unreal. I was- <i> It </i> was just lying there. I got up slowly and made my way to the bed carefully. It was me alright. It had my thick red hair, pale white skin and freckles. It's hands were placed flat on the bed on each side.It had a multitude of wires and I.V's attached to it. I frowned,it was just lying there with no expression on it's face.

"H-hello?" I muttered. "Cara?" I said my name. This was ridiculous. I couldn't understand what was happening. I woke up in a hospital room, neither one of my parents would acknowledge my presence, every time I touched my mother I was shocked, and when I went into the hall the electricity went through my entire body, and to top it all off- I was watching myself sleep...or something.

<i> "Maybe I'm just dreaming?" </i> I thought. This wouldn't be a dream though, this was a nightmare. In either case all I had to do was make myself wake up and it'd be over, right? I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on my body. <i> wake up, wake up, wake up! </i> I thought. When I opened my eyes again I was in the same spot. Standing in the room with nobody but myself. I slammed my fists against my thighs as tears began to run down my face. I dropped to my knees

"Somebody, please help me." I muttered to myself.

The door swung open before I had even finished the word me. I turned around. There was a woman in blue scrubs that had cotton candy printed all over them. Her curly black hair was pulled back into a messy bun on the back of her head and she had a sad look on her face. There was a man with her, a doctor. He wore a white lab coat over the top of his worn blue jeans and black sweater. His gym shoes were so old, the toe had begun to turn upward. The woman carried a clip board and the man had both hand jammed in his pockets.

"Sir I just don't feel right about this." The woman said, she stroked the hair of the thing lying on the bed. They couldn't see me either.

"I know, but we can't do anything about it." The man said, he had taken the clipboard from the woman and was scribbling something on it.

"But doctor, she's been here like this for ten days. It's inhumane to keep her like this."

I gasped. Ten days? had I been here for that long? Why had I only just woken up and why wasn't I in my body?

"We can't do anything." The doctor said again. "That family lost their daughter and they can't cope with it. It is hospital policy that we do what the family asks us to until they can manage on their own." He looked at my body with his nose wrinkled up. "Even if that does mean keeping a dead little girl in one of our beds."

"I know...I just wish we could make them take her off of life support. She's gone."

I lost it. Before I knew what I was doing I heard a scream erupt out of me. Why were they talking like that? Why were they using those word? Dead, gone, life support. I ran to the bright window and threw it open. As I did that their was a shrill sound from the life support machine. The doctor and the woman with them both jumped into action, pressing buttons and spinning knobs. I screamed out the window, pain suddenly surging trough my body. It felt like something inside me was tearing, I kept pushing forward, trying to get out.

"She's going out!" The woman screamed. I turned around and looked at her, she was looking down at my body, panicked.

I turned back around, still trying to escape, but the pain was too strong, I fell back into the room and the window slammed shut. I lay there on my back staring up at the ceiling. The shrill sound died out and I heard both the man and the woman sigh.

"What was that doctor?" The woman said.

"Her soul must be dying to get out." He huffed. A tear rolled down my face. I was dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think guys! Feedback is welcome!