Sequel: Science

Perfect Picture

1/1

Work had drained just about every bit of energy from him. Because of the holidays, half of the employees didn't even show up or they had taken a vacation, so Kay had had to work twice as hard. He was relieved when the clock finally struck 8, and he was able to get into his car and drive home. Surprisingly there wasn't that much traffic, seeing as Christmas was in five days, he had thought the streets would have been jammed to the brim.

"Lucky night, I guess." He mused, as he pulled into the driveway.

The first thing Kay smelled when he entered the house, was cookies. Which was crazy, because Spencer had destroyed the oven two days ago when he tried to do ‘science’ again.

“Spence?” Kay called, as he hung his scarf and coat up on the rack.

“I’m in the kitchen!” He heard his boyfriend call back.

He entered the kitchen to find Spencer, standing in front of the kitchen island, wearing the red coat that Kay had gotten him for his 21st birthday. The smaller man was smiling wide, his eyes practically glittering with happiness and excitement. Sitting on the island in front of him, were six mini candles.

Spencer cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. A mannerism that Kay recognized as him being nervous.

“I can’t bake for shit, so I got you cookie scented candles. Sorry if I disappointed you.” He said sheepishly.

Kay grinned, and leaned over the island to kiss his partner. “I love it, thank you.” He said when he pulled away.

Spencer grinned, “Well that’s not all! I got tickets to the fair, oh shit, but you’re probably too tired—

“No way, I love the fair, let’s go.” Kay said, going to get his jacket and scarf.

They rode each ride, which really consisted of five in total, twice, saving the Ferris wheel for last. It was a beautiful affair. Riding on the huge wheel that was decorated with white Christmas lights. Of course, Spencer went through his traditional, ‘Why did I agree to go up here this is terrifying’ phase. And Kay held him, and gave him light reassuring kisses the whole time.

Nothing could ruin this perfect picture.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought about turning this into a tragedy, but figured I'd keep to the happy christmas-y spirit.