Status: Active. Constructive criticism please.

Save Me

Chapter One

It was snowing. But, not the snowing that made everyone groan in annoyance, but the kind that seemed to make it feel like Christmas. The large snow flakes fell gracefully, the breeze as still as stone.

Hadley was bundled up head to toe as she walked down the sidewalk, her eyes shifting from shop to shop. She tugged on the handle, stepping into the warm record store and sighed, removing her scarf. "Hey boss."

Jack was a stout man, middle aged but always had a cheeky smile plastered on his face. "Had, you're early."

The girl rolled her eyes, pulling off her jacket. "By like five minutes." Jack chuckled, watching as the girl walked back to the office and hung her jacket on the rack. The door rang, signaling she had a customer and she stepped out, walking to the counter. "How can I help ya?"

The young man turned, pulling the scarf away from his face. He was handsome, Hadley noted mentally. Tall, his hair perfectly quiffed and kind brown eyes that she could fall into. "I'm looking for a Ramones' record for my mate."

She grinned gently. "Good music." She walked around, leading him to the back. "All of our Ramones records are under lock and key. We've had lots of people try to nick them when we weren't looking, so we took to drastic measures."

He chuckled, nodding gently. "Were they that bad?"

Hadley shrugged, unlocking the door and leading him to the concrete walled storage space. "Isn't it bad enough that we have to lead the customers back here instead of letting them listen to them in there?"

He smiled, stuffing his hands into his coat pockets. "Good point."

"Alright," Hadley said, pulling off a crate top. "Here's all the Ramones on tens and twelves."
"How much is this one?" he asked, pulling a record from the stack. She grinned and turned it over, showing him the price. "Is it good?"

"You've never listened to them?" Hadley asked, crossing her arms.

He smiled, shaking his head. "My mate loves them, but I'm not really that familiar with them."

She laughed, pushing her hair from her face. "This record really isn't my favorite. But this one," she says, searching through the stack and pulling one out, "This is good."

The young man took it, turning it in his hands and nodded. "I trust your judgment." He grinned at her, getting a grin in return. "I'll take it."

Hadley smiled and led him out of the storage, locking the door behind her and walked to the counter. She rung him up, sliding the card through the machine and giving him the receipt. "Thanks for coming."

He took the bag and grinned at her, pausing. "What are you doing for lunch?"

She paused, looking at him suspiciously. "I don't go out with strangers."

He laughed and shrugged. "I guess I deserve that." He extended his hand, a kind smile on his face. "I'm Liam, it's a pleasure to meet you."

She took his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "Hadley, the pleasure's mine."

"So, how about that lunch?" he asked.

Hadley laughed and nodded gently. "I have a feeling that you're one of those guys that doesn't take no for an answer."

"I'd like it if you said yes, but I'm not going to make a mess of it," he said with a smile.

She grinned at him, nodding. "Okay, where are we going?"
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while since I've posted a fanfic, but I'm always open to new ideas. :) Let me know what you think, it'd be extremely appreciated! :)xx.