Status: Active. Constructive criticism please.

Save Me

Chapter Four

"Who's the guy?" Hadley turned, rolling her eyes at her nosy roommate. She had been living with Chloe for a year, but there were still moments when she wanted to kick her out. "I know you're going out with someone, Hads."

"So what if I am? I don't see how it's any of your business," she responded, pulling on her Converse that were set by the door.

"Because we're friends," Chloe whined.

Hadley turned. "Would you tell me who the last person you had sex with was?" Chloe's face immediately turned beet red, the blush going all the way down to her neck. "Exactly; it's none of your business." She grabbed her keys and headed out the door.

It was snowing, so the cabbies weren't making as many stops. After the fourth one passed her, she gave up and started walking. Liam had told her he'd be there at six, but it was already fifteen minutes after so she decided to call him.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Liam. It's Hadley."

"Oh, hey Hadley. Are you still coming?" he asked, biting his thumbnail.

"Yeah, but the cabs aren't stopping so I'm having to walk. I'll be a bit late," she said, looking around. She pulled the phone away from her ear and whistled with her fingers, but the cab still didn't stop. "Damn it."

"Wait, where are you? It's freezing, you shouldn't be walking," he said.

"It's New York, Liam. We walk everywhere," she said, with a grin.

Liam chuckled softly, but he was still concerned. "Let me come get you. It won't take any time at all."

She sighed and looked around. She gave him the block she was on and within ten minutes, a black SUV pulled up beside her.

Liam opened the back door, grinning at Hadley and waving her over. She walked over and climbed in, closing the door immediately. "You look freezing," he said, as he took her hands in his.

"Well, it is below freezing outside," she said, with a grin as the guy in the front pulled away from the curb.

"Hadley, this is Paul. He's a good friend of mine," Liam said, with a grin. "Paul, this is Hadley."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," he said, with a kind smile.

"The pleasure's mine," she said, returning the grin. She turned back to Liam who was still holding her hands. "You're a very good heater, Liam."

He smiled, gently shaking his head. "I can't believe you'd be crazy enough to walk in this weather."

"Well, I thought I would catch a cab eventually!" she retorted. "I wasn't going to walk the entire way."

"Why do the cabs not pick up?" Paul asked.

Hadley looked forward, seeing one pull away before the guy could reach for the door handle. "When it's cold, they have the heaters running and if they open the door, the cold air gets inside."

"So, they don't pick up customers because of getting cold?" Liam asked.

Hadley nodded. "That's how they are. Cab drivers are horrible on cold days. Everyone kind of expects it, so they either walk or take their cars."

"Do you have a car, Hadley?" Paul asked. Hadley shook her head, noticing Liam hadn't let go of her hands. "Why not?"

"I can't afford the insurance here," she said. "It's New York, so everything is really expensive."

"Are you going to college?" Liam asked.

Hadley grinned. "Winter break. I get a month off."

"Are you going to visit your family?" Paul asked.

She took in a breath, feeling Liam gently squeeze her hand. "I might, I don't know yet."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go. :) If you see anything in here that doesn't seem quite accurate, it's because I have no idea what I'm talking about. Haha. :)

If you'd like to correct me, please shoot me a comment or a message. I won't mind. :) Thanks for reading, guys! Hope you like it so far. :)xx.