Status: Work In Progress

Asphodel's Echoes

Chapter 2 (In Progress) Atalia

Atalia's POV

Have you ever met people you just keep running into even if you don't want to ever see them again? I can guarantee that I am one of those people. I just always run into the people who seem to like me least. That's okay though, because I have Saeraphina with me all the time, and she's good company. Seraphina is my owl friend. She's black and has green eyes. Some might call her a pet but she's just as intelligient as most people I know, and her nickname is Saera.

My name's Atalia but I prefer Shaft these days. Only my parents know me by my real name and they probably wouldn't recognize me if they saw me today. Of course, that's mostly my fault for running away. I was upset with them for not getting me the dress I wanted, so I left, and I never saw reason to go back. They had my little sisters to coddle and groom into perfect nobles, and they had all the money they could want. I still run into the occasional "Wanted: Atalia Robins" posters but I look nothing like them anymore. In the pictures on the posters I'm 11, and now I'm 16. In case you're bad at at math, that's five years. Five years that I've lived on my own. It's actually not that bad. I can definitely say I prefer this more than my old life. Plus, living on my own, I'm free to learn how to fight and use magic as much as I want. No silly stuff like sewing and how to fold a napkin.

I'm a bounty hunter now, and a pretty well-known one at that. I hunt down criminals, monsters, and artifacts that are dangerous. On one said expedition, I found a chest with a Storage Gem in it, and now the gem is one of my most prized possesions. It uses magic energy to expand into a five foot by five foot closet space. When you stop supplying it with magic energy it compacts itself into a little gem that I wear on a band around my upper arm. It's really useful for traveling and it's where I store all my outfits, weapons, money, traveling supplies, and job posters. I carry two chain whips on bands that go around my upper thigh so their hidden by my usual outfit and a dagger in a hidden pouch in the ruffles of my dresses or in other spots in other outfits. I always wear a pair of shorts and a tube top or tank top underneath my dressses so I'm prepared for a fight. I can cut off the dress and have a fighting outfit ready. If I'm not wearing a dress, I also carry a bow and arrow with the bow broken down into three pieces that are attatched to my belt.