I Need You Like Water In My Lungs

10

I paced back and forth in the hotel room Gerard had reserved. I had promised Mandy, I'd tell Gerard about his soon to be born child. But as the time got closer to him coming to see me, I got no where closer to finding a good way to tell him.

"You remember the last time we were in a hotel?" I said out loud, it sounded some what decent.

"Well, I'm pregnant." too random I decided. That would be like saying, 'Remeber that time I got hit by a car? Well, I made you this sandwich.'

"Justine?" I heard Gerard come through the door in the front part of the room. There's this part of me, hearing his voice that didn't think now was the time to tell him about a baby.

"In here." I said before clearing my throat.

"Hiding?" he smirked as he came into the bedroom, walking closer seeing the look in his eyes. I knew then that it was not the time to tell him about a baby.

"I miss you so much, one more month." he murmured as he closed the space between us.

"I miss you too." I sighed before he kissed me. Yeah, now was definitly not the time to tell him about a baby."
---------------------------

"So?"

"So what?" I muffled through the egg roll I had just shoved in my mouth.

"What does Gerard think about his unborn child?" Mandy said.

"You know, you are worse than my mother."

"How so?" she laughed slurpping on her egg drop soup.

"You ask so many questions. And you nag."

"You didn't tell him did you?"

"See, here comes that nagging." I said stuffing some green beans in my mouth.

"Justine, really? What makes it so hard to tell him about his own baby." she said taking a sip from her soda

"Is it so hard for you to drink sweet tea? Soda makes you fat." I said trying to change the subjet

"Babies make you fat." she spat

"I just figured when he didn't have to rush off on tour for another few weeks. When he comes back, then I'll tell him."

"I think you're just full of shit. And there's something that you're scared of." she peered at me.

I just stared at her, as did the hungarians who walked by to pick up plates.

"My mother also embarasses me in public." I said with a smile,

"I don't even understand how they got here, this is a chineese resturant." she chuckled. But her smile soon faded when we got to the topic.

"I just don't even want to talk about it anymore. I'll tell him, be sure of that." I said trying to reassure her, and also make her shut up.
-------------------------------

This morning I woke up, blaming the chineese food. Then I remembered my condition, just like the old days. Clinging to my toilet, except this time I actually felt sick. I couldn't tell when it would pass.

"Justine?"

Now, that's when it would pass.

"Babe?"

He's home early, 2 weeks to be exact. Mandy probably knew this, and purposly didn't tell me.

"Justine?"

Maybe if I just sat here quietly he wouldn't hear me, and think I wasn't home. He'd go all the way to Mandy's, and that would be enough time for me to-. And there went another wave of nausea.