I Need You Like Water In My Lungs

12

I sat thinking about the first time I met Gerard. The way he came up to me, shook my hand and told me his name.

'Hola! Me llamo Gerard. Como te llamas?'

'Me llamo Justine. Encantada.' I smiled

'El gusto es mio.' he grinned

'Por que hablas espanol?' I asked, I knew I looked a little more tan than most of them. Just coming from our annual and last family vacation to Florida.

'Es habla ingles?'

'Si.' I laughed.

'De donde eres?' he continued to speak in spanish.

'Soy de New Jersey.' I knew it was coming.

'Que que?' he said looking me up and down again.

'I just got back from vacation, so I'm a little tan.'

'It wasn't just your skin though.' he grinned

'There's more Italian in me than anything.'

'Me too!'


I had never really liked Gerard from afar, but that had changed once his lips touched mine. That was end of senior year when I met him, I had thought about going to college. Any thought of that now is definitely out of the picture. I wonder if he would let me still go to work? Probably not, I could see him now,

'No girl of mine is going to work while she's carrying my child...'

He probably wouldn't say it quite like that, but it's possible. Either way he wouldn't let me work, he'd call my manager up and ask for an infinite maternity leave. I wonder if the baby will have his eyes, or mine? Maybe a combination of both, that would be an interesting color. Obviously she'll have dark hair, and a cute nose. Which reminds me we have a doctors appointment later today.
----------------------------------------

"Hmm" the doctor pondered over the charts he was holding in his hands.

"What's that mean?" Gerard whispered to me. I shrugged, I'd only watched movies.

"Well, according to this Mrs. Way-" I shot a glance to Gerard who seemed completely in what the doctor was trying say.

"You're having twins." he smiled, Gerard beamed down at me, and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I looked down at my stomach, then look up at the doctor. Then everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm, she needed a chapter to prove she wasn't crazy.

Just paranoid.

Sorry it was kind of short.