I Need You Like Water In My Lungs

13

"We can't take care of 2 babies! We can barely take care of ourselves!"

That's what my head was screaming as the doctor recalled the days events to me. Apparently I was so overwhelmed by the news of twins. I fainted, became unconscious rather.

"Which would explain why you were getting so big." the doctor kept smiling, as well as Gerard. I couldn't understand how he was so ready for one baby, now he's even more excited for 2. I must be crazy, because none of it was making sense to me. Mainly Gerard wasn't making sense, but he kept smiling at me. Like something was growing inside him. Making something inside me start to grow too, and not what was literally growing inside me, but something more. I suppressed it, looking away from his stone eyes, no good ever came from starring into them for too long.

"Justine, we're going to have to get a bigger house." Gerard squeaked as we left the doctors office. The receptionist gave us the 'awww, aren't you 2 cute" face, I for some reason wanted to hit her face.

"I don't even live with you as it is."

"Well then, we'll have to fix that." he grinned, opening the door for me to get into the car. He seemed so happy, I didn't want ruin his high by protesting. Because he would get his way in the end anyways.
------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm fat."

"Justine you have 2 babies inside you." Mandy sighed, and stole a piece of my fruit.

"I just don't understand how excited Gerard is." I poked around at the mixed fruit bowl.

"Ever come to think that maybe he's wanted kids?"

"Yeah, but this wasn't on purpose. It's just different for him."

"You just won't accept the fact the he loves you."

"I need to visit my mom."

"Does she even know about the babies at all, at least one?" Mandy asking because of my procrastination skills.

"Yeah, just not both." I smiled.
----------------------------------------------------------------

"Twins?" my mother exclaimed.

"Where's Gerard," My stepfather started to look angry.

"He's coming to dinner tonight, don't worry Bill." my mother shushed, she had a way of making him calm down faster than anyone else. She never had that luck with my father.

"He's in the studio, and this was kind of a surprise visit." I sighed as Bill took in my condition.

"Hmph."

"So, have you all looked at houses?" my mother said shooing bill to another room.

"Yes, Gerard took me yesterday, apparently he already has a house." I said remembering the house that was rather large.

"That's wonderful! I'm glad I'm finally going to have some grandchildren. Wait, am I too young to be called Granny?"

"Grammy makes you sound younger I suppose." I smiled at my mother,

"No it doesn't." Sam, my half brother said walking into the room.

"So you got yourself knocked up, huh?" he said looking me up an down.

"Sam, you only use that term if the father doesn't plan on being involved."

"I thought that was bastard?" I commented, Sam glared at me. We never got along, he still thinks I'm the old Justine, who drinks.

"People like you, are the worst ones to bring children into this world." he chuckled, I almost couldn't tell that he was serious.

"People like you will never find someone to bring children into the world with." I stated, he just continued to glare. Then he sat down, staring at me as if trying to figure out something.

"You're really clean aren't you?"

I didn't feel the need to oblige him with an answer.

"How long?" he said glancing to my bulge of a stomach.

"A year before I got pregnant." he smiled.

"Is he clean?"

"5 years."

"I think I will go to dinner tonight mom." he smiled patting my belly.

I suppose you could call us a family now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler, sorry it's kind of short.