I Need You Like Water In My Lungs

16

I screamed and shouted, and probably crushed some of the bones and tendons in his hand. But he never left my side, through the 10 hours it took.

"Come on Justine, you're almost there." he said calmly into my ear. Normally people are shouting just as loud as the woman. But he wasn't, and that for some reason worked better for me. They had sent Adam and Mandy out of the room, the pain had somewhat ebbed.

"Alright Mrs. Way, one more push should do it." the doctor said, I looked at Gerard and he only smiled. So I pushed, and another baby came out. Except it wasn't crying like my first baby was. I almost started to panic, but the nurse cleaned him up and brought him to our side of the bed. He smiled at me, his blue eyes wide open. It was like he recognized and knew that I was his mother. I then saw what maybe Gerard saw when he watched me waddle around. And my heart began to fill with even more love. Not just for my babies, but for Gerard. Adam, Mandy, Frank, Mikey all rushed in.

"Well hello." I smiled still looking at my baby. Gerard had the other, it was a boy too.

"Can we see them?" Mikey asked, I looked up to see his smile. I then realized that he was an uncle now.

"I'm an uncle." he said as if reading my thoughts.

"I am too!" Frank smiled stepping closer to the bed to get a better look at the babies.

"I'm an aunt." Mandy said bypassing Mikey and Frank to hold the one Gerard had.

"Names yet?" she cooed, the babies were starting fall asleep. The nurses would soon take them away for sterilization. I was prepped on this when admitted to the hospital.

"This one is Coulter Ryan." I looked ad Gerard and he smiled. "And that one is Keaton Blake."

"Alright Mrs. Way, we'll take them. And you both can fill out the paper work." the nurse smiled and she and another gently took Keaton and Coulter. I looked at Gerard who was still smiling at me. Mandy and the rest of them either followed the babies, or felt that we should be left alone.

"I love you." I smiled, Gerard looked somewhat surprised.

"I'm sorry I haven't said that enough, considering you say it and mean it all the time. It's just taken me a bit too long to realize that it's true."

"That what's true?" he asked looking confused but grinning.

"That you love me." I smiled, and he gently kissed me on the lips.

"I don't know if I can wait 2 months Justine." he murmured making me laugh a little.

"Neither do I." I grinned as he kissed me again.

I then, let all my silly paranoia, and fears go. I had no reason to have or believe in them anymore. And this new, life that Gerard and I were starting with our newborns, it gave me the reason I needed to live life the way I was supposed to.
♠ ♠ ♠
-Fin-