Status: Completed

On the Bright Side

Chapter 3

I tried to open the back doors to my bedroom, only to find them locked. I sighed and walked around to the front of the house. I opened to front door. I stepped inside, slipping off my shoes as quietly as possible. I traipsed into the kitchen, hoping to find a late night snack, but a little yellow paper sitting on the counter caught my attention.

"Hayden,
Hannah and I are gone for the night. I took her out for dessert with the people from work. Long story short, we won't be back until tomorrow. Remember that I love you honey. Have a good night.
Love, Marina"

I sighed, and turned my back to the note facing the fridge. I opened it scanning it briefly before closing it. All thoughts of food or hunger had disappeared when I read the note. Marina really makes me feel small. Unimportant.

"I am a man of six feet tall. Just looking for some answers in a world that answers none of them at all. I'll say "Hi," but not reply to the letters that you write because I found some peace of mind." I spoke aloud to no one but myself. "Cause I'm only as tall as my heart will let me be, and I'm only as small as the world will make me seem. But when the going gets rough and I feel like I may fall, just look on the bright side, I'm roughly six feet tall."

Marina makes me seem two feet tall, but dammit my heart makes me twelve feet tall!

I sauntered to my room, to find Drew fast asleep on the rug, right where he was when I left. A smile ghosted my lips as I carefully stepped around him, sitting in a chair. I hummed a simple tune.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Lemme know how I did XD