Hearts of Deception

Avalar

Avalar paid the taxi fare and stared at her new home in Pleasantview. Life back home was not easy and she did not want to leave the only home she ever knew. However, she had no other choice; she found the small, but decent size one room house and jumped on it immediately. After the closing, the movers brought in the furniture and she received the keys just two hours ago.

Avalar sighed and shook her head as she headed inside to look around. Almost everything was on the bottom floor. Kitchen to the right, bathroom to the left and upstairs was the bedroom. In addition, the couch and TV were outside on the little balcony.

“Okay so maybe it isn’t as big as I would’ve liked…” Avalar mumbled to herself as she turned to head back inside her bedroom. The double bed took up most of the space but there was enough room for her chestnut drawer.

Midafternoon was slowly approaching and Avalar has busied herself with studying cooking when she heard her doorbell go off. Smiling to herself, she closed her book, and headed down to greet the new strangers.

A light blush but big smile appeared on her face when she saw him. He was well built with tight muscles showing through his not so lose green shirt. His brown eyes mirrored her’s as he returned her smile.

“Hi, I’m Jason Taylor. I saw that you moved in and I just wanted to say welcome to Pleasantview.”

Words were not found on her lips as she continued to stare at this beautiful man. However, when he corked his head to the side and his smile dwindled, she snapped out of her dazed state.

“Hi, I’m Avalar. Thank you for the welcome.”

At the sound of a cleared throat, they both turned around and realized others had also come to voice their welcomes. Avalar waved in acknowledgement and looked back at Jason who had long returned his gaze back to her.

“Well um, I just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood-“he handed her a piece of paper- “call me if you ever need anything.”

She nodded and he started down the sidewalk and realized that he did not live far at all, just a few down across the street. What a steal! She mentally shook herself out of her dazed state once again and went on to great everyone else.

By the time everyone finally left, it was already nearing nine and she just realized she had not eaten anything. She went back upstairs to get her book and went into the kitchen, her very first attempt at Macaroni and Cheese. Suffice to say it did not go too well, she over cooked the elbows and kind of burnt the cheese, but it could have been worse.

Maybe she could study up more and invite Jason to a meal one day.