Hearts of Deception

Jason

“Ja- Jason, what’s going on?”

Jason pulled away from Serena and looked at Avalar without any shame. Avalar stood there, holding the top of her robe to cover her neck. She glared at him, but he didn’t seem to care. He wasn't smirking or acting like a person who had just been caught cheating, it was almost as if he had planned the whole thing, that would explain why Serena didn’t look the least bit shocked when Avalar had exited the bathroom. Jason must have said something to her.

“Avalar, this is Serena. Serena, Avalar.” He was being so casual about the whole situation. Was he going to move her into the house with them? What was going on?

“Jason, why is she-“

“Serena is here to help me move.”

“Move? You’re- you’re leaving me?”

“Yep,” he said as he moved to the bedroom and then turned around to face her. “But look on the bright side; you’ll have the room back.” He smirked and disappeared to get his things.

Avalar turned to look at Serena who only shrugged just as casually and went into the bedroom with him. After ten minutes, Jason was fully moved out. He had only taken his clothes and some of his food items in the fridge.

Avalar already knew the answer to her question, but she just had to ask anyways. “Jason! What about your son?”

Jason paused at the door and narrowed his eyes. Not in a malicious way, but he appeared to have been thinking about it himself. He chewed on his lip and looked Avalar in the eye. “Keep him.” The door closed with a soft click.

The ride back was a quiet one. Jason did not say anything as he pulled into the driveway. He didn’t regret his choice to leave for a minute, he’d always wanted to be with Serena, but he knew Avalar did not deserve to be used, mistreated, and finally left with a baby to rose, but that’s what happened.

Serena let out a soft sigh, which made Jason turn his attention to her. She was looking out of the window before she turned to meet his stare. “Are you okay?”

Jason nodded and cut off the engine. “I’m fine. It sucks that the situation got out of hand but I’m happy that we’re finally together.”

She put a soft hand on his arm, still holding his gaze. “Me too.”

They shared a kiss before getting out to collect his things.

The tiny house was in the same condition it had been in before he moved out. Serena still her same old neat freak self and that was fine with him.

A sudden wave of sadness filled the air, as the two looked away from each other not sure what to say. Jason knew the situation was his fault. He had said some hurtful things to Serena before leaving her for Avalar and continuing his spree. He glanced her way and reached out for her hand, but she continues to look away. “I’m sorry, Serena. I’m sorry for what I said, I know I hurt you and that was never my intention. I was just, “ he stopped his sentence when Serena started to shake her head. She finally looked his way and gave him a soft smile.

“It was my fault too, Jason. I didn’t know that my habit was driving you insane and I know I didn’t come off as approachable when you wanted to talk about it. It’s just a force of habit that’s all.”

“I guess if I had tried to get to know you at all, I would have known that.”

Suddenly feeling flirty, Serena gave him a seductive smile and started to swing his hand a little. “Well maybe we can get to know each other….intimately,” she winked and small smile crept across his face. Serena squealed as Jason quickly swept her off her feet and headed straight towards the bedroom.

The foggy weather the next morning would have been the best kind of weather to have morning sex to; However, Jason had an early shift so a chaste kiss was his fourth choice before leaving for the day.

Despite his happy mood, Jason could not get Avalar out of his mind. His shift at work was slowly becoming disastrous as he continued to mess up three too many times before being sent home for the day. It wasn’t his dream job, but he needed to work. Data entry was the last thing he wanted to do, he hated being confined in an office in front of a computer so being let off early was a blessing.

Instead of going straight home to his waiting woman, his curiosity finally had gotten the best of him and he paid a visit to Avalar’s residence. He could tell she wasn’t home because the lights were off and the car was gone. He stood on the sidewalk for a few minutes, contemplating on whether or not he should wait for her or come back the next day. He didn’t know what he would say to her. He wasn’t even sure if his feeling now, all he knew was that he needed to talk to her and he wanted to see his son.

Jason finally gave up after thirty minutes and decided it would be best to come back tomorrow before his shift. He needed to see Avalar and his son; he would make sure of it.