Status: Active

Trials in Life

Chapter 2

Johnny was lead in handcuffs to the room he had been staying in for the past week. One cop unlocked the door while the other unlocked the handcuffs around his arms and ankles.

"Hurry up and get changed Seward." He says. "We leave in ten minutes.

Sighing he walked in the room and went to his drawer. He went through grabbing a old faded shirt and some sweats. After this he started packing his few belongings.

The last item was a picture of him and Lacey at a pier.

He smiled sadly at it. It was one of his favorite picture of them together.

He had worn a suit while Lacey had worn a blue dress. Her hair had been blonde at the time.

He remembered they had been laughing and having fun with friends and drinking.

Him and Lacey were looking out at the ocean. A friend had unknowingly at the time to then took a picture.

Lacey was a couple of inches taller than him. So she had to squat down to lay her head on his shoulder.

That was another thing he loved about Lacey. Due to him being shorter than the average man Johnny had problems in the dating department. For some reason women didn't like to date short men.

But Lacey was an exception. She saw past that and saw the person and heart inside.

She told him the old phrase. "You're not short you're fun sized."

He chuckled then remembered getting the pictures.

Their friend had developed the pictures and gave them theirs. He remembered his him and Lacey had a big laugh at it.

He sighed knowing he wouldn't be like that for a while now.

"You ready Seward?" The cop asked poking his head in.

Johnny nodded getting up and grabbed his suitcase.

The handcuffs were placed back on him. Placing a hand on his shoulder they lead him down the hallway.

They stopped at the window where they stored personal belongings like jewelry and anything metal.

The cop spoke to the woman behind the desk. She nodded went to the back. She returned with a Manila folder that contained his nose ring, and watch.

She handed it to the cop. After saying thank you. She gave Johnny a sympathetic look before he was lead outside where a car was waiting.

Just as he was about to get in...

"Wait!" A familiar voice said. "Please wait!"

Johnny looked up to his shock he saw Lacey running over to them.

"Lacey?" He said in disbelief.

He tried to walk to her but the cop grabbed his shoulder pulling him back.

She finally was in front of him panting and out of breath.

"Lacey." Johnny said.

"Johnny." She said takin his hands in hers.

"Ma'am we have to escort this prisoner to the Huntington Creational Facility now." He said.

"I'm his girlfriend." She said. "Can I at least say goodbye?"

The cop looked at his partner they exchanged some words.

He finally nodded. "Make it quick."

Johnny wrapped his arms around Lacey as she started sobbing.

"I love you Johnny." She whispered.

"I love you too Lacey." He said as they pulled away.

"Baby I'm sorry for doing this to you." He said.

"It's okay I know why you did it." She said with a tearful smile. "It doesn't make me love you any less."

"But look what I'm putting you through." He said.

"Babe don't beat yourself up about this." She said. "I'll be okay."

"I'm going far away from you though." He said.

"I'll still try to visit." She said hugging him again. "Be strong while your there okay?"

He nodded and pulled back stroking her cheek. She squeezed his hand and leaned forward kissin him. Johnny tried the best he could to wrap his arms around her.

Her hands played with the little bit of hair on his head while his managed to to her lower back. They got lost in each other. Trying to memorize how each other tasted and the feel of each others lips.

Eventually the cop cleared his throat. They pulled apart looking into each others eyes.

Johnny beat down getting into the car. The cop closed the door and walked to the drivers side.

Lacey placed her hand on the window while he did the same. The cop started the car and slowly drove until their hands were separated.

Johnny looked through the back window and waved at Lacey who was on the verge of tears again.

He turned around sighing and looked out the window at the passing scenery.

He eventually fell asleep.

He was woken up by the sound of the car stopping. Johnny sat up to see they were at a large prison that was surrounded by barb wire and a large gate.

The cop talked to the cop at the gate. The gate cop nodded and waved them through. He glanced at Johnny as they drove pass.

They stopped. The cop got out along with his partner. He opened the door grabbing Johnnys arm and pulled him out the car.

"Welcome to your new home Seward." He said.

Johnny stared at the huge prison. It was a dark sinister looking monster. It looked cold and uninviting.

"Come on you can look later." The cop said pulling him through the door. "You're gonna be here for eighteen years."

Johnny sighed as he was lead down the hallway. They stopped at the desk. The guy looked up then went to the back. He returned with an orange jumpsuit.

Leading him to a bathroom. The guy searched Johnny before telling him to get changed.

Johnny did it as quickly as he could. Feeling slightly violated at being nude in front of other guys.

After changing they lead him to a big center where mutiple doors were.

Johnny shuddered as the prisoners pounded on the doors yelling all kinds of shit at him.

"New meat you're gonna be my little bitch." One said as they walked pass.

"I'm comma ram myself into your little ass while you sleep." Another said.

Johnny shuddered knowing this was the place that was going to be his home for the next eighteen years.

He was lead to a door that had the number 14 on it. They unlocked it. Inside was a guy laying on his bed staring blankly at the ceiling.

"We got you a new cell mate Thor." The cop said pushing Johnny in. "His name is Jonathan Seward." "Show him the ropes and tell him how it goes around this place."

And with that said they left Johnny in the cell with the guy named Thor.

Thor hadn't moved an inch since the door was opened. Johnny didn't want trouble. Seeing how the guy hadn't said anything he figure he didn't want to be messed with.

Johnny went of his bed and started making it.

"Your mother didn't teach you manners?" A deep voice asked.

Johnny looked up surprised and saw Thor looking in his direction.

"I figured you didn't want to be bothered." Johnny said.

Thor chuckled. "Bother?" "I'm not doing shit."

He got up and stood in front of Johnny. Thor was fairly tall with long pass the shoulder hair, multiple tattoos like him, and a mustache like Hulk Hogan.

"Thor." He said holding his hand out.

"Johnathan Seward." He said shaking his hand. "You can call me Johnny though."

"Alright Johnny." Thor said. "So whatcha in for?"

"Robbing a bank and stealing a car." He said.

"What for?" He asked.

"My girlfriend needed surgery for a tumor that's on the left side of her brain." He said. "We didn't have the money and I was desperate."

Johnny felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked to see Thor giving him a sympathetic look.

"Respect." He said. "You did something like that for the woman you love knowing you could go to jail." "That speaks of nothing but a good hearted person."

Johnny found himself smiling as Thor smiled back at him. Maybe this won't be so bad as long as I have someone to talk to.

"Time for lunch!" A voice said interrupting his thoughts.

Their door was opened by a cop who gestured them out. He lead them downstairs and to the cafeteria. They got in line getting their trays.

After getting their food Thor lead Johnny to a table which had two other guys seated there.

"Johnny this is Tom." Thor said gesturing to a guy with blue hair. And this is Mike." He gestured to the guy with dirty blonde hair.

"So you're the new guy." Tom said.

Johnny nodded.

Time smiled. "Seeing that Thor has befriended a new guy which is rare we'll show you the ropes around here."

"Thanks." Johnny said feeling slightly more comfortable.

"First off I advise don't reality eat the food." Mike said looking at it with disdain. "This shit isn't really cooked all the way plus I'm sure they put some other shit in it."

Tom rolled his eyes. "He's paranoid don't listen to him." "The food here is completely edible."

Johnny nodded. "So is there anyone here I should keep away from?"

At that moment the door burst opened at four guys walked in.

One was muscular with a buzzcut hair and looked like he had a very fast temper.

The second one had shoulder length hair and brown eyes that glared at everyone who looked there way.

The third one had black hair that covered his face. So Johnny couldn't see his features or tell what he was thinking.

The last one was a very tall skinny guy with untidy hair. He reminded Johnny of Lurch. He looked like he could crush him.

"Who are those guys?" Johnny whispered.

"Those are the guys you should stay away from." Thor said. "That's Avenged Sevenfold."