Restrictions

Chapter 1

L crouched in front of his computer monitor, playing with his bottom lip as he watched the live video feed of Light’s confinement cell. Light hadn’t moved in hours; he was just lying horizontally on the floor and staring through the bars of his cell. As much as L hated to admit it, Light really seem like he was innocent, even though all of the evidence in the case pointed to him. L had a feeling that Light was Kira, and his suspicions always proved to be correct. Not to mention that a valuable member of his team, ex-police chief Sorichiro Yagami, had requested that he be placed in a cell as well until Light was released. Then on top of that, the famous Misa Amane was completely restrained in yet another cell under the suspicion of being a second Kira. There was only so long that she could disappear for before someone saw through the flimsy excuse. A drug scandal? With a little research from a relatively experienced (but highly obsessive) fan, that cover could be disintegrated.

“Watari,” L spoke suddenly, standing up and climbing out of the chair. “I want to visit Light.”

Watari turned from a stack of papers he was reading and looked at L, frowning slightly. “Excuse me, sir?” L shrugged, stretching and reached down to pick up his plate of shortcake from the small table next to his chair.

“Light,” he sighed, picking up his fork in his first two fingers. “He looks kind of miserable and could use some social interaction. Plus it’s not like we can keep them all in there forever.”

Watari nodded and stood up, walking over to the safe where the keys to all three cells were contained. He pushed in the numbers of the correct combination, waiting until the light flashed green, signaling that the safe had been opened. He reached in and grabbed the key ring before closing the safe and locking it again, all in one swift motion. He turned to L, who was busy trying to fit an enormous piece of shortcake into his mouth.

“Umf, ifoo don mine, I fink I shd golon,” L said around a mouthful of cake. Watari didn’t move, just waited for L to repeat his sentence. L swallowed and spoke again.

“If you don’t mind, I think I should go visit Light alone.”

Watari raised his eyebrows in surprise. Visiting Light alone, who was the prime suspect in the Kira case, was putting his life in direct danger. However, he trusted L above everyone else, and respected the majority of his wishes without much debate. Instead, however, he handed the key ring to L along with a Bluetooth earpiece.

“Do you intend to remove him from the cell? Should I make arrangements?”

“I’m not sure yet. I have to see what state he’s in, but most likely, no.”

“Understood. But please, do be careful.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a newfound obsession with Death Note (particularly L; he is my child) and yeh of course I'm writing a fanfic about it lol

idc if u dont like the ship they'd be perf byE