Status: I'll get it done when I get the time

Never the Same

On My Own

She tried to breathe, a heavy dead corpse lying on top of her. Still trying to be discreet about her being there while the herd of walkers brushed past her. She was an amateur, no military skills, hunting skills, survival skills. Hell, she was skating on thin ice every day that passed by. By now she learned hiding and being unnoticed was the best thing to do. She held the dead body on her until she could no longer hear the moans and groans of the other walkers.

She rolled the body off of her and stood back up quickly on her feet, watching the walkers get further and further away. She pats her pockets for the only thing she carried dear to her in her pockets. Finally, she flips open her pocket knife and bites the hinge between her teeth. Reassuring herself the cost was clear she runs off over a brick wall and swiftly and quietly to the best of her ability to the other side of the street. You never really grow accustomed to being alone, but after a while or months, you just stop thinking about how there’s no else.

She could remember it like it was yesterday, still haunting her. Her group was raided by a sea of walkers. It consisted of her older brother, her neighbor from down the street and a stray dog. Not much of a group honestly, but that was her own family. Was her own family. She shook her thoughts away and kept heading down the road.

Two miles from here there was an old convenient store that she believed use to have food and other needed supplies. She’s been their once, before the dead raised back up and it was the same bull shit but a different day. While walking down the road she spotted a lone skateboard parked up against a burned out yellow corvette. She held the grip of the knife firmly in her hand and stalked her way towards it. It still had four wheels, sturdy board- so far it was pretty decent. From her peripherals she spots a middle aged woman seated in the corvette, obviously dead from the gunshot wound coming from what it seemed into the mouth and out the other end of her skull. The gun lying next to her, probably a suicide. The woman’s body was pretty chewed up from the fact that the recoil must of attracted a lot of walkers her way and made a meal of her dead carcass.

The gun sadly had no ammo; opening the door of the vehicle making the stench of death reek into her nostrils. It didn't very much faze her from the beginning she started killing the walkers, this shitty world making its way, molding her into something she never imagined she would become. She carefully pulled the woman out the car and checked the glove compartment for any more weapons. Of course nothing was found and she had to come to conclusion of defeat.

She grabbed the skateboard, haven't really rode one since she was a kid, hoping she still had the basic skill on pushing her foward while still balanced. After a while she could see the store, but stopped quickly snapping behind the corner of an alley way. There was a vehicle already parked there, a car she never remembered being as one of the abandoned vehicles. She placed the skate board on its back to not make a sound. Walking the rest of the way towards the building.

When she stood directly at the entrance of the back way into the store, she placed her ear against the cold metal listening for the usual moaning and hissing of a walker. Instead she heard easy footsteps moving around probably collecting things they needed too. She pulled back from the door, she had to make up a plan.

Can't just walk right in, they might attack her. Or worse.

Or would they calmly invite her to their group if they had one?

She wasn't about to risk it. She began moving away from the door, but luck was never on her side. While going back to the front entrance to see if the people inside were finished supplying. She froze as the door opened as the person inside was coming out. Like a deer in headlights, she came face to face with an asian man.

The first human she's seen in months.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading the first chapter of this story. I know haven't really wrote a story in a while, but fingers crossed that this one will get done. :)

~K :3