Status: I'll get it done when I get the time

Never the Same

Tough Love

"Glenn, we need more supplies for the group. Can you make a run into town?" Rick asked Glenn.

"Yeah, just give me a second to pack up." Glenn went off and began packing things in his bag. Mary thought it was time that she started pulling her own weight around.

"I can help you, if you want." She offered.

Glenn smiled, "That'd be great, thanks." All of a sudden she felt someone stand right behind her.

"You aint goin into town." Southern drawl. It was no other then Daryl.

Mary turned around to face him in confusion, "Why not?" Curiosity always got the better of her.

"You don't have any weapons, or from what I've seen, to even protect yourself. Goin out there you'd be dead for sure. We need all the people we can get around here." Daryl snapped.

Glenn rolled his eyes, "Here, you earned it." He said as he pulled a hunting knife out from his bag and handed it to her. Mary smiled and grabbed it gratefully.

"See? No problem." She said trying to show Daryl the knife she recieved. It didnt really work.

"You better watch her like a hawk. God forbid we lose another person cause someone had their tail in between their legs and took off running. We don't have much grave openings." Daryl said glaring at Glenn and stomping off to his tent.

"What's wrong with him?" Mary asked with annoyance in her tone.

Glenn smiled, "He's just pissed off. Worried."

Mary frowned, "I can salvage."

Glenn dryly laughed and flung his backpack over his shoulder, "Coming back is our main goal. He's just worried I'll be the only one returning."

Mary chuckled sarcastically, "What is he now, my mother?" She had the impression that Daryl hated her. Glenn walked over towards the truck with Mary in tow.

"Seems like it."

Mary climbed in the truck after Glenn and they were driving down the road in no time.

Mary liked looking at the miles and miles of untouched fields it made her feel like there's still some beauty left in the world. "What do we need?" Mary asked as they finally pulled up.

"Medical supplies: pain relievers, bandages, and antibiotics." Explained Glenn as they walked through the door. Mary nodded her head and headed towards the back of the store to get them. She didn't ask. Mary was pulling all sorts of antibiotics in her bag and grabbing the occasional bandages.

Then all of the bottles on the shelf came hurtling at her as a hand popped out and tightly grabbed her neck. She knew exactly from the moaning and hissing. Mary, wide eyed and terrified, came face to face with the walker on the other side of the shelf. The walker was trying to reach past the shelf to take a bite out of her but couldn't reach. Instead it just made its usual gurgling noises and tightened its grip painfully over her neck blocking air from reaching her lungs.

Mary reached for her knife and pulled it out of her holster, but the walker shook her and the knife landed with a thud on the ground with Mary unable to reach it. Dizziness became to overcome her as the huge walker's grip some how became tighter and tighter. Oxygen now was non-existent.

"Mary!" Glenn shouted as he finally found out what was going on. He pulled his knife out and ran behind the walker and stabbed it in its eye.

Blood squirted with a sickening sound all over her face and chest as the giant finally released her. Mary gasped for breath as she collapsed to the floor coughing for air. Glenn bent down next to her trying to calm her down. "Are you okay?" He asked panicked. Mary nodded wrapping her hand around her neck feeling the bruise coming on.

"I'm fine. Lets just get out of here, please." Mary's voice was a bit shooken up.

Glenn nodded, "Of course, come on." He said while helping her up from the floor and guided her back to the truck while carrying the supplies they picked up. Once they were in the truck Glenn turned towards her.

"Let me see your neck."

Mary lifted her chin baring the skin, and by the grimace on his face it definitely bruised. "That bad, huh?" She asked already knowing the answer.

Glenn just pursed his lips and pulled down the passenger side mirror for her to see herself. It was indeed bad. Glenn flipped it back up, "Let's get going." He said after awhile.

Once they returned to the farm Glenn handed all the supplies to Rick. Mary got out of the truck and walked towards the R.V. hoping Carol was in there so she could help clean up her neck for her. The walker actually broke skin. The R.V. door opened before she had the chance to even reach the door handle. She came face to face with Daryl. Who was obviously pissed. As usual.

"What the hell happened?" Daryl asked. He acted like he knew this would happen. Mary took her hand to her neck to cover it up, but Daryl smacked her hand away.

He already saw it. "I-I..." Mary stammered while rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly.

"Where in the hell is Glenn?" Huffed Daryl in a rage, "Couldn't do a god damn simple task of watching you. If you would have died, it would have been your blood on his hands." He stormed off in search of him.

"Damn it Daryl! I'm fucking tired of you treating me like a damn child! I didnt ask you for any of this! If I'm being chased by a damn walker let me take care of it, and if I die. I fucking die, Alright? I don't need you playing mother! I'm fine!" Mary snapped, her temper getting the best of her at the moment. Daryl spun around on his heel and glared at her.

"You have a bruise the size of Texas on your neck. That is not fine." He growled. Mary gritted her teeth, she looked around and saw the whole group watching their exchange. "From now on you don't leave this farm, got it?" Daryl demanded.

Mary swallowed back her fear as he glared more intently at her. "Fuck you."

She stormed off, Daryl storming off in the other direction with his crossbow. Mary didn't look back, walking aimlessly. After a while, Mary sat down in a field and curled her knees against her chest. Placing a hand on her neck and winced in pain, "Why does he hate me?" She asked herself.

"Daryl definitely does not hate you, Mary." She looked up and saw Carol.

"Did you see the way he yelled at me? " Mary asked incredulously. "Reminded me of my damn father."

Carol smiled and sat beside her, "It just scared him."

"Scared him? Why does he care?" Mary spat. Carol nodded taking her hand gently in her own and giving it a comforting squeeze.

"He's just protecting what he cares about is all."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!!!~

~K :3