Status: I'll get it done when I get the time

Never the Same

Feelings Never Realised

Mary seriously doubted Carol, but didnt say anything. Later that day while everybody was eating dinner, or rather whatever Daryl caught that evening. Mary seperated herself from the group and was out by the woods sitting on a branch of a high tree off from the ground.

She had her knife with her and she could see the occasional walker go by, but they never spotted her. She kept silent and just watched them walk by. There were only two and they weren't very smart. She observed them closely until an arrow was shot in both of their heads; the two corpses dropped still to the ground.

Mary looked towards the direction and saw Daryl with his usual crossbow. "They aren't very smart if they can't see you." She said, startling Daryl as he quickly looked up noticing her in the tree. Daryl huffed and leaned against the same tree.

"You're not very smart for letting them get that close to you."

Mary diverted her eyes from him, "They would have just wandered off else where."

Did he really think she was that useless? Stupid?

Daryl sighed, "I'm sorry for blowin' up on you earlier."

Mary wrapped her hand around her still bruised neck as a reminder. She swiffly jumped out of the tree and landed on her feet, "Yeah...Me too. Even though you had really no reason to blow up. Nobody else was mad at me but you..." Mary chuckled dryly. "I was more mad at myself than anything."

Daryl wasn't looking at her anymore, instead he was studying the dead walker bodies. Mary still wasn't sure what his reason were, but she didn't bother to ask twice.

"How long were you on your own before Glenn found ya?"

That was out of the blue.

"Uh, months. Three, four...maybe even five. Can't really remember." Mary explained.

Daryl shook his head in astonishment. Mary has had a thought in her head for awhile, but never told anyone. "I think I might leave the group..." She began hesitantly, worried that Daryl will scream at her again.

"Why? So you can die faster than originally planned?" He asked firmly.

Mary shook her head, "Originally planned? I could die this very minute and for what? I have nothing to lose, nothing to die for. I just-"

Daryl interrupted her, "You're my responsibilty now. I won't allow it."

Mary looked up at him with a raised brow and grabbed his collar, "No, I'm not. I'm not some useless being for you to protect then at some time risk your life to save mine. I already told you once, I've been just fine on my own for a long period of time..." Mary looked intensly into his eyes and softly let go of him. Daryl swung his crossbow over his shoulder and turned his back to her to walk back to the camp.

"You're not leaving this farm."

Mary followed behind him, she was beginning to become shortly aggravated. "That's not your decision to m-" Daryl swung around to face her with such force and rage it almost surprised her enough to almost throw her off balance.

"It is my decision. You are the only person that doesn't completely hate my guts yet. And I think that's a pretty good damn thing to have around." He then turned back around and continued walking. Mary paused for a while, then silently followed behind him. They were pastures and pastures away from the farm, and it would take some walking distance to getting back.

"You weren't even supposed to come this far out from the farm anyway." Daryl tsk'ed.

Mary didn't feel like arguing, "Sorry." Keeping her head down and following Daryl's feet.

Daryl stopped walking all of a sudden making Mary walk straight into his back. "I'm being an asshole. Okay, I get that, but you can't do as you please like you used too. Your making people care against their goddamn will. You can't just leave after that. You can't just come on in, then walk on out."

Mary listened to Daryl as he ranted. Maybe Carol was right, Daryl did care for her. He just had a horrible way of showing it.

"You're right...I'm sorry..." Mary said. Darly looked her over, and again turned around and continued walking. Darly was probably the only one who really did care for her. She ought to stay just a little longer. Give the thought of leaving a second thought.

"You're going hunting later, right?" Mary asked. Daryl nodded, still walking with Mary in tow. "Can I go with you?"

Daryl shook his head in disapproval, "It's ouside the farm perimeter."

Mary sighed deeply, "You're serious about me not leaving the farm yard, aren't you?"

"Yeah I am. The farm is the safest place for us."
♠ ♠ ♠
Make sure to comment and tell me what you think!

~K :3