Status: I'll get it done when I get the time

Never the Same

Blood Shed

"Hey, Mary! Wanna go with me to town?" Glenn asked. Mary shook her head, she remembered Daryl's words. Daryl made his rules very clear.

"I can't, I'm sorry."

Glenn frowned, "Why not?"

Mary sighed entering her tent with Glenn right behind her. "Daryl said I can't leave the farm." She said while sitting down in her tent.

Glenn sat opposite of her, "What are you like twelve? " He asked sarcastically.

Mary shrugged, "Seems like it."

Glenn rolled his eyes, "Why can't you leave? I'll be there to back you up. Yeah, I screwed up last time but this time I'll be right beside you."

Mary replied automatically as if Daryl ingrained his reasoning inside her brain, "He says it's not safe."

Glenn was about to open his mouth to speak, but Mary hushed him. "Do you hear that?" She asked while hastily getting up and out of her tent with Glenn behind her. She couldn't pin point it, but she knew it sounded familiar. "A helicopter." Mary shouted.

Mary smiled as the helicopter's sound was coming closer. Her smile then becoming to an instint frown, realizing what was happening. Walkers were awfully attracted to noise. The helicoptor's blades were becoming louder and louder. Then it flew right over them. "This isn't good. It's going to attract Walkers." Mary said to herself. Glenn stopped smiling too. Rest of the group hadn't quite realised, screaming and waving their arms to get the pilot to notice them.

Thousands of walkers would be coming this way to follow that helicopter.

"Guys! We need to move! Walkers are going to be coming this way! We have to leave!" Glenn shouted. Everyone began to panic. "Come on! Pack everything we can't stay here!" Shouted Rick before everyone began running off collecting their things. Mary was in shock, she was frozen. No matter how much she tried, she was never safe. No where was safe.

"Mary come on! Move!" Shouted Rick.

She snapped out of it, "W-Where's Daryl?" She shouted.

"He left an hour ago, hunting. We don't have time to wait for him!"

Mary shook her head, "I'm not leaving without him. You guys go. Go!"

Glenn grabbed her arms roughly and shook her violently, "You'll be dead by the time he gets back. If he even gets back here at all." He tried to reason.

Mary looked all around her, the group all running around collecting everything. Throwing them in their cars and into the R.V. all looking terrified. "We can't leave him!" She shouted before pulling herself out of his grip. She ran towards Daryl's tent with Glenn running after her. She began throwing his stuff into her bag. If he did come back soon he wouldn't have time to pack his things. After getting his and her stuff in a bag she ran and threw it into the R.V. with everyone else's things.

"Come on!" Rick shouted at everyone.

Mary looked towards the woods. She saw them. The walkers. They were spread out so far and wide like a wall of death. Slowly making their way closer to the farm. They had about a good ten minutes before they actually made it here. Mary bit her bottom lip. There looked like there had to be hundreds of them. Still no word of Daryl. Glenn grabbed her hand and began pulling against him.

"He's not here yet! We can't leave him behind!"

"Mary please! Their coming!" Glenn said with panic in his eyes.

"Leave me here to die! I'm not leaving without him!" Mary grabbed Glenn's shirt and shouted in his face. "I can't and I won't."

Glenn grabbed her shoulders, pleading. They had no time to spare. "Mary! Daryl will be just fine! He took his motorcycle and his crossbow! But please, we need to leave right now!"

She looked over towards the others. Panic, fear, anger; they were running out of time. Their safe haven was going to be gone. Lori was trying to calm Carl down who was hysteric while trying to get him in the car.

Dale was shouting instructions to Andrea from on top of the R.V. as she threw people's bags inside it. Shane was loading all the guns into the trunk of Rick's car. Hershel was getting his daughters inside his truck. And Carol was in the R.V. hastily putting away everyone's belongings. And then there was Mary and Glenn. Glenn trying to pull her inside the truck as Mary resisted. The walkers we practically here now. They were about a few yard away, their time was hanging by a thread.

"Mary," Glenn grabbed her face and looked into her eyes, "Daryl's going to be just fine. I know he is. We need to go!"

Mary punched Glenn in the chin, making him fall to the ground shocked. "I'm not leaving him, not again!" Glenn got back up, and pulled her over his shoulder. "I'm not leaving you here!"

"Hurry up!" Shouted Rick as everyone started their vehicles. Glenn threw Mary into the car, started the engine. She looked out the window and saw the walkers walk right through the fence breaking it down. It was only a matter of seconds now. Mary swallowed back her fear. She had two options:

Today was going to be the day she had to kill her first walker.

Or not look back and leave without Daryl.


Mary felt tears well up in her eyes and she jumped out of the car. Mary flipped open her pocket knife and the hunting knife Glenn gave to her. She bit the inside if her cheek tasting the blood and her body was beginning to be full of rage. Mary suddenly heard Daryl's bike. She looked over towards the direction. Daryl flew right past the walkers who all reached for him as he rode by.

"Mary!" Daryl shouted as a warning as a walker came up right beside her. The walker lunged at her catching her off gaurd, trying to sink it's teeth in. The group was all ready, making a line of cars leaving the farm. Glenn, herself, and Daryl were being left behind. The walker dived his teeth for her face, but for the first time ever she plunged her knife into the back of the walker's skull.

The walker let out a terrifying sound and Mary dug deeper and twisted her hunting knife before pulling it out of it's head and into another walker that was right behind her. Glenn shouted from where he was in the car. She couldn't hear what he said, she was on a murderous rampage with the walkers. And that's exactly how she felt, a murderer. But then again they were monsters. Daryl was driving towards her and Glenn on his motorcycle while shooting walkers with his cross bow one handed. Walkers began all gaining on her. Mary was the only one on foot, since Glenn was in his vehice and Daryl had his motorcycle. Mary again plunged her knife into another walker's head.

She was becoming sick to her stomach with all the blood. Blood squirted all over her every time she stabbed them. She hated them. Then Daryl and his motorcycle were right next to her. She didn't have time to realize Daryl was actually picking her up and throwing her on the back of his bike all the while screaming about how reckless and stupid she was to wait this long to leave. She didn't care though. She was in to much of a shock. She killed today.

She had something she never wanted; some one elses blood on her hands. It didn't matter who she killed, in the back of her mind she had the terrifying satisfactory of stabbing them in the head. Mary ever since then maintained her humanity, but she felt at that instint it was gone. Daryl drove off the farm following Glenn and his truck. Mary leaned her head against Daryl's back trying to squeeze her eyes tight enough, trying to convince herself that it was all just a bad dream.

"It's alright, Mary." Daryl said to her.

Wake up, Mary. Wake up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe!~

DO IT!!!

*cough, cough* I mean, uh...please?

~K :3