Woman

Godfather

The girl cries her heart out. The door slams open. Her Godfather stands there smiling.

"Don't be sad. You'll be a good bride to my son." He says in a sorry attempt to ease her fears.

Her screams escape her.


"Don't be nervous love, you've got a good chance to make him happy with that pretty face. You're father and mother would be proud."

He guides her down the stairs of her childhood home. Her parents gone and her only hope at happiness according to this guardian of hers.

"Hello Mia, you look well mate." Michael stands there, almost shyly. His robust stature and heavy set shoulders make the girl nervous and she almost steps back.

She sniffles.

He wipes the tear away and he takes her hand with his own clammy one. She stares at the floor, the hem of her blue gown just at her ankles as she had to attach more cloth to her mother's old dress. Memories surface and she wants to yell out.

She thinks it is all too quick. Barely keeping her head above water the girl's tears are for those who went back to God. Months. Only a few months ago was she okay, just okay. Now she would stand by in another building while her home would be given away just for money.

"Let's go, it's time for you to go to our new place. Today's our wedding day." Michael says.

♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe to read further.