Woman

Arthur

Elsa and I clean the mess. Once we throw the glass safely we stare out into the horizon. The long winter night gave me a restless sleep and the terrible dawning morning brings a fierce Michael galloping towards the Milton's home.

"Mia, we can get you to another town. There's still a bit of time." Elsa holds my arms as I stare at my overly dramatic and fat doom.

"Elsa, you know why I can't leave."

"I'll take care of him. Mrs. Rubest already promised she would care for Arthur as her own."

"Elsa, but I want to raise my baby. He barely knows me. My baby can already walk and he'll see his own mother as a weird cross dresser!" I scream and hold my head.

"But no, no! You always wear my dresses and a hood, he can't think that. Just think he'll see you soon."

"Mrs. Rubest said that I can visit, but you know how hard it was. I was lying to Joseph. I barely spent an entire two months with him this year." I stare at the distance.

The cold air chips at my eyes, the wind flicks at my hair.

Elsa stands beside me almost in tears. The wind blows and swipes the drops from her face.

"Today this has to end."

I march outside to meet my identity's namesake. My child's father. My inevitable end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe for more.