Status: Keep or Delete?

Battle Field

Pandia and Aetes

At some point I had passed out. Under all of the stress and terror of them literally dragging me to their destination I must have fainted. As embarrassing as that was to me I couldn’t help but be thankful that I had passed out. Not only did it give me some of the rest that I needed, but it also gave me time to think about what I was going to do. How could I get away from these people, now that I knew how to change back into my human form I could live among humans again. Maybe I could figure out how to finish school, get a job and live on my own for once. I need to get out of here first though.

I awoke on a cold cement floor. My feet shackled to a cold metal chain that barred me to a cement wall. Naked as the day I was born and shaking from the cold I continued to lay against the floor. Trying to collect myself, desperately trying to figure out how I got here. If those people were trying to ‘save me’ then why was I shackled here?

Adjusting to my surroundings I found myself in what seemed to be a jail cell. It was small, about the size of a small broom closet. I had just enough room to lay down and roll over once on each side. The door was silver plated steel that had a window of bars on the top of it so guards could see in. There was a greenish murky light that hung over my head on a ceiling that was at least thirteen feet tall, and at the top of that ceiling was another small barred window. Mud dripped trough that window…at least I hope it was mud. The thoughts of it being something else made me shudder even more. White flakes also seeped through those bars, snow. Something that I had never personally seen. Having lived in Florida my entire life snow was not something that occurred. How far away from home was I now? How long have I been running away from home? Most importantly, what was I running to?

‘Him.’ The voice in my head whispered sweetly.

Groaning to myself I rolled over on the cold floor, curling into a ball and leaning against where the two walls met. Who was he? Why did this voice want to reach him so badly? My foot tugged against the heavy chain, bringing my legs close to my chest and resting my head against my bruised knees. There was obviously a reason why I was here, but what was that reason? Knowing that the voice in my head held every answer was so frustrating, she was keeping me in the dark.

‘Why do you call me, The Voice?’ She questioned, startling me. She never spoke this clearly, she never asked questions. Honestly, she only ever appeared out of spite.

“Because that’s what you are.” I whispered quietly. Unsure if anyone else was in hearing distance. The last thing I needed was to have someone like my mother burst in and demand that I was crazy. They would lo-…lock me up. Well there you go, I have nothing to loose anymore. The realization that my freedom was taken from me already yet again hit me like a ton of bricks. I am chained and locked up, there is no more crazy that I can be accused of. Who could blame anyone for going crazy in these conditions.

The voice growled angrily then. “No. I am not just a voice!” She was screaming so loudly now that I cringed. Covering my ears with my palms in hopes that it would cure that ache in my skull that was beginning. It did not dawn on me that I was trying to shield myself from something that was actually inside of my head. “I am your wolf, Avery. You’d do best to remember that. I own half of your body! Half of your useless, weak, pathetic human life!”

She was right. For the rest of my life I would be sharing this body with her. I was half wolf now, even though I loved the freedom of that I half expected that she was the reason behind it. How is it that I was not born to another person like this, how could I be a human one moment and a werewolf the next? Its not like I was attacked by a wolf and bitten like in the stories, I did not have some crazy witch place a curse on me as far as I know of. I just changed, I am changed now. I am no longer a simple human, I am part wolf.

“Why?” I hummed. She could at least tell me that.

‘Because you are part of me, and because of who we are you could not accept me. It would have been to dangerous for a small child to take.’ She hissed angrily, her voice like a snake in my ear. Whimpering quietly to myself I pressed my forehead against the cold wall. Hoping it would sooth the pain of her yelling at me. Even though I still thought I was somewhat crazy it still wounded me to have her argue with me. I felt attached to her on some supernatural level.

“What are you talking about?” Who was I? Who was she? How could I be much more then just a girl? Or a werewolf for that matter? All of my life I have been nothing but plain and average, yet now there was this insane voice telling me that I was more?

She chuckled softly, seeming to calm down somewhat. ‘You and I are much more then we seem, Avery. We are the daughter of the one thing that all werewolves worship, we are the daughter of Selene, the Moon Goddess.’

I froze then, questioning everything she had just told me. That’s it, that clears up everything, I am crazy. “Selene is a Greek myth, a child’s tale that a society got to caught up in.” I hissed at her. She is trying to tell me that my mother is a Greek god? The goddess of the moon no less?!

She laughed at me again, her voice sounding like angel bells in my ears. It was soothing, calming. ‘Yes, Avery. You are the reincarnation of Pandia, daughter of Zeus and Selene.’

I cringed, if she was telling the truth then she had more plans then I could ever hope to achieve for me. “You are insane.”

‘Says the girl who is talking to a voice inside her head.’ She snapped. ‘I shouldn’t be surprised though, Technically you are not the reincarnation, I am. No matter though, all I have to do is find my…our mate. Then we will get our revenge, assuming my ate is still alive in some human’s body.’

I was so confused at this point that I could barely stand it. She keeps blabbering on that I don’t know what to do with all of the information that she was spouting. “What are you talking about?”

‘Quiet!’ She hissed.

The sound of a door opening echoed through the building that I was being housed in. My eyes shot to the barred window on that door. Waiting for someone to appear. With every step they took a set of keys jingled, knocking against their hip. They were still a considerable amount of distance away, but they were coming on fast. A certain aura enveloped them as they neared my cell, a powerful aura something that told me to run or possibly hide. Sadly this small room prevented it. They paused for a second, stopping dead in their tracks and gasping slightly. That’s when a smell hit me, a soothing vanilla mint sent. Something that made my mouth fill with water and my nostrils flair.

‘Holy shit.’ The voice whispered then, so she smelt it to? ‘Change!’ She demanded harshly, seeming to claw at my brain and beg me to allow my wolf out. So I tried, only to feel a burning tug at my ankle when it started to take form of a wolf’s paw. It shocked me and sent a desperate cry from my dry lips. Whatever these chains were that bound me here kept me from doing much of anything towards my wolf self. ‘He’s here.’

The person began running towards my cell then. My heart pounded against my chest heavily as the scent became more evident. Oh my god he smelled like heaven, it drew me to him. Before I knew what was happening his golden eyes were staring at me through the bars, his pupils large and black. If I had read up on werewolves right, that meant that the wolf part of him had taken over his human body.

“Pandia?” He questioned roughly, a force in his voice that made my heart tremble. I didn’t know what to do, know two people…or voices have demanded that I was this Pandia, what this the mate that she was talking about? The one that she needed to find? If that was the case then why was I feeling such an attraction towards him. His golden eyes-which were all that I could see- were a force that was dragging me kicking and screaming into him.

Before I could answer him he had unlocked the door to the cell that I was curled up in. Slamming the door open so hard that it shook the frame he entered the cell, kneeling down in from of me and gripping my chin with such force that I feared that it would leave bruises. My body trembled in his touch, but it wasn’t a tremble of fear it was a tremble of content. I felt a strong spark of electricity when he touched me, all of my senses came alive and all I wanted to do was get closer to him.

His face was well sculpted. A strong, prominent jaw and a thin nose. His eyes sank lightly in mid length cheek bones and lips that only begged to be kissed. His thick black hair piled messily upon his head. Last but not least a bare chest, buff and strong. Biceps, abs, and that oh so beautiful v that pointed right to his…well you get the picture.

He shoved me back then, slamming me against the well. Shocking me. I had been so content in his fingers, I had felt like nothing could hurt me. That I was finally safe if this world full of vicious wolves. Yet here he was, the first one to actually slam me against the wall, the first of the beatings that I had feared would happen. What did the voice in my head want with this person?

“Six hundred years!” He boomed, standing straight up. Stomping his foot angrily. For the first time ever the voice in my head whimpered out of sadness. “Six hundred years I have been searching for you! Jumping from human to human, never finding you! You know, I have had to go through everything to find you!”

Before I knew what was happening I was dragged into the back of my head, the voice literally taking over my body, I was now the voice trapped inside my head. My wolf had taken over me.

“I have been looking for you as well, Aetes.” She purred to him, forcing herself to stand up and look at him head on. He was a towering six foot to my five foot two frame. I literally have to tilt my head back to look at him. “Unfortunately, this is the first body in a long time that I have found that would actually accept the change into a werewolf, most likely because it is the reincarnation of myself.”

He chuckled deeply then, the sound of it bellowing inside of his chest. The wolf that had taken over my body-of more like my wolf that had taken over my body- smiled at him, she loved the sound. So did I. “I see this,” He brought his hand up and stroked my cheek softly. “you look just like the days I first set eyes on you in ancient Greece, myself on the other has had to make due with this body.”

My wolf was in complete control of my body now, she raised her own hand to stroke his cheek. “It’s beautiful, but how did you obtain the son of an Alpha as your vessel?”

Aetes’ chuckled once more. “This boy was the bastard child of a human and wolf. He had no wolf, and I gave him one. No matter, he seems to fancy you as much as I do. Which is good, and now that I have found you we can get started.”

She smiled again, pulling him into her arms and nuzzling her face into his smooth chest. Even I could feel that as I was drowned in the back of my skull, he was warm and inviting. “Let’s get our revenge.”

There was a tug then, not a real tug but an emotional one. If focused itself in the center of my heard and swirled around until it dragged me into a devastating flashback from another life.

~Flashback~ Rome 264 B.C.

“Aetes?!”

I cried desperately, rushing down the root covered trail. The glow of my mother’s moon guiding my way through the forest towards my lover. He was hurt, I could feel it in my heart and soul. Something was killing him, killing my human. The one man that I had set my life on the line for, I had given up immortality for this mortal and now I was going to loose him.

His cries filled my ears and I rushed to him. His desperate pleas for someone to save him. I cannot loose the one thing I hold dear in my life. Who would do such a thing, why must something take away him?

I came upon them then. A wolf, my lover, and a god. Hades stood over Aetes, watching him being ripped apart by this wolf that he had summoned himself. Was this all because of my friendship to Persephone? He would not drag me to the underworld to become best friends with a woman who resented me for the man I loved. He could not punish me for throwing out a friendship with a woman who literally spat in my face when I gave up my life for Aetes.

“Stop!” I scream desperately.

Rushing over to the wolf and crashing my body into it. Hearing Aetes cry out in pain as its fangs ripped from his beautiful tan flesh. I was thrown to the side, feeling the claws of the creature start to tare into me. Thunder rumbled throughout the sky as my father, Zeus, watched the massacre from above. Would he be the one to end this? Or would he watch as his daughter-who left the world of the gods- be ripped to shreds. A piercing scream lifted from my chest as the claws came crashing down on top of my breast, ripping skin off from bone. Pain erupted through my body, how long did Aetes endure this before I showed up? I was more then willing to take this pain from him, please just let him live. Don’t let Hades’ sentence him to a life of hell.

“Give up Pandia,” Hades laughed madly, crunching over leaves and debris. “You will come to the underworld when you die, and then my Persephone will have her fun with you. She does get whatever she wants you know.” He snapped his fingers and the wolf vanished, leaving me gasping for breath against the dirt floor of the forest. As a god that wolf would’ve been nothing to me, but as a human it was everything. “I’ll be waiting, daughter of the moon.” His loud laughs filled the air as he disappeared into a cloud of gray smoke. Leaving us to our deaths.

Through my pain I forced myself to rolled over, using every inch of strength to drag myself over to my lover. Aetes lay on the ground, reaching for me, a blank dull stare in his once lovely golden eyes. Tears rushing out of them at a speed that I did not know possible, “ I failed you.” He gasped weakly, his chest pumping in breath as fast as he could get it. He would not survive long.

“No, you were worth every second.” I promised, collapsing when I made it far enough to rest my hand in his. It was cold, lifeless. The hand of someone who had given up, I had lost the man I was so dearly in love with. In the end, I had given him everything I could’ve possibly given. I gave him my life.

~end of flashback~

I awoke then, myself. The wolf was no longer in control of my mind and body, she was content in the back of my brain. I was once again Avery, a weak girl that was stuck in the beginning stages of becoming a werewolf. No longer chained to a cell wall i found myself resting in someone’s bed. There sat the man from before, except now he was in change of his own body, his wolf tucked far away just like mine was. He watched me carefully, debating what I was going to do. I just stared at him, taking in the loose white v neck he had on, and the hole covered blue jeans. He sat cross legged in a computer chair next to the bed, tapping his fingers on his knee. Looking down at myself I found I was now wearing a light pink sundress, and bandages covering most of the small cuts that had been inflicted during the chase.

“My name is Ryder.” He suddenly spoke up, catching my attention. I looked back up at him, meeting our eyes together. That simple act had butterflies roaming around in my stomach. “It seems as though we have a bit of a issue. Our wolves are Pandia and Aetes, we are the reincarnations of the first werewolves ever to exist.”

I groaned then, realizing that for myself now. “Here I thought changing into a werewolf was my biggest problem.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Idk...good not good? Yes no maybe?

Merry Christmas everyone, please tell me what you think