Status: Keep or Delete?

Battle Field

Close Call

Before I knew what was happening Ryder’s smooth lips were grazing over my throat. Just the feeling of his breath had me over the edge day dreaming about doing other things to him that I shouldn’t even know how to do. I dare say that the voice inside my head had seriously planted some dirty images in my brain. Ryder lips grazed over the right side of my neck, gently nibbling over the pale skin. When his teeth ran over the spot where my neck met my jaw I let out a soft moan. It was an unexpected moan, I had not realized there was one building inside of my throat.

Ryder’s lips pulled into a smile against my skin, and I actually felt something twitch against my middle. Oh shit… “Do that again.” He hummed.

My heart began to pound roughly against my rib cage, to the point where I was scared that Ryder may be able to hear it. I had not been kidding when I had told him I had never been with another man. The wolf that now shared my body with me was ecstatic that this was happening, but the human girl inside of me was quickly growing terrified.

Ryder nibbled against that spot again, another unwelcome moan. Pandia-my wolf-was quickly taking over, and I the grip that Ryder had on my hips had signified that his wolf was growing more prominent as well. Panic set in, but my nails still found a way to scratch against the back of his neck. Again, I felt a twitch. This time, I was not the one to moan, and god that was such a turn on. Even I know that much. Before I knew what was happening Ryder had his hand gripping my chin, pushing it back roughly so he could get a better angle on my neck. That I started to feel him bite down onto it painfully, not yet enough to break the skin.

“Ryder!” I didn’t know what he was doing, but I knew that if he continued he was going to break through my skin and find himself with a mouth full of blood.

The voice in my head started purring loudly, and she was clawing to take over my body once more. Through her power my legs tightened around him, pulling myself closer and feeling his finger nails dig into the skin on my hips. The wolf side of me purred move, this time out loud. Ryder’s lips left my neck for a couple seconds, just to let out a soft moan of his own. Shit.

His lips latched onto my neck again, hovering over it in a position that meant he was going to bite down soon if his wolf took over. For some reason I knew that would be a bad thing, and that I didn’t want it. Something was telling me to get off him and run, but it was certainly not the voice inside of my head. She wanted him to bite, she wanted all of this.

‘Let him take us.’ She sang happily, still clawing at my brain, trying to drag me into my subconscious. I would not let that happen, this body was not loosing its virginity just because she found the person who took hers.

“No!” I cried out loud on accident, it was mean just for her.

Either way it snapped Ryder out of it and he jerked away from the refrigerator that I had been using for support. With only my legs around his waist to hold me if I found myself falling backwards off from him and toppling in a heap onto the floor. My heart pounded loudly in my head, the blood rushing quickly to my brain. It was all I could hear, for once I couldn’t even hear her. It was almost peaceful in a way, soothing.

Ryder was suddenly snapping at me with his fingers to get my attention. I realized he was kneeling in front of me, helping me sit up on the oak flooring. “I’m sorry.” He repeated over and over again, pushing my now wild hair out of my face and leaning me against the cupboards to keep me from lying back down on the cool flooring.

Looking up at his comforting golden eyes I snapped out of my delusion and focused back in on now. Ryder’s beautiful face was filled with regret and he almost seemed to be panicking as much as I was. “It’s okay, Ryder.” I promised, leaning into his white v-neck shirt and burring my face against his chest. For some reason his scent seemed to calm me down. It was like I was being drowned in an envelope of vanilla, and all my worry seemed to vanish.

“No it is not.” He growled, wrapping his strong arms around me and resting his chin against my brilliant red hair. He honestly seemed more shaken then I was. “I almost marked you.”

My body began to shake in his arms, I am almost let him have sex with me! Ryder was going to have sex! WITH ME! No one has ever wanted this, being a werewolf is so much different then being a human. I don’t know if I can handle it. “I’m sorry.” I whispered shakily, wrapping my arms around his back and squishing my face tighter against his chest.

He hushed me gently, loosening my hold on him as he began to pet the back of my head. How was he being so cool about this? I just screamed at him to stop a steamy hot chance to lay me in bed. “Why are you sorry, Avery?”

I felt tears weld up in my eyes, would I ever be someone that he wanted. I mean if he thinks I am going to screw him on the first night…which I almost did, oh lord… “I’m sorry that you-…that I am to scared to have…um…um…um-” I rambled on until he was able to finish the sentence for me, pulling away from him and curling into a ball I nodded when he got the hint.

“Sex?”

I sniffled back some tears and rested my head against my knees. I will never be something that he wants ever again. “Its just…I don’t want my first time to be taken by her.”

Ryder would know I was talking about the voice in my head, or he should know at least. That was honestly my fear though. Pandia could take over my body whenever she wanted, she can do whatever she wants with it. I want this, and I want it to be all mine. Just that first time, even if it wasn’t with Ryder…which I am assuming it is going to be, I want it to just be me and him. No wolves, it anything can be normal I want it to be that.

“Oh, Avery…” He hummed gently, scooting a crossed the floor to force me to look at his face. That gorgeous face. His beautifully sculpted cheek bones, that perfectly placed nose…STOP, I need to pay attention. He smiled at the fact that I was looking at him in such a longing away, thankfully he just waited for me. “I won’t let them take that from you.” Leaning forward he place a soft, intimate kiss on the tip of my nose. I suppressed a giggle and shook it off. “Although you have a lot to learn, marking you is not sex.”

My face turned a deep crimson red with blush. Oh god, I have screwed this up major. “What?” I whispered, clearly horrified that I had made the mistake. What made it worse what that he let me make the mistake, he let me babble on about it. Ah, I have already made a fool of myself in front of this poor boy. He is going to hate having me as a mate.

He chuckled and took my hands in his, pulling up off from the floor. Still shaken by this experience he had to lead me to the couch in the living room, it was embarrassing to admit that I had already forgotten the way. That small walk allowed me to focus more on the house though. I was granted the opportunity to see a couple pictures that hung on his walls. One was oh him and an older looking woman who sat in a wheel chair, Ryder was leaned down and kissing her cheek. They seemed to been in a hospital, and from the looks of it the woman would not have made it for a long time after that. The next picture I view sported Ryder and the man that had captured me in the wolfs, of course I should say that he saved me. They were laughing at the camera, sitting in front of a huge flat screen TV playing some sort of video game.

“Whose is that?” I hummed, pointing to the photo.

Ryder stopped, turning back to me to be able to look at the wall where the photograph hung. Smiling at the picture he seemed to be taken back to the memory. It took him a few minutes to respond to me, but I couldn’t have cared less. To be honest I was still marveling at him, he always seemed to find a new way to make my heart flutter when ever he had the chance to.

Looking back at me with a pearly white flashing smile he answered my question. “That is Jessie. He is my best friend, and the beta of this pack.” Ryder brought his hand up to my cheek, softly stroking my cheek bone. “He’s the one who found you, Avery. He saved you and brought you to me.”

Memories of being lost filled my head once more. How long had I been out there? It felt like forever, at the least I had been out there for a month. I remember being so hungry, so scared. Where would I be right now if Jessie had not had them hunt me down? By the looks of my skinny body I would probably be either dead or dying. I wonder how they tricked me into going to that lake. Was it a trick, or had they tracked me and been behind me the whole time? It was a fact that my brain had not been working to its full potential, I was to dehydrated for that.

Ryder began to drag me towards the living room once more, not waiting for me to ask him any more questions about the pictures. He seemed to be avoiding giving me time to ask about the other picture. So because of that I didn’t ask. That lady was probably someone very close to him, and he didn’t want to talk about it. Maybe she was dead, or maybe she wasn’t in his life anymore. I didn’t want to worry about it, and if it made him uncomfortable to talk about it then I wouldn’t make him.

When we reached the living room he tugged me over to the tan over stuffed sofas. I flopped down onto once of them and pulled a pillow to my chest, hugging it close. Ryder curled up on the other end of the couch and smiled over at me. Taking a few seconds to look me over, check me out if you want to put it that way. Blush creeped onto my cheeks when he looked at me in that way, and I buried my face in the pillow trying not to let an embarrassed giggle escape my lips.

I felt his hands on the pillow I was hugging against my chest and he tugged it away from me, leaving me with a goofy grin plastered onto my face. Ryder lean forward and pulled me to him, tucking me against his warm inviting side. I felt at home in it, like nothing would ever hurt me. Not only did he smell wonderful but he was gentle and caring, I don’t think it will ever be trouble to have him as a mate. I am already falling in love with him, he is everything I ever wanted plus some.

He spoke softly to me then, it was beautiful to hear his deep voice sound like angel’s gliding through the room. “Don’t hide from me, Avery. You are beautiful.”

The smile on my face grew ten times larger, I don’t think I have ever smiled so big. Thankfully he couldn’t see my face, that would be terribly awkward. No man had ever called me beautiful, no man has ever even taken a second look at me. Up until now I had always believed that I was ugly, never good enough for anyone. For some reason Ryder made me feel beautiful, I barely felt self conscious around him. Honestly, I just cared what he thought about me now.

I tucked my face against his neck, nuzzling close to it. The need to get closer to him erupted around my body, god what was wrong with me today? “Hm, so what is that marking thing that you were talking about earlier?”

Closing my eyes I just listened to him talk, I loved feeling the rumble that his voice made inside his body. It tickled my chin as it rested on his shoulder, sent butterflies into my heart. “It means that after I bite you on your neck it leaves a mark. Like a permanent scar, an indentation of my teeth. It infuses that scent that you smell when you are around me into your skin, it tells other male wolves that you are taken. That you are mine.”

I liked the sounds of that for some reason. That made Pandia purr as well. She wanted him to do it just as much as I wanted him to, the only difference was that she wanted Aetes to do it. She did hold minor feelings for Ryder as well, but I think that was just the mating bond talking. Her true love was Aetes, and it has been that way for many years. Of course, without Aetes and Pandia we wouldn’t be in love either. I would still be a human and so would Ryder. We would’ve never met, we would’ve never been mates.

“Why would it matter though? Wouldn’t the other wolves have mates to?” I whispered softly, trying to keep the conversation going.

Ryder nodded then, starting to draw soothing circles on my back. “Yes, they do. It is more like a position thing, wolves don’t like to share and they like the world to know what is there. Plus, sometimes a wolf doesn’t find a mate, and they will try to find love on their one. The mark tells then that they cannot have what is mine.”

That made sense to me. I could understand his need to make the world know that I was his. Honestly I felt that around him as well, yet I still don’t understand why. Being a werewolf was so much different from being a human. Can you imagine being fated to someone since birth? Having to love them unconditionally just because the gods said so? So far it was amazing. Any look that he gave me had my heart beat soaring, and my body swooning. He was amazing, and there seemed to be nothing he could do that would ever tell me otherwise. I wondered if he was feeling the same feelings that I was. Did he feel his heart racing every time I looked at him? Or was I the only one? A foolish little girl that was falling hopelessly in love for no reason, just plain dumb.

The rest of the day was spent on that couch. Ryder answered all of the questions I had and I answered the ones he had. Of course it took us quite a while to make it through them. It seemed as though every time we got deep into a conversation his phone would ring and he would have to talk to someone about something that was happening in the pack. Even after he hung up the phone I found random people walking into the living room to talk to him. That had been quite embarrassing to me, they normally would bow and address the both of us as Alpha and Luna. Ryder found it quite amusing how when they did that a deep red blush would appear onto my cheeks and I normally tried to hide in his side. At one point we had even been interrupted during one of those wonderful kisses, that was the worst. By the looks of it I was going to crawl into a sealed bedroom and hide from these people before I made to much of a fool of myself. Could I handle being this pack’s Luna? It was going to be hard enough learning how to deal with life as a werewolf, how I could to run a pack?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please...tell me what you guys think :)

DON'T BE A SILENT READER!