Haunted

one

February 6, 2011; 3:05 P.M. Central Time

The wind outside whistled through the car window, driving my nerves up the wall. I was tired and frustrated. It was, thank God, Friday. The only good thing I had left to look forward to this week. Jackson Wesley had been nothing but a pest, a persistent adorable pest.

You might've said: Sonny, how can that be? This was how: Jackson Wesley was beautiful. I had always imagined myself being at least friends with him when he moved to Racine. I was lucky because his last class was French, and he chose the seat in front of me. He winked at me before sitting down, and turning to face me. The class was about to end so, I figured why not?

"You're cute, cuter than most girls in this class," was the first sentence Jackson had ever said to me. I blushed, being the goober I am and returned a flirtatious smile.

"Thanks," was all I managed to get out of my mouth. No "You're cute, too," or "Want my number?" Just a simple thanks. I regretted it at the moment until Jackson laughed.

"You got a name?"

"Sonny."

Jackson's eyebrows furrowed. "Isn't that a -"

"Yes, it's a guy's name. But I embrace it, so take me or leave me. The ball's in your court, sir."

"Sir is my father. Call me Jackson." A pale hand was placed in front of me. I placed my hand in his, shook it, and placed my hand back on my lap. I slumped forward, shivering a little. It was below zero both out and inside. Winter in Racine had no remorse.

"Will do." I smiled when the bell for school to end rang. I was usually awkwardly antisocial, but I felt I could be myself with Jackson.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is a rewrite of the original Haunted. Enjoy :)