My Goal Is to Deny Yours

Two

"So let me get this straight you skated into the the boards because of a pretty girl?" I said laughing with raised eyebrows.
"I was only thirteen." He argued and I just laughed more.
"Yeah sure that probably happened last month." I chuckled
"Okay you call my mom and ask her. She video taped it." He laughed
"Are you freakin serious!" I said while laughing hysterically.
"No joke." He smiled and yawned.
"I better take you back to your hotel. You old people get tired a lot easier." I teased.
"I'm only twenty-six! Wait, I thought you were twenty-six too?" He said confused.
"I'm twenty-three" I said and left Johnny a rather large tip and we walked out to the Rover.
"That's only three years younger than me so how am I old?" He asked
"You're closer to thirty." I smirked
"I'm just more mature." He said while sticking his tongue out.
"Yeah, real mature" I said and we talked the rest of the way until we got to his hotel.
"Well I guess this is goodbye." I said sadly
"Give me your phone." He said and I handed him my iPhone 5s. He typed his number in and then handed me his and I did the same.
"I had fun tonight. It's nice to just talk to a girl who really loves hockey." He said and I noticed that he was leaning in and I then started to do the same. Seconds later our lips touched and I instantly felt a spark. We pulled away and smiled at each other.
"Bye Sid." I whispered
"Bye Rach." He smiled and got out of the Range Rover. I sat in the parked SUV for a few minutes and thought about what just happened. I smiled and then drove home.

Sidney's POV
As I was in the elevator I untied my tie and took off my suit jacket then leaned back against the wall of the elevator with a smile on my face. I fell for her. I just couldn't resist her. She had deep blue eyes paired with straight dark brown hair. She had a curvy body with long toned legs. My god those legs, they were perfectly tanned from the summer sun and they looked even longer in those heels. Then there was her loud yet funny personality. I was surprised that she didn't have a boyfriend since she was so perfect. I walked into the hotel room that I shared with Duper and I saw that Geno and him were talking.
"Well, well, well, if it isn't lover boy" Duper teased obviously learning about the situation from Geno.
"Shut up asshole." I smiled
"You get lucky?" Geno teased with a smirk.
"No..... I kissed her though." I smiled
"WHAT?!" Duper and Geno yelled.
"I kissed her." I repeated
"I thought you guys only friends!" Geno said
"Uh I'm not exactly sure what we are." I said while rubbing the back of my neck.
"Sid," Duper sighed "you do realize that she's a rival and the media's just going to eat that up and make you both look bad? And then there's Martin who's VERY protective of his only daughter."
"I never thought about that." I sighed
"You fucked" Geno said with his broken English
"I know" I sighed and rubbed my face with my hand.
"What are you going to do?" Duper asked.
"Pascal, you don't know how much I like her. I've never felt this way before and it scares me. I know I want to be with her but like you said I don't want the media making us both look bad and I'm afraid of what Martin will say." I said and ran my fingers through my short hair frustratedly.
"Could be with her. Keep secret make secret visits." Geno said
"Geno you're a genius!" I said with a smile.
"That's risky Sid" Duper warned
"I know but I just have to be with her. I think I'm in love." I admitted and Geno and Duper just stared at me.

Rachael's POV
I pulled in the driveway and cut the engine of the Rover. I walked into the house trying to be as quiet as possible trying not to wake my dad, Genevieve, or my two little brothers. I walked up to my bedroom and walked into the attached bathroom. I got a shower and then dressed in my pajamas and climbed into bed. I pulled the blanket up to my chin and fell asleep thinking about Sidney.

The next morning I woke up and walked downstairs with a headache and was as tired as ever.
"Morning Rachael." Genevieve smiled at me.
"Morning." I groaned and got some Advil out of the cabinet an got myself a glass of orange juice.
"Hangover?" She laughed
"Actually no. I only had two beers last night."'I said while rubbing my temples. Then my three younger brothers walked downstairs arguing over something stupid.
"The hardest person to save a goal against would be Crosby, not Seguin!" My 18 year old brother Anthony argued.
"Think about it, Seguin might not be the face of the NHL but he's a good shot." My 14 year old brother Jeremy argued.
"I'd have to go with Jaromir. He has a lot of years in the NHL and he knows how to put the puck in the goal in difficult situations." Jeremy's twin brother William said.
"Crosby's not easy to block," I started "Letang, Malkin, and Neal aren't either." I said and took a gulp of my orange juice.
"What about Jaromir?" William asked
"Hell no. He always gets the puck past me." I said
"Ha!" Anthony and William said to Jeremy.
"I don't know what Seguin's like you'll have to ask dad about that one."
"What are you gonna ask me?" My dad said while walking down the stairs.
"Is Tyler Seguin's shot easy to block?" Jeremy asked.
"It's not the easiest." My dad replied and went and kissed Genevieve on the cheek. I then walked upstairs to my room and heard my phone start to ring.
"Where's my god damn phone?" I muttered to myself and found it under my bed.
"Hello?" I answered without even looking at the caller ID.
"Hey." I heard Sidney's voice through the phone.
"Hey Sid" I said while smiling.
"Listen about that kiss last night" he sighed. "I really like you Rachael, I really do but if the media find out about this they're going to make us both look bad. I was thinking that maybe we could be together but we keep it a secret." He said.
"I really like you too Sid, don't get me wrong, but what happens if we do keep this a secret? How are we even going to keep this a secret?" I asked
"Well I can visit you in New Jersey or you can visit my in Pittsburgh." He suggested.
"That might work." I smiled
"I was hoping you'd say that." He said and I could just imagine the smile on his face.
"I gotta go Sid, I'll talk to you later." I smiled.
"Okay, bye Rach." Sid said.
"Bye Sid." I said with a smile and then hung up. I then got a shower and got dressed in jeans and a Hollister sweater. I then walked downstairs and saw Genevieve holding my 4 year old half brother Maxime.
"Hi midget." I said while smiling at him.
"Wachael!" He said excitedly and I laughed
"Awwww come here." I said and he crawled from Genevieve's arms to mine.
"You're really cute you know that." I said and kissed his cheek.
"I know." Maxime smiled proudly while I laughed.
"Hey Genevieve?" I asked
"Yeah?" She said
"Can you help me look for a house?" I asked
"Absolutely." She smiled. "The boys are going to miss you though." She said motioning to Maxime who had fallen asleep in my arms.
"I'm gonna miss them too but I don't want to live off you and dad anymore." I said.
"Okay. Do you want to start looking tomorrow then?" She asked.
"Yeah since I don't have practice." I said.
"Okay." She replied.
"I'm gonna go put sleepy head in his room." I said
"Thanks." Genevieve smiled. I walked upstairs and tucked Max in bed and thought about mine and Sidney's plan. I had to move out of here in order for it to work and I was determined to do that.