My Goal Is to Deny Yours

Three

Two weeks later I moved into my new house. It was a two story brick house with two white columns and it wasn't cheep. I walked in my door with my hockey bag on my shoulder exhausted from a grueling practice. I flopped down on my couch and dialed Sidney's number.
"Hello?" He said
"Hey Sid" I smiled
"I miss you."
"I miss you too. You should come visit. I just moved into my new house yesterday." I suggested since I hadn't seen him since the night we met.
"How about we shoot for tomorrow?" He asked.
"Sounds good Sid see you tomorrow." I smiled
"I can't wait to see you." He said.
"Me either I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled
"Okay."
"Bye Sid."
"Bye Rach." He said and I was about to hang up when he shouted "Wait!"
"Yes Sid?"
"I love you." He said and a wide grin spread across my face.
"I love you too Sid." I said and then hung up. I laid back on the couch and looked at the ceiling thinking about Sidney.

Sidney's POV
I finally told her I loved her and she loved me back. I smiled and jogged up to my room to start packing for tomorrow. Maybe I should surprise her and drive to Newark today. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was only one o'clock. I packed my things and got in my Range Rover and started the trip to Newark to see the girl I loved.

Rachael's POV
Not five minutes after I ended my call with Sid I heard a knock on the door and groaned. I got up and walked slowly over to the door since I was sore from practice. I opened the door to see Anthony.
"Hey Anthony, what are you doing here?" I asked
"What, I can't visit my older sister?" He asked and walked in the house.
"Not tomorrow I'm gonna be busy." I said.
"Oh. Quick question." He said
"Yeah?" I asked while sinking into the couch when I sat down while Anthony took a seat across from me on the love seat.
"Why did you move out? And don't say you don't want to live off Genevieve an dad anymore." He said. Dammit this kid was smart.
"You want the truth?" I asked while sighing
"Yeah." He replied.
"You remember when we played the Pens?"
"What do they have to do with anything?" He asked confused.
"Let me finish. That night after the game I was talking to Sid and Geno and I invited them to celebrate my shut out but Geno couldn't go so it was just me and Sid. We went to Johnny's and we talked for hours. And then I drove him to his hotel and before he got out of the Rover he kissed me. Long story short we're secretly dating and he's coming to visit me. I had to move out of the house." I finished.
"Woah, woah, woah, does dad know about this?" Anthony asked
"No" I replied with my head down.
"So your gonna secretly going to date the face of the NHL? " he asked
"Yeah." I sighed.
"Wow." Anthony said.
"Promise you won't tell dad or Genevieve?" I pleaded.
"Promise." He said.
"Thanks Anthony." I said with a small smile.
"Well I better get back home." He sighed.
"Bye Anthony." I said standing up giving him a hug and he walked out my front door.

Anthony's POV
I drove a mile away from Rachael's house and pulled out my phone.
"Hi honey." My mom answered.
"Hi mom." I said
"What's wrong?" She asked picking up that something was wrong.
"It's Rachael. You know Sidney Crosby? Ya know, captain of the Pens, the Devils rivals?" I asked
"Yeah?" She replied.
"Rachael's dating him and she didn't tell dad or anyone." I sighed
"Maybe I should talk to her. Do they have a game against them soon?" She asked
"Monday in Newark." I said
"Okay I'll be there. I need to fix things between us." She sighed.
"Okay see you there mom." I said
"Bye sweetie."
"Bye." I said and hung up. Rachael was going to be pissed that mom was coming but it's for the best.

Rachael's POV
It was about seven o'clock when I heard a know on my door.
"Who the hell is that." I muttered and walked towards to door and opened it.
"Surprise." Sidney said standing there with a big smile.
"SIDNEY!!!!!!" I screamed and jumped into his arms.
"Hi." He laughed and set me on the ground.
"Ahem, I think you're forgetting something." I said puckering my lips. He laughed then put his plump lips on mine and I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"I missed that." He said with our foreheads touching.
"Mmmmm" I replied and finally let him walk through the door.
"I like the house." He said while looking around.
"Genevieve helped me pick it out." I said and gave him a hug while inhaled his intoxicating sent.
"I'm so sore." Sidney sighed
"From practice?" I asked.
"Yeah"
"So am I. I swear my legs are going to fall off." I yawned.
"Let's go to sleep." Sidney said.
"Watch a movie first?" I said while I lead him up to my room.
"What movie?" He asked.
"I don't care as long as you're watching it with me." I smiled
"Do you realize how cheesy that sounds?" He asked
"Shut up." I laughed and went to change into my PJs then Sidney did the same.
"The Notebook? No." I said and threw the DVD case behind me. "The Last Song? No. Paranormal Activity? No." I said while throwing those behind me as well. "Scary Movie?" I asked Sidney when he came out with his PJs on.
"Original?" He asked.
"Yep." I smiled
"Okay." He said and I popped it into the DVD player and climbed into my bed with Sidney and snuggled up beside him and put my head on his chest. Within the first ten minutes we were howling with laughter and I felt the happiest I had been since my parents divorce. Two hours later the credits of the movie were rolling on the screen and Sidney had fallen asleep and was quietly snoring with his mouth slightly open. I carefully grabbed my phone off the side of the bed and snapped a picture of him. He was going to kill me but I didn't care. I then snuggled into his side even more and drifted into darkness.

The next morning I woke up to Sidney staring at me with a smile on his face.
"You realize how beautiful you are right?" He asked while his honey brown eyes looked into my crystal blue ones.
"How am I beautiful?" I asked with confusion.
"You are. You have dark hair that makes your light blue eyes pop, you have plump lips, you have an awesome body, and best of all you play hockey." He smiled and I blushed. I wasn't used to getting compliments like that from anyone and it was nice for a change.
"Have you looked in the mirror?" I asked with a smile.
"I don't see what's so great about it." He said "I'm just a normal guy."
"And that's what makes girls crazy over you. You're so down to earth. You're not like all the other assholes in the league." I said and put my head in the crook of his neck while he intertwined our fingers.
"And you're not like other girls. You're different. You're not afraid to play hockey and you understand it. And on top of that you're really attractive." He said and I smiled. I could've laid like that for hours with him but my stomach ruined the moment by growling. Sidney let out a chuckle and nuzzled my hair.