My Goal Is to Deny Yours

Six

Rachael's POV
I woke up the next morning to my mom sitting beside my bed.
"Mom?" I said groggily.
"Hi sweetie." She smiled
"I'm sorry for snapping at you yesterday I just-" I started and then she interrupted me
"Don't worry. I should've took you to those practices. I was a bad mother for that and I'm sorry." She said
"Mom, I'll still love you no matter what." I said with a smile and tears in my eyes.
"Rach....." She trailed off and got up and hugged me.
"Rachael?" I heard a distinct Russian accent ask.
"Hi Geno." I said with a smile.
"How you feel?" He asked when he walked into the room.
"I'm okay." I said and blushed. All of a sudden I saw the mysterious Sidney's head on Geno's body and I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion.
"What wrong?" He asked and I didn't see Sidney's head on Geno's body anymore.
"Geno?"I started
"Yes?" He asked
"Doesn't Sidney play center?" I asked
"Yeah." He said with a smile and looked at my mom while I nodded my head slowly. What else was he? I tried to think and I remembered that he was the captain.
"He's the captain too isn't he?" I asked
"Yes." Geno replied.
"Okay." I replied. Had I been friends with him? I just couldn't think of anything else about him. I remember meeting him two weeks ago but then it's a big gaping blank space after that. I sighed in frustration and rubbed my face with my hands.
"I'm going back to hotel now. I get Sid to visit." He said and I nodded my head.

Half and hour later my mom had left and I was alone in my room. The door then opened and Sidney poked his head in.
"You awake?" He asked and shut the door quietly behind him.
"Yeah." I said with a small smile. I took a good look at him and felt something in my chest. I knew we were at least friends but I didn't know if we were more than friends.
"I wish I could tell you about us but the doctor said that you should try to remember things on your own." He said.
"Dammit." I said and Sidney laughed.
"So when are they letting you out of here?" He asked
"Hopefully tomorrow." I sighed.
"It looks boring in here." He said looking around the room.
"It's horrible!" I yelled.
"It's your lucky day, look what I brought." He said and took out the original Scary Movie. Wait, I watched this with him before hadn't I?
"We watched this on Saturday night at my house together when you came to visit me." I said and looked at him.
"You remember?" He asked with a huge grin.
"Only that much......" I trailed off
"It's a start." He smiled "I could go for some pancakes." He said
"With whip cream." I said remembering what happened on Sunday. "Better get and extra can so we can have a whip cream fight again." I smiled and he smiled back.
"You remember that too?" He asked with his honey brown eyes wide.
"And then you dropped me on the floor." I said with a glare.
"Sorry about that." He nervously laughed and rubbed the back of his neck.
"And then you kissed me the night that we met. And then we didn't see each other for two weeks." I said.
"You remember everything." He said in disbelief.
"Now get up here and watch the movie with me like we did on Saturday." I smiled and he got up and laid back on the hospital bed with me while I snuggled into his side.
"I love you." He mumbled into my hair.
"I you and your yellow crocs too." I laughed.
"That's the one thing I was hoping that you'd forget." He chuckled and kissed my forehead and we fell asleep there together.

Pascal's POV
"Geno?" I said knocking on the connecting door to our rooms.
"Yeah?" He said when he opened the door.
"Where's Sid?" I asked
"He not come back from hospital?" Geno asked and I shook my head. "I guess I'll go find him." I said and shut the door and walked to the hospital which was only a block away. I then walked to Rachael's room and turned the handle slowly and peeked inside. I saw the two of them tangled up on her hospital bed sleeping and smiled. She must have remembered him. I took my phone out and snapped a picture of the two of them and walked out of the hospital and dialed my wife's number.
"Hello?" I heard her say.
"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I asked
"Many times Pascal." She laughed. "What brought this on?" She asked.
"You just don't know what you have until something happens to them." I said.
"I'm confused. Am I missing something?" She asked
"I'll explain when I get home. Sid's not coming back to Pittsburgh tonight with the rest of the team." I said.
"Why?" She asked
"That's part of the explanation." I said. "J' aime mon cheri" I said and hung up. I learned a lot from Rachael and Sid's relationship. Love what you have because in a matter of minutes it could be gone. I couldn't wait to get home to my beautiful wife and four kids. I smiled and arrived back to the hotel and started to pack my things for the trip back to Pittsburgh.

Sidney's POV
My eyes fluttered open to the sun shining in the hospital window. I then looked to my left and saw Rachael sleeping peacefully next to me with her legs tangled with mine while she had her head resting on my chest along with one arm draped across my mid section. I smiled and nuzzled her hair and she started to stir.
"Sidney?" She asked groggily.
"Mmm." I mumbled
"I think I'm gonna go back to Pittsburgh with you." She said. "Tell the media I'm going to see a specialist there or something." She said.
"Sounds good." I smiled sleepily and then I heard a knock on the door and quickly jumped out the bed and stood beside it.
"You can go home today Miss Broudeur." The doctor said.
"Okay thank you." Rachael smiled and the doctor walked back out. "Well it looks like we're going to Pittsburgh today." She smiled and so did I.