A Love Like War

AK

AK and Drew went to visit the tech team and immediately Drew went all geek. AK just sat back and started counting the ceiling tiles, which was way better than geek central that was going on in front of him. He never listened to what was being said in these briefings because he knew that Drew would have all the information and would repeat it fifty times. It was how they worked, even before the CIA. Drew did better in school and AK did better in "other" fields.

"AK, are you listening?" Drew asked, bringing him out of his thoughts. He looked around the room to see the same bored expressions on the other men.

"Mate, didn't Wilson tell you to not put the tech team asleep?" AK joked, getting up to see what was on the screen. Great. A history lesson. "Let's let the team do their job, shall we?"

Drew rolled his eyes but motioned for the the team to start. AK smiled, satisfied that this was finally going. He had to go to his mother's house after this and Drew boring him out of his mind just wasn't going to work. He loved the guy but he had a tendency to ramble.

The team explained the precautions they were taking. AK could see the disapproval on Drew's face and chuckled slightly before the team dismissed the two boys.

The two walked out of the room and AK checked his phone to see his mom had texted him to ask if he was still coming.

"Texting another girl, AK?" Drew teased as they walked out of the building.

"If you must know, it was my mum. I'm supposed to go over there after work," he said, typing a message to tell her that he would be there in an hour.

"Special occasion?"

AK nodded. "Devon is bringing home his fiancée."

Drew chuckled a bit and rested a hand on AK's shoulder. "I swear all of your brothers are going to get married before you do, even Blake."

"You realize Blake is twelve, right?"

Drew smiled. "Exactly my point," he said earning a playful shove from the blonde.

"Whatever you say, mate. I've got to get going," he called, getting in his car.

AK started to his parents house and sighed. He couldn't shake what Drew said. Would he really not get married? For the first half of his life, he wasn't keen on marriage when his biological parents split but after he was adopted at thirteen by his current parents, he hoped to have it one day. He loved his bachelor lifestyle but now his younger brother was getting married and the older two already had wives.

AK got to his parents house and entered, hearing laughter in the other room. He walked to the kitchen to see his parents and his older brothers with their wives.

"AK, I'm glad you made it. I thought you were going to be gone on business," his mom said, engulfing him in a hug.

He smiled and let go of his mom. "Plans change."

AK said his greetings to his older brothers, Chase and Cole and their wives before looking around for a second. "Hey mum, where's Blake?"

"In his room," she said and he headed upstairs.

AK had always been attached to Blake even though he was a lot younger. Blake was the only kid that truly came after AK because Blake was adopted about a year after him, making Blake the fifth of the Gentry boys. He didn't fit in with the other boys growing up, seeing that Cole and Chase were the biological kids and Devon had been adopted five years before AK. So, when Blake got to the house, he didn't feel alone.

AK walked to his old room that now was occupied by Blake and knocked softly before opening the door to reveal a dark haired kid with his nose stuck in a gun catalog.

"Did I corrupt you that much?" AK said referring to the book in his younger brother's hands which made the boy form a large smile on his face.

"AK!" Blake smiled, putting the catalog down and going to his older brother. "Dad told me yesterday that he didn't think you were coming."

He chuckled slightly at Blake's eagerness. The boy looked up to him and shared his love for guns. "So, I hear you're getting to be a good shot."

Blake nodded and grabbed a rifle from his gun closet. "Come on, I want to show you how good I've gotten."

He chuckled and allowed himself to be pulled outside to the makeshift shooting range that was originally built for AK.

Blake got in the shooting position that the older brother had taught him and AK watched in amusement. Blake shot, missing the bullseye ever so slightly.

AK patted him on the back. "That was pretty good but you need to set the gun up a little higher," he said taking the gun from his brother. "Here, let me show you."

He sat the gun in the accurate spot before taking a breath and firing, hitting the target perfectly. He smiled and handed the gun back to Blake.

"Why can't I shoot like that?" Blake said walking back towards the house with his brother.

AK just chuckled. "Keep practicing and you'll out shoot me one day."

Blake smiled and ran upstairs to put the gun up and AK walked into the kitchen where his younger brother had arrived.

"Aaron Kyle, you have corrupted that boy with guns," his mom told him, standing over the stove.

"Mum, you know he showed his own interest. I just added fuel to the fire." He smiled turning to his younger brother. "Hey Devon, are you going to introduce me to your new bird?"

Devon chuckled, running a hand through his chocolate hair. "This is Nina. Nina this is my older brother, AK."

AK smiled and shook her hand before excusing himself in the living room. It was rather awkward being in a room with his brothers who all had significant others. He had never brought a girl home, seeing as none of them were important enough. AK couldn't remember the last time he had a relationship that lasted longer than a week. He liked the bachelor life but it was slowly killing him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I'm Ema and I'll be writing for AK. This took a little longer than I expected but life seemed to catch up with me. I hope you liked the chapter and let us know your thoughts.

I also thought that this was necessary:
Blake Gentry

Stay tuned
Xoxo
Ema ^ω^