Status: Active!

Dreams.

The Truth About Hollywood

Cassandra's PoV

March 4th 2009.

It had been a few months, and I had seen less and less of Andy every day. I was glad he had gotten a recording deal, but it was taking up all of his time. I had been hanging out with Alex and Tucker more. Ben had left our little group about a month back. He had been going on about never going to be able to get anywhere or something like that, complaining that if we all kept going the way we all were we would never get anywhere. We would never get to accomplish our dream because of the way we were acting.

Months ago, that statement probably would have made me clean up my act. Made me question every single choice I made, and over analyze everyone I talked to and everything I did. Now though? I couldn't really care. I have the rest of my life to become a musician and make a life for myself, for now I have time to chill and just enjoy life. That's one of the things that Alex had taught me. Enjoy life before throwing myself into it.

So that was what I had been doing. Enjoying life.

Back home, I was lucky if I went out once a month, here I was going out every night. Yeah, it probably wasn't the best decision, but I didn't really care either.

"Alright Cass. Time to get up." Tyler's voice says, getting me to slowly open my eyes which are greeted by the bright sunlight.

"What the hell!" I groan and pull the duvet over my head.

"You aren't a vampire Cass. It doesn't have to be dark all the time." He teases.

"Stop yelling." I mumble.

"That's what I thought." He says to himself and then walks over. "Take these, you can have to day off. Just stay in for a while. You'll feel better soon enough." Tyler looks at me and sighs before leaving the room.

I took the pills he had given me and laid back down in my bed.

Hangovers, they suck. Don't get drunk.

I take a nap, and wake up a few hours better. The constant pounding in my head gone, I get dressed and I make my way downstairs.

"Feeling better?" I'm greeted by Andy at the bottom of the stairs.

"Uh, yeah. What are you doing here? I thought you were on tour..?" I ask.

"I am, and I'm here to pick you up. Go get ready. And bring your guitar." I look at him for a moment before turning around and going back to my room. I do my hair and make up and grab my guitar case before I go back downstairs where Andy's waiting for me.

"What is the point of this exactly?" I ask.

"I got you a gig." He smiles.

"Did you now?"

"Yeah. My friend Pat lets us play shows back behind his place all the time, this time we're just lucky and sponsored. So people have actually bought tickets and are showing up. I convinced the company to let you open." Andy tells me.

"Seriously?!" I almost scream.

"Seriously." He laughs as I strangle him in a hug.

"Okay, when does it start?" I ask.

"Doors open at 6. You play at 6:30-7:15, then Black Veil Brides go on at 7:25, with a special guest performance from Cassandra Harris if she so desires. But we have sound check in like 2 hours, I was thinking we could go see Momma H and eat." He smirks.

"Of course I desire!!" I say before bursting out in laughter. "That came out wrong." My phone went off in my pocket with a text from Alex. I read over it an my face automatically fell. "I can't do it." I tell him.

"What do you mean you can't do it? You were all for the idea less than a minute ago." Andy says confused.

"Yeah, well something came up, and I can't do it." I say simply.

"What the hell could come up?! You don't get opportunities like this every day Cass. You can't just let it walk away. Not to mention I told them you'd do it!" He exclaims.

"I guess you just shouldn't assume things." I shrug, and we stand looking at each other in silence for a minute.

"It's Alex isn't it?" He asks after a minute.

"Alex? What the fuck does he have to do with any of this?" I yell.

"You're already that defensive of him huh.." He says, more to himself than anything.

"I don't get where you're coming from A-" He cut me off.

"I'm coming from the fact that you get a text from Alex and all of a sudden you don't want to play a show, that could get you noticed, maybe even signed, and just help you start to build a fanbase. And you give all of that up in a heartbeat because Alex needs you or something. What the fuck Cass? I warned you. I told you to be careful of him, and look at yourself. You're hungover, you're partying all the time, you couldn't care less about your music, and to be honest you look like shit. What has he gotten you into?" Andy rants. I am about to defend myself when he keeps going. "Ben got out right? He called me the day he left. He was worried about you. He saw this coming. Hell, I bet Tyler is shitting his pants, I don't know why he still helps you. The truth about Hollywood isn't just fun and games, you have to clean up your act Cassandra or you'll be going home in a body bag rather than a rockstar." And with that, Andy turned on his heel and walked out of the small coffee shop.

I was still a little taken aback by his outburst, and it took a minute before I was back in reality. I sigh and take out my phone to text Alex that I was ready. I bring my guitar and things back upstairs and throw them into the closet before going outside, and sitting on the curb smoking a cigarette while I waited for him to pick me up.

Not thinking a single thought about what Andy had said, not knowing that would be the last I had seen or heard from him for a few years.