Status: Active!

Dreams.

Dealing With The Parentals.

Cassandra's PoV

"Did you have fun?" Tyler asks when I get back, causing me to stop in my tracks.

"Were you waiting there the whole time?" I ask a little freaked out.

"No, are you crazy? I have a life you know." He says making me laugh.

"Whatever you say T."

"T?"

"Yeah, it makes you sound more badass. Tyler sounds like a little boy. So I'm calling you T from now on." I explain.

"You met Momma H didn't you?" He asks as if it was the most obvious thing on the planet.

"How'd you know?"

"She always has this affect on people." He shakes his head.

"Good to know." I laugh, "Hey, do you know what time it is in Colorado?"

"Well. it's almost 4 here. So... Almost 5 maybe?" He says, making it more like a question.

"Good. Cause I didn't call my parents yesterday, and my mom is most likely freaking out thinking that I was kidnapped, raped, killed, and currently in a ditch somewhere in the desert." I say.

"If she gives you any trouble just have her talk to me." He tells me as if it's nothing.

"Nope, can't do that. She and my dad still both think that I'm living in that apartment on my own. If you randomly come on the phone at 4am they are both going to think what I think we both don't want them thinking." I laugh.

"Well you have a point there." He shakes his head, causing his hair to flip slightly. "Good luck dealing with the Parentals kid." He smirks before going upstairs to bed I assume.

I sigh and walk behind the counter to make some coffee.

Once it finishes I put it in one of the mugs and sip it as I scroll through my contacts, which had grown surprisingly in the past weeks, before I tap my parents' house number.

It takes a few rings before they answer.

"Hello?" My dad answers sounding exhausted.

"Hey Dad." Isay. "I know it's early. Sorry. I can call back-"

"No, no. I'll accept any time you call." He laughs interrupting me. "So how's Hollywood treating you?" He asks.

"It's great. I preformed last night at my friend's cafe diner type place. And I made some friends who performed too."

"Really?" He asks.

"Yeah, and Andy, one of the people I met, showed me around Sunset. It was amazing. We ate at this other Diner, the woman who runs it fed us for free. She takes care of the kids out here. Everyone's just so nice." I sighed.

My dad laughs at how excited I am.

"Sounds like you're having fun Kiddo." I could tell he was smiling. "Did the crowd think you were any good?" He questions.

"If good means that they didn't throw vegetables at me and boo me off stage like in those tv shows and movies, then I think I did amazing." I explain.

"Well that's definitely a good thing." He says. "I think your mother wants to join this conversation. I'm going to put you on speaker."

I wait while he tries to fugure that out and take another sip of coffee.

"Alright. Can you hear us Cassandra?" My dad asks, I nod before remembering he can't see me.

"Yep." I say.

"Cassandra! Are you alright!? You're still a virgin right?!" My mom asks in a panic. I chuckle, seeing as how I hadn't been a virgin for a while.

"My body has been left untouched." I tell her. "And I'm fine. I love it out here."

"Are you sure you aren't just saying that?" She asks.

"I actually mean it Mum." I assure her with a laugh.

"She was just telling me how she had made friends and everything." My dad says.

"How many of these friends are boys?" She questions and I'm suddenly glad I'm not talking to her face to face.

"Andy, Tyler, I guess Chris is a friend. But Momma H is a woman." I say.

"Momma H?" My mom continues to scrutinize me over the phone.

"She owns a food place on Sunset. She watches out for all the kids out here. She's like 40, and her real name's Heather, but she has everyone call her Momma H, since she's like our mom out here. If we're hungry she'll feed us, if we need a place to stay she'll give us her couch, even if we need money, she'll find a way to help us out." I explain.

"She's hanging out with a bunch of wackos!" My mom practically yells after a minute of complete silence.

"Momma H sounds nice." My father defends, even though he sounds a bit unsure.

"She sounds like a complete wacko. Who in their right mind would- ugh. Cassandra, what were you thinking! You need to come home this instant!" My mom is on a full out flip out mode.

"Isn't that going a little overboard hunny?" My dad tries calming her down.

"Being worried about our daughter's safety and making sure she doesn't get involved in some cult is overboard?" She accuses.

"I'm not in a cult...?" I say, confused at everything going on at the moment.

"That's what they make you believe Hunny." My mom says sweetly.

"Would you like to talk to one of my friends? So they can comfort whatever it is going on in mind?" I offer.

"I think that might help."

"Momma H is most likely sleeping. But Tyler should be awake." I say.

"YOU LIVE WITH THEM ALL!?" My mother exclaims.

"She never said that." My dad laughs. Probably at how ridiculous my Mother is being.

"Momma H lives a while away, and Tyler lives down the hall." I explain. It wasn't a total lie, Tyler did live down the hall from me. Just not where my parents think.

"You need help over there?" Tyler says so I can hear, but not too loud from the staircase that leads to the rooms upstairs.

I nod. Grateful that he show'd up. He holds his hand out for the phone and I pass it to him.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Harris, This is Tyler Mayson." T says in a voice that sounds more formal than I've ever heard him be before. "Yeah, I live down the hall." His eyebrows scrunch together. "No.. There's no cult activity going on." He looks like he's about to laugh. "People can just be nice Mrs.Harris. Here in Hollywood, in the music community at least we look out for our own. You've obviously heard the stories of what happens to kids out here, or you wouldn't be so worried. But your daughter has found the right people to hang around. It means that she has a little family out here." He explains. "Uh, no. I'm 28. I've been out here since I was 15." He pauses. "Runaway." He admits. "All the more reason to believe me. I survived it didn't I?" Another pause. "Alright, I'll tell her." He smiles. "Yes, I'm sure we can get Momma H to speak to you. Alright... Okay bye."

He tapped the end button on my phone and handed it to me.

"Your mom. I think she's slightly insane." He shook his head.

"Exactly. I'm glad you showed up when you did. I think I was going to go off on her if she said one more thing about being in a Cult." I laugh.

"This is why Andy only calls his parents once a month. It was every day. Then every week. Then every month. Soon enough your guys' parents will be lucky if they get a call at all." He sighs. "Don't worry, once she talks to Momma H she'll stop pestering you."

"I hope so. Thanks T." I say. He pulls me in for an awkward side hug.

"No problem kid" He pauses. "You play PlayStation?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"Wanna go play some games? We can get some Energy Drinks from my stash in the back." He offers.

"Sure, why not. I have a feeling we're going to be up all night and all tomorrow anyway." I say.

"Get used to it." He smiles as we head upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Random chapter, but oh well. We couldn't forget about the parentals could we? ;)