Status: Active!

Dreams.

Friends.

Cassandra's PoV

"Let's go!!" Andy whines "We're already late." He's leaning against the wall of my room as I frantically rush to find my leather jacket.

"I just have to-" I cut myself off. "FOUND IT!" I yell.

"About time. Now let's go. Alex is going to be pissed as it is." He says.

"Oh come on. It's just karaoke." I say.

"It's Alex's way of doing karaoke. And if we aren't there in five minutes, he won't let us join." He explains.

"Well then it's a good thing I wore converse and not heels. " I mumble as we begin to run to the karaoke place.

We made it there in time, and I tell Andy how he had no reason to worry.

"Biersack!" A guy who looks a few years older than us calls over. He throws his cigarette on the ground and stomped on it as we reached him, only to take out another one. "Want one?" He asks the two of us. Andy accepts almost immediately, and I pause before taking one from the man. I have never been much of a smoker, but I still would have one very once in a while. He lights them all, and we're all silent for a moment. "So who's this?" He asks Andy.

"This is Cassandra Harris. But we all call her Cassie, or Cass. She's 17." Andy explains.

"All?" He questions.

"She's living with Tyler. Heather has basically adopted her. Charlie, Dan, and Zach hang out with her everyday." Andy says, making me even more confused.

"Well then," The man turns towards me. "It's nice to meet you Cass. I'm Alex, I kind of control things around here, people come to me when they need stuff." Alex smiles.

"Nice to meet you too." I say, still confused at everything.

"Now you fuckers ready?" He asks. Andy nods before grabbing my hand and leading me inside behind Alex. "Everyone else is already inside. We have the room as long as we want it." He tells us.

"I don't mean too sound like an idiot, but what exactly are we doing here?" I ask, causing Alex to laugh, rather loudly.

"Karaoke. Obviously. We just add a bit of a twist to it." He says and opens the door to one of the rooms. "Welcome to paradise." He smiled.

I look around and notice all the beer, vodka, whiskey, and every other kind of alcohol you could think of. The room smells strongly of marijuana, and it suddenly reminds me of all the high school parties that I never went to.

"Basically, the reason we're all here is because we all have something in common. We're all trying to make it in the music industry. So every two weeks we meet here, and forget about the worries and struggles of life, while still doing what we love. Singing. Cam over there and myself, being the only ones over twenty-one supply the alcohol, and whatever else people want. It's a tight group of people though, but since you're Biersack's plus one tonight we'll probably end up deciding if you should stick around." He explains.

"We should probably introduce her to everyone." Andy says.

"Right. You know Andy and I. Then there's Cam. She's my girlfriend." He points at a black haired girl with multiple piercings on her face. "Then we have Faye, Ben, and Tucker, he's my brother." He gestures at the other three in the room. Faye has bleach blond hair, and looks younger than me. Ben looked like a regular guy, light brown hair, wearing a Holister shirt and jeans. He didn't really seem to fit in with this crowd. Tucker was a lot like Alex. He has dark brown, almost black hair, he was in a tight black shirt and tight black jeans. His green eyes stuck out though. They were the brightest thing on him. "Everyone, this is Cass."

Everyone says hello, and the things that you always say when meeting someone.

"We ready?" Alex yells excitingly.

A group of loud 'Fuck Yeah's' erupt from everyone, including Andy, and the party begins.

"You don't look very comfortable." A voice says, I look up and see Ben standing there.

"Just adjusting." I shrug. He sits down next to me and passes me a beer.

"Well you have to loosen up a little bit. Especially since I know that Alex is going to force you to sing tonight." He tells me.

"Really?" I ask.

"'Course. How else would we decide whether or not you're cool enough to hang out with us." He nudges me with his shoulder. "But seeing as you hang out with Andy, you most likely have some talent."

"Some? You kidding me? I'm the best." I boast, earning a smile.

"We'll just have to see about that won't we." He laughed. "Where are you from anyway?" He asks.

"Colorado. And before you ask what I'm doing out here, I'll just explain. I dropped out on my 17th birthday and moved out here a couple months back, with some help from my parents, so that I could pursue music. What about you?" I ask.

"I'm from Colorado too. Small city outside Denver. I moved out here when I was 15 though, I've been out here for 3 years, still haven't gotten anywhere, but I've played for a few bands, been on a few tours. I'm a guitarist." He explains.

"Really? I play guitar too! But I'm better at singing." I say.

"First song learned?"

"Dammit. Blink 182. Cliche I know, but it's just one of those song that's a must." I laugh.

"True."

"Hey Cass! You ready to prove yourself?" Alex yells across the room.

"Let's do this shit." I yell back.

"Well you opened up quickly. You can in here looking like a little lost puppy." Tucker comments.

"Well with someone like you here how could she not, you give off some pretty creepy vibes." Cam says, earning a high-five from Faye.

"Everyone shut the fuck up!" Alex yells. "Now we're putting young Cassandra here to the test. What should we make her sing?"

Titles flew across the room. Songs by bands like Poison, and Motley Crue, to Joan Jett and the Go-Gos. Then finally settling on 'Been Caught Stealing' by Jane's Addiction since Tucker had said quote on quote 'hearing me sing those lyrics would be hot'.

I roll my eyes as Andy and every other guy in the room agree.

Alex selects the song from computer and Andy hands me a mic.

"Just sing. These people are just like you. A little less talented, but nonetheless, you'll be fine." He says.

"Well that sounded like a pep talk." I laugh as he went to sit down on one of the couches.

Taking a deep breath I begin to sing, not looking at the screen for the lyrics, since I knew them already. I change the tone of the lyrics, so it fit my voice a bit better too.

I've been caught stealing;
once when I was 5.
I enjoy stealing.
It's simple as that.
Well, it's just a simple fact.
When I want something,
I don't want to pay for it.

I walk right through the door.
Walk right through the door.
Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
Mine all mine.

My girl, she's one too.
She'll go and get her a skirt.
Stick it under her shirt.
She grabbed a razor for me.
And she did it just like that.
When she wants something,
She don't want to pay for it.

She walk right through the door.
Walk right through the door.
Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
Mine all mine!

We sat around the pile.
We sat and laughed.
We sat and laugh and
Waved into the air!
And we did it just like that.
When we want something,
We don't want to pay for it.

We walk right through the door.
Walk right through the door.
Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine...

"Definitely not what I was expecting." Tucker starts. "She was actually good."

"I don't see how that was a surprise." Andy comments.

"I think we should let her stick around. She brings some diversity to this group of ours." Cam says and smiles at me.

"Besides, she's wearing a leather jacket. Leather jackets are cool." Faye adds, causing us all to laugh.

"Then I guess it's settled. Welcome to the group Cass." Alex says.

I smiled. Looks like I've joined a group...
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment what you think!! I'll update soon. -Angie