Status: Active!

Dreams.

Alex

Cassandra's PoV

December 22nd 2008.

"Tyler!" I yell as my last customer leaves. "I have to go, Alex will kill me if I'm late again!"

"Jesus Christ Cassie, you act like your life revolves around this guy. I've met him, he's nothing great." He says coming from the back.

I ignore him and pull off my apron, throwing it on the counter.

"Can you clean and close up for my tonight? Please?" I beg. He sighs loudly.

"Fine. But don't forget you have a flight home at noon tomorrow. Don't get too fucked up. That's the last thing your mom needs to see." He laughs.

"You're a life saver T. I'll see you before I leave." I say and grab my jacket, leaving quickly. Taking out my phone I text Alex saying that I'll be there in like 5 minutes.

It's around 7:30 in the evening, the street is busy and people are everywhere. It's so different from what I grew up around. Yet being here felt more normal. I guess I'm meant to be a city girl.

I pull myself out from my thoughts and turn into Alex's apartment building, going up the stairs, and letting myself into his apartment.

"Look who decided to show up." Ben teases.

"I'm sorry, I actually have a job." I say sarcastically as I'm handing a joint, which I just passed along, not bothering to take a hit. "I'm sticking to cigarettes only tonight. I have to go home in the morning." I tell everyone.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you still have a relationship with your parents." Tucker mutters.

"I'm only out here because of them. They're supporting me, the least I can do is spend Christmas with them." I say.

"You're going to miss the Christmas Party, but as long as you're back for New Years I guess we'll be fine." Alex says and hands me a beer. "But I'm making you drink tonight." He smirks.

"Figured you would. As long as I'm not hungover tomorrow it'll be fine." I laugh, trying to convince myself. I push the idea of what my parents would think of me being here, with all these people, smoking, drinking, and just being stupid. "Andy not coming tonight?" I ask.

"No he left already, he's spending Christmas with his parents. Faye left to spend the Holiday's with hers too." Cam tells me as I sit on the beat up couch next to her.

"Oh." I say as everyone goes back to what they were doing before they got here. I could already tell it was going to be a long night.

* A Few Hours Later*

"Cass, you're drunk as fuck." Ben laughs at me.

"Shut up." I slur. Going to take another drink of the bottle of Fireball Whiskey that I had fought Tucker for, but it disappeared out of my hands.

"Is anyone here sober?" Alex asks. "This one needs to go home."

"I haven't drank as much as anyone else. I'll bring her." Tucker says and then picks me up off the couch. "I'll be back." He calls as we leave.

"Party poopers." I grumble once we're outside.

"You're the one who didn't want to be hungover tomorrow for your parents. If we get you home, and in bed, you might be lucky and not be that bad tomorrow." He tells me, and I just pout as we walk back, Tucker supporting most of my weight.

"What happened to her?" Tyler asks as we come inside the shop.

"She's hammered." Tucker explains. "Alex had me bring her back before she did something stupid."

"Thanks." Tyler says and takes me from Tucker.

"I'll see you when you get back Cass." He says before leaving.

"I thought I told you not to get too fucked up." Tyler mutters.

"I'm not that bad." I argue.

"Sure." He says, and hands me a glass of water. "I hope you're better tomorrow, your mom will kill me."

"Don't worry your cute little face. She won't notice a thing. She never noticed when I got drunk or slept with people and was out all night back home." I slur.

"Yeah, but she'll be more observant now, you've been gone for a while, her mother instincts will kick in. Not to mention you're not even eighteen yet." I roll my eyes.

"I'm going to bed." I tell him and head upstairs.

"Night Cass!" He yells.

"Night T." I respond, but doubt he hears me.
*Next Morning*

"Cassandra Harris you have three hours to get packed, and ready to leave, we're leaving at 10am sharp so you can be on time and catch your flight!!" Tyler comes into my yell screaming.

I groan in response.

"Get up." He says. There's a pause and then my bed starts shaking, I open my eyes and see that he's jumping up and down on my bed.

"Fine!" I yelled. "Leave!" I demand, standing up out of bed.

He laughs and leaves as I open my closet and throw some clothes into the bag that are Colarado proof, only to realize I left most of them at home. I still pack everything though so my mom can do all my laundry. I grab my laptop, and multiple chargers, and whatever else I would need and put them into a backpack.

I change into some black skinny jeans, and a homemade shirt for Andy's band "Black Veil Brides" since it was one of the only clean ones I have. After brushing my hair and teeth, trying to get the taste of alcohol out of my mouth.

I walk downstairs with everything and see Ben standing at the door trying to get inside. I laugh at his attempts before going to open it.

"Finally!" He yells. "That guy wouldn't let me in!"

"He probably thought you were a customer or something, and we aren't open today." I shrug. "Why are you hear anyway?" I ask.

"You forgot your phone last night. Alex had Cam charge it for you, and the first one to wake up bring it to you, and that person is me, so here I am, and here's your phone." He says and hands it to me.

"That would have been horrible if I forgot that." I laugh. "Thanks." I say.

"No problem. So when are you leaving?"

"At ten. My flight's at noon though." I tell him.

"And how're you feeling?"

"Not hungover. So that's amazing. I'm a little sick, but if I still am after I land back home I can just blame it on the flight." I say. "I'm glad I got brought home last night. Tell Tucker thanks for me."

"Will do. I'll see you when you get back. Have fun back home." He smiles and hugs me before leaving.

"Was that Alex?" Tyler asks coming out from the back room.

"No. That was Ben, he brought my phone back. He's a friend of Alex's though. They guy who brought me home last night was Tucker, he's Alex's brother. Then there's Cam, who is Alex's girlfriend. Then Faye, who is a friend of Cam and Alex." I explain.

"So you know all these people through this Alex guy?" He asks. I nod.

"And I met Alex through Andy." I sigh. "Can we leave now?" I ask seeing the clock said 9:55.

"Sure. And just for the record, I don't like this Alex guy." He tells me.

"No one asked you to. Now let's go."