Status: Going on a small break to get all the my chapters together.

Dangerously in Love

Reading and Choices

It would be an understatement to say that Yunika was nervous about the deal that was about to go down in her favorite restaurant. As they slowly approached the table reserved for them she was a little relieved that Cheyenne was there with Brian to make sure that nothing go out of hand. Needless to say this was going to be a long dinner.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ride home was as tense as it could be under the current situation. Yunika wouldn’t even look at Matt as they rode back to the apartment they shared at the moment. All Yunika wanted was for Matt to be out of harms way and the gang life was not something she wanted for her or her future children with him if they were to have them. She just couldn’t understand why he wouldn’t give up his turf to Yuck so that they could have a semi-normal relationship without someone being kidnapped to make a point to them.

Matt was so angry at the moment that he wasn’t sure if he was even thinking straight. He felt so embarrassed that she would do that in front of everyone and made him look like a weak leader to his group. He knows that she means well but it wasn’t right for her to bring up their private issues and conversations in front of everyone at dinner regardless that circumstances they were there for. He knew that before they could even think about having kids together he would have to get out of the gang lifestyle but for now he was trying to make sure they had money to take care of their kids for the rest of their lives.

The tension in the limo just continued to grow as the car ride proceeded. About half way through the car ride Matt couldn’t take it anymore and just let his emotions out in the open.

“I’m not sure what I am more angry about at this moment with you. The fact that you embarrassed me in front of a rival gang leader or the fact that you brought our personal life up in front of everyone to hear. I’ve been with you for ten fucking years Yunika, and I know for a fact that you are smarter then me just by the classes you toke back then, but I swear to God that was one of the stupidest things that I think you have ever done.” It seemed like Yunika was a zombie staring out the window when Matt was talking but as so as Matt called her stupid it was all over. Her body jerked to life as she leaned up and looked at him like the devil himself had been personally offended by his comment. Matt knew he was in trouble when her finger came up and stopped him from saying anything else.

“You think I planned to be kidnapped by your gang rival yesterday? You think I don’t sit up all night sometimes cause I know you are out doing something dangerous that could possibly take you from me forever? You think that sometimes I try to imagine what my life would be like if you just went poof one day and I could never see you again? I’ve cried some many times when I start thinking about what if one day I find out that I am pregnant with your child but that is the same day that you get gunned down by Tuck because you couldn’t come to a compromise? I don’t want to lose you Matt, we both know that but at this point I am at my end with this.” Yunika’s composure cracked a little as a few tears rolled down her face but she didn’t break down completely. “It’s either your lifestyle or me because I can’t do this anymore. I can’t stay up all night wondering if you will come to me alive or in a coffin. I can’t anymore because I am driving myself insane by trying to control this part of your life. But before you make your decision you should probably know that I am pregnant with your baby.” Matt just stared at his long time girlfriend in shock but also with love and admiration for her. “I found out the morning you came over to spend the day with me. I wasn’t going to tell you that day because there is other things I needed to tell you about. I’ve been getting phone calls from a girl that claims that you are the father of her unborn child and it kills me to think that you actually cheated on me with a whore that you don’t even remember her name if I asked what it was. So I think it’s best if we have a break for two weeks so that you can make your final decision.”

Right when the last word came out of her mouth the limo pulled up in front of Yunika’s apartment to drop her off. She didn’t even look back at him when she got out to walk up the stairs in to her apartment and Matt honestly had no idea what to do next when it came to this. He had two paths to think about. One could possibly lead to his death on the street with only his friends to mourn his death and not the love of his life, while the other one lead down a path of true happiness with 3 kids, his wife and 2 dogs that lived on the beach with him. His heart told him clearly which path to take and that was the one that would lead him to a full and happy life but his head had other plans when he started to thing about if his kids wanted to go to college. How was he going to pay for it and how was he going to support his family if he quit this lifestyle? But then it dawned on him that he was a rock star that could support his family if he needed to. Sometimes when he home doing business too long he forgot about the fact that by day he was a rock star. He knew that there was no room for any gray areas when it came to his future with Yunika, but he knew that if he were to pick the first choice that he was never going to have the family of his dreams with the women of his dreams. That thought alone was enough to put a good ache in his heart. He didn’t need two weeks to think about the future he wanted with Yunika because he already knew what he was going to tell her, he just hoped that she didn’t already set her mind to which choice she thought he would pick.

2 weeks later~~~~~~

The last two weeks for Yunika and Matt were, in lesser terms, in hell for them both. Yunika was trying to cope with the fact that Matt might have cheated on her while he was on this recent tour while Matt was trying to get his head around the fact that he was going to have a baby with the love of his life. Yunika was actually on edge about what Matt had decided to do with his life.

It has been almost a full month since she found out she was pregnant and needless to say she was pretty damn excited about it. Currently Yunika was in her apartment reading baby books, and she actually started to read some of her favorite books to her unborn child. She wasn’t so sure her baby could hear her but it’s never too late to read to them. She was in the middle of reading Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief to her baby when the doorbell rang. She placed her bookmark in the between the pages and pulled her glasses up on her head. Yunika didn’t know why she was feeling so nervous when she went to open the door but soon she figured out why. Standing on the other side of the door was Matt and she realized why she fell for him in the first place. He stood there nervous as could be with a bouquet of tiger lilies in his hand with a shaky smile on his dimpled face. He was dressed pretty nicely while she was in one of his old t-shirts with just underwear on underneath the large shirt. She wasn’t really sure what to say to the large man standing in front her so she stepped to the side and silently invited him inside.

Matt wasn’t sure what to do once he stepped inside the cozy apartment so he waited till she turned around to face him before he handed her the flowers that she only told him once that she loved them fondly. She gently toke them in to her hands, toke a deep breathe in of the floral scent and walked to the kitchen with a soft smile on her face. She placed them in a vase and set them on the windowsill in the kitchen. Matt was sitting on the couch waiting for her and trying to get his emotions and thoughts together before he went shooting off at his mouth. He left the couch dip as Yunika sat down next to him to listen to his decision. The nervous energy could be felt if anyone came in to the room at that moment.

“So I’m guessing since you are here you came to a decision about your future with me?” Matt sighed and looked at Yunika who was avoiding his eyes.

“Why do you have to say it like that like it’s not our future together like it’s supposed to be?”

“Well you had two choices and one of them was to not have me at all so I said it like that because I have no idea which one you chose.”

“Ok well I’m pretty sure that we both have been going through hell these past two weeks with not being in each others presence due to the fact that we both needed to figure out the decisions that will greatly effect our future with each other. So I’m not so sure if you want me to tell you my decision or if you want me to let you talk first.” Matt wasn’t sure what to do as he watched Yunika ponder over what he said when the microwave in the kitchen beeped which startled them both. Matt didn’t even know she stared the microwave before talking to him, which surprised him a little since he usually notices everything she does. She returned to the living room with a cup of tea that smelled a tad weird to him but she seemed to enjoy it.

“Listen Matt I’m not sure what you’re decision is but I’m just going to let you know that I’ve made the decision to keep the baby. I don’t care if you are with me or not but I am going to take care of this baby. If you decide to go with your mafia life style then we can arrange for visitation on the weekends or something like that. You can tell me your decision cause honestly I’m nervous as hell about what you’re going to say.” Matt breathed in deeply and looked in to Yunika’s dark brown eyes. The look in her eyes for some reason calmed him down and the words just came out like water.

“I’m giving the mafia over to Brian and I’m staying by your side while you carry our baby.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry guys that I have been gone for so long. I hope this chapter is going to make up for it. I'll be trying to update more often since school is getting easier.