Status: Dec. 22, 2013 @ 9:30 pm. Chapter Two is up!! Stay tuned for Chapter Three!

The Princess and the Snake

Introduction

Once upon a time, there existed a vast kingdom in another realm much different from ours. This kingdom, centered in a bustling town called Ravena, was made up of three surrounding villages that consisted of numerous farms and many people. The rulers of this massive kingdom lived in the castle that towered over the town of Ravena and were also the most liked and respected royal family of all the realms, the Landas.

King Christoph Landa was a noble soul; a hardy and strongly built man who had seen many years of both hardship and jollity. He was wise beyond his age, trustworthy, and experienced in which his public took comfort and solitude. His wife, the beautiful Queen Roxanne, ruled by his side since their holy matrimony. She was the perfect compliment to King Christoph's solid personality: soft, gentle, and walked with a calming presence that soothed any unsteady air. Together, they raised a gorgeous daughter, Myla Landa.

Myla was not your typical princess. Though kind, smart, and equally as beautiful, she was quite adventurous in more ways than one. Her favorite novels to read were mainly fiction detailing made up characters in real life situations. She would routinely disappear before her music lessons to run outside the castle walls and into the streets of Ravena's Market Square, where she would observe the people go about their business for hours. As she got older however, this adventuresome behavior did not dissipate. If anything, it seemed to only grow and grow. By age 17, she was better than any of her father's Royal Guards at sword fighting, including her teacher, the young and handsome lieutenant of the Royal Guard, Cameron.

Cameron was highly thought of amongst the King and Queen, especially as a possible suitor for their Myla. Although not of royal birth, he was still born into the wealthiest family in the entire kingdom of Ravena and, most importantly, a good, long time friend of Myla's. They hoped that, when the time came, Myla would choose the amiable Cameron as her ruling companion.

And that time was quickly approaching.