Status: Dec. 22, 2013 @ 9:30 pm. Chapter Two is up!! Stay tuned for Chapter Three!

The Princess and the Snake

Chapter Two

Present day. Storybrooke, Massachusetts.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Myla groaned and rolled over in an attempt to block out her obnoxious alarm clock.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

"Dang it..." She grumbled and, finally, pushed herself out of the bed, swiftly slapping the "Off" button as she did. Myla ran her hands through her long tangled hair and across her face. The alarm clock read 6:00 in electric blue numbers and the room was still dark. Sighing heavily, she stumbled towards the bathroom.

As she dragged herself into the bathroom, turned on the light, and started the hot water to the shower, Cameron quickly wrapped his arms around her waist. Myla gasped and quickly turned around.

"Oh my gosh, Cameron! You can't do that!" He just laughed and buried his face into her matted hair. "I thought you would've been gone by now anyways."

"I am staying later and later aren't I?" He muttered into her hair. "Besides, I don't have to be at the police station until eight! And you don't have to teach today!" Before Myla could protest, Cameron pulled her closer to him, clutching her tighter in his strong arms, and pressed his lips into hers.

Instead of fighting back, Myla relaxed and closed her eyes. She had known and loved Cameron for as long as she could remember. They had grown up together and their families were close. That should count for something, right?

The truth was that, in reality, Myla wasn't sure if she was in love or, for that matter, if she had ever truly been in love. She had to admit, her feelings were fading, but Cameron's wasn't obviously. So, until she could sort her own feelings out, she was going to lay low and continue this relationship with Cameron.

Besides, he gave her everything she ever wanted.

Myla pulled away from Cameron's kiss and bit her bottom lip. "Actually, I do have to teach today. Mary Margaret has asked if I could teach an extra music lesson today to her class related to their lesson on birds." She paused at Cameron's dejected facial expression. "What? You don't want me to teach music to children?"

He shook his head and relaxed his grip on her. "No no... Not at all." He ran his slender fingers through his short light colored hair. "We just... I feel like we never get to have time alone together."

Myla blinked. "Then, what do you call last night?"

Cameron dropped his hand from his hair and stared at her. "Come one, Myla, I'm being serious."

She sighed and took his hand in hers. "And so am I! Look, we've both just been super busy and occupied with our work lives, right?" She waited for him to reluctantly nod before she continued. "And did you forget about the camping trip we planned for next weekend?"

Cameron's eyes suddenly sparkled with excitement. Myla laughed. "So you did?" He rolled his eyes then tackled her into another tight embrace. After she had stopped squirming, he planted his lips onto hers once again. She lightly traced the outline of his jawline with one hand as she pulled at his dark grey pajama shirt with her towards the shower.