Never Too Late

The Story of Schmidt

Aria's Point of View

I followed my sister back up to the apartment. I wasn't mentally prepared for this. I didn't think I was ever going to be. Living in the same place as Schmidt wasn't going to end well.

We entered the apartment and I headed straight to the room to do my homework. Every once in a while Lucy or Jess would check up on me. Once I was done with my homework I went through my stuff to find something comfy to wear to bed. I grabbed a pair of sweat pants and just a plain tank top. I changed and crawled into my bed. I fell asleep pretty quickly that night. I heard Lucy come in a few hours later and once I knew she was asleep I got out of my bed and left the room. I closed the bedroom quietly, not wanting to wake my sister up. I turned around only to run into the person I was trying to avoid. I tried to go back into my room but he spun me back around so I was looking at him. His touch brought back so many memories. Memories I tried to forget.

It was a typical Friday night and I had snuck out of the house to go to this club with my sister and her friends. We all had fake ID's so it was easy to get into the club. Once we got there, my sister and her friends went their own way and I went mine. I headed to the bar and ordered myself a drink. That's when I noticed this guy looking at me. I grabbed my drink and went to sit down. It didn't take him too long to walk over to my table.

“Do you mind if I sit here?” he asked.

“Go for it,” I said.

I took a sip of my drink and he said, “What's a pretty face like you doing here all alone?”

“I'm not alone, my sister and her friends are here,” I replied.

“Then where are they?” he inquired.

“We always go our separate ways when we go out,” I said.

“You have a boyfriend?” he asked.

“Nope, I don't. Why did you ask?” I answered.

“Just wondering,” he said.

We ended up talking for a while and I found that I was into this guy. Though he seemed like a womanizer, I didn't care. I was starting to get bored of being in the club. I stood up and he looked at me.

“Come on, let's go somewhere alone,” I said, grabbing his hand.

We ended up finding an empty bathroom and we entered it. He locked the door and then pinned me against it. He kissed down my neck stopping before my breast. He kissed me and put his hand on the zipper of my dress and slid it down and off. I unbuttoned his pants and pulled them down. Things ended up getting pretty heated and we had sex.

After we were done, we got redressed. We left the bathroom and he noticed my fake ID.

“You're only seventeen!?” he demanded, surprised.

“Well, yeah, why?” I asked.

“I'm twenty, I could go to jail!” he exclaimed.

“Dude, relax, I'm not going to say anything,” I said.

“Okay, good. What's your name by the way?” He relaxed a little.

“Aria. You?” I asked.

“Schmidt,” he replied.

“Well, it's been a pleasure, Schmidt,” I said.

I walked off going to find my sister. Once I did, we left and that was the end of that. Or so I thought.


I shook from his grip and he sighed.

“Aria, please don't this,” he said.

“Do what?! My sister and uncle are sleeping and if they knew about us I would be so dead!” I said.

Schmidt grabbed my hand and led me to his bedroom. He closed the door and turned the light on. It was a tiny room but it had all of his stuff in it. He sat on the bed and I stood at the door.

“You can sit, you know,” he said.

“I'd rather make this quick, what do you want?” I asked.

“I wanted to talk about that night,” he said.

“It was just random sex, nothing else,” I replied.

“So you're saying if I kissed you right now you wouldn't care? You wouldn't feel anything?” he checked.

“Nope, nothing at all,” I said.

“Then why did you run out of the apartment earlier? You looked at me and went to get your stuff and you never came back in. Your sister had to go find you. If this meant nothing to you then you wouldn't be biting your lip, just the way you did when I first met you. I make you nervous,” he went on.

He made his way over to me, making me pinned up against the door. He got really close to me. He moved the hair away from my neck. He got even closer to me and stopped.

“I still remember everything that turns you on,” he whispered into my ear.

I got the chills when he said that. He placed his lips on my neck, wasting no time in finding my weak spot. He gently bit the area, making me let out a soft moan. I pushed him away and he smirked at me. I was not going to fall for his charm. He wasn't going to do this to me. I wouldn't fall for him. I couldn't.
This was wrong. I opened the door and started to leave. He grabbed me, making me turn around and kissed me. It wasn't a rough kiss. It was a sweet kiss.

Schmidt pulled me back into his room and closed the door. He picked me up and I threw my legs around his waist. He walked us over to his bed and pulled back the covers and then put me down on the bed. He hovered over me and he looked at me. I could see the lust in his eyes. He kissed me again and worked on taking my tank top off. He already had no shirt on. He kissed me again and started working on taking my sweat pants off. I broke the kiss and stopped him.

“What if they hear us?” I asked.

“If they ask who I had in my room I'll them it was so random chick that I met at the bar,” he said.

I looked at him and then thought about this some more. He could tell I was stressing out about this. He moved his hands away from my sweat pants and looked at me.

“We’re going to be fine, I promise,” he told me.

“This is the last time this happens,” I answered.

“Fine, one last fling and we go back to not knowing each other,” Schmidt said. I could hear the sass in his voice.

“It's hot when you get sassy,” I said.

He smirked at me and then connected his lips back to mine. He made his way back down to my neck and I tried to keep my moans quiet. Things escalated not too long after that. After we were done, we both laid in his bed. I closed my eyes and felt his arm wrap around me. I didn't want to move from his bed but I knew I had to.

“I need to go,” I told him.

“You could just sleep in here and then wake up before anyone else. Tomorrow's Saturday so no one will be up early,” he said.

“My sister is going to know I'm not in there,” I said.

“You'll be fine. I'll cover for you. I'll wake up before you and just take you back to your room in the morning and tell her I found you passed out on the couch with the TV on,” he promised.

“I don't know,” I said, feeling unsure about this whole thing.

I was pretty tired and didn't want to move and he must have known this. I sighed and nodded my head, giving in to this idea. I got re-dressed so that it would be easier for him to just carry me back into my room later on. Once I was done, I crawled back into the bed and rested my head on his chest.

“Seriously no more of this,” I said.

“Fine,” he said.

With that, he wrapped his arm around me and I fell asleep. When I woke up I was in my own bed just like he had said I would be. Lucy was still sleeping and I couldn't help but want to run back to Schmidt's room. And that's what I did. I left my room and ran down the hall to his. I opened his door and he was lying on his bed with his phone in his hands. I closed the door and he looked at me.

“I swore you were asleep,” he said.

He tossed his phone onto the stand as I walked over to him. I didn't waste any time in kissing him. He pulled away.

“I thought you said we were done with this?” Schmidt asked, confused.

“Shut up and kiss me,” I said.

He wasted no time doing this. He tossed me onto the bed. I knew this was totally wrong but I couldn't help it. I knew I was falling for someone I couldn't have. Keeping this a secret was going to be easy. But keeping us away from each other would be doable too. Only hard part was going to be keeping our hands off each other when we were other the others. What the hell was I getting myself into?