Status: Love you xx

How Will I Know?

CapĂ­tulo Treinta y Seis

I was sitting on my couch, my legs brought up close to my chest, silent tears running down my face. I didn't know what to feel. Was I upset about the hole situation or was I just mad at Liam for making that mean comment? All I knew is that I was feeling something and I didn't like it.

"Hey pickle! Who are you talking too? We could hear you from upstairs!" Andrea's voice echoed through the staircase as she made her way to me. I didn't speak, I didn't turn around to greet her; I stood still, hugging my knees and staring the blank space before me.

"Pickles did you hear me?" She came to stand in front of me and I couldn't help but chuckle mentally at the weird nickname she had decided to give me. I never knew why but my friends like to give me food related names. Since our first year at college, Andrea would be walking around calling me pickle and I happened to be Kim's pumpkin pie. My friends are weird.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She saw my tear-stained face as she got a good look at my face.

"It's just... It's Liam but I don't want to talk about it yet. I still don't know what to make out of all this."

She didn't even reply. Instead, she proceeded in one of her 'interpretive dances', if you could call them that, the sort that she knew would always put a smile on my face because of how silly she looked.

I cracked up and when I caught my breath, I quickly changed the subject while swiftly wiping away my tears.

"Oh by the way, I didn't tell you girls but I invited Ethan to the party tomorrow night so that we can all bond." I smiled at the thought.

In all of my wildest dreams, I never imagined what was happening right now. I was in London, with my two best friends, I had befriended One Direction, I signed a record deal, I was about to make my very first music video and I had a boyfriend. Or at least, I think I still have one.

~~~

Around noon the following day, I had already received numerous texts and phone calls from Liam but I never answered. He even called Andrea and Kim to get them to make me talk to him. I never obliged. The only life sign I had provided him was a text telling him that I wouldn't be riding with them tonight. If he wanted to be jealous, I would give him a reason too. Kim was able to get the party address through Louis and I hurriedly texted it to Ethan. When I asked, he was more than happy to know that I needed a ride after all and told me he would be there around 7. I wanted to make sure that we would miss Liam, (I'd already have to face him all night) so I asked him if it was possible to come around 6:45.

I was ready twenty minutes before Ethan got to our place. Andrea fell in love with my outfit as Kim was scared to be under dressed. We quickly reassured her, as wearing a dress or a skirt wasn't as much Kim's style. When Ethan arrived, I left my friends behind, making sure that they would not worry about me through out the night and that we would eventually find each other and have fun.

Mixed emotions where running through me, sitting in the passenger seat of my new friend's car. I was sad to leave my friends behind, yet happy that I was in the company of a new one; I was mad at Liam but yet, I wanted him to be here more than ever.

"So, I haven't ask before: why did you change your mind about riding with me?"

"Let's just say it's complicated but I'm glad I'm here." I smiled at him sincerely. It was actually the first time I had genuinely smiled in the past 24 hours.