Helping Hand

Chapter Seven

Oli stayed out the whole day, my parents went to meet up with some of their old friends, and I stayed at home and on the beach.
I was surprised when Sky came and sat with me.

"Hey Kellin." I nodded.

"You ok?" I nodded again and he sighed.

"Look..I know I've rubbed you up the wrong way, and I'm sorry. But I think it goes to show...you're either into Oli, or you're into me. For my sake, I hope it's the latter." I gaped at him and he winked.

"It's the former. Sorry to disappoint you." Sky shrugged and was still smiling annoyingly.

"I figured...don't blame you, he's a pretty thing isn't he? Sweet, funny-"

"I know." Sky chuckled.

"What's with you? You made out like you were really into Oli."

"I am. But you're just as hot. I never said I was in love with anyone, wouldn't wanna put all my eggs in one basket." He said suggestively and I swallowed, shaking my head, now irritated rather than shocked.

"Oh come on, why so uptight?"

"You're an asshole." Sky laughed.

"I'm not as sweet as you two, I'll admit, but I'm not evil or anything. I'm just...chilled out." I felt uncomfortable and stood up.

"Stay away from me and Oli, Sky." He stood up too, taking a step closer to me.

"I'll try my best - but no one can say that either of you will be able to stay away from me." With that he smirked and walked away, leaving me feeling a bit shaken.

I was sat at the kitchen table when Oli returned that evening.
"Oh...hi. Why are you sat in the dark?" He turned the light on and sat down opposite me.

"Nothing. Are you ok?"

"Yeah....I had some time to cool off, you were right, I just got jealous, it was stupid and...I'm sorry." I nodded.

"That's ok, you've had to put up with a lot of crap from me so I think we're even." He smiled and leant across to kiss me, immediately the warmth and fire spread through me, but I was hesitant and he could sense it.

"What's wrong? Did something happen today?"

"No, I just...umm...thought I heard my parents coming back." Oli chuckled and shook his head.

"They're not coming back for a while yet." The double meaning was implied and he pulled on my hands slightly, asking, wanting, I stood and kissed him before letting him whisk me upstairs.

"Hello! We're back!" Oli froze, a bead of sweat dripping off his hair and I stared up at him in panic.

"Hey!" He shouted, clearing his throat. I clamped my mouth shut as I tried not to laugh.

"You ok?!"

"Good thanks! Just uh...looking at records!"

"Ok well, we've booked a table and we're gonna meet Kathy and John there! We told them you two would come!"

"Oh, we will!" I hit Oli and tried to push him off me but he began rolling his hips again, silencing me.

"Ok, try and be ready in half an hour please!"

"No problem!" He pulled my hands off my mouth and kissed me.

"Get off me!"

"No, I'm so close." I groaned quietly and shut my eyes.

"Are you?"

"...yes."

"Just pretend they're not here." He started moving faster and I stopped him, turning over and biting the pillow to stop myself making too much noise as I came. He came on my back and we kissed before I ran shakily out to the shower, washing in record time before switching places with Oli who had laid out clothes for us. We scrambled to get ready and he grabbed me, planting a kiss on my lips before we jogged downstairs.

"Oh you look nice. Everything ok?" My mum asked us.

"Yep, all good. Had a nice day?" Mum nodded and looked at us for a moment before following my dad out the door. I exhaled deeply and looked at Oli, walking out after them.

John and Kathy were happy to meet Oli, it was a pleasant evening until they began asking questions.
"So Kellin..you're all grown up now, any ladies on the scene?" Kathy smiled and John put his arm around her, mum and dad both smiled and looked at me, Oli looked at me, I felt nauseous, relieved when the waiter took our mains away and explained that dessert would only be a few minutes.

"I...uh...not really." I swallowed and she laughed, pointing a finger towards me.

"Those red cheeks don't lie! Who is she?"

"Umm...no one, no one." Oli widened his eyes slightly, warning me to come up with something good.

"Oh come on Kel, you're amongst friends!"

"There's no one alright?!" Everyone jumped slightly as I snapped and I sat, mortified before apologising and explaining I didn't feel well, heading outside for a moment.

"Sorry about that Kath, I don't know what's wrong-"

"Don't be silly! I shouldn't have pushed, these teens all have to have their secrets I suppose!" Oli smiled tensely and the adults laughed, switching to another topic of conversation.

"I'm gonna go see if he's ok." No one even noticed Oli leave the table.

Kellin had his head in his hands on the front porch of the beachside restaurant.
"What the hell was that?!" Oli hissed before seeing the stray tear on Kellin's cheek.

"Hey, I'm sorry." He sat down and pulled Kellin towards him who pushed him away, standing up and wiping his face roughly.

"What?"

"I can't keep doing this...it's too much, I can't handle it-"

"Kel-"

"Tell them I'm sick. This is over." Oli stood shell-shocked as Kellin stumbled away, crying silently.

"Where's Kel?" Harry asked quietly as Oli sat down.

"He was ill...h-he went home." Harry frowned.

"Was he alright?"

"I...offered to take him home but..umm...I think he wanted to be alone." Harry nodded.

"Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, fine." They ate the rest of their dinner, Oli hardly spoke again, he wanted to cry and rush home to talk Kellin out of his decision, but he could only sit defeatedly, wishing he could go back a few hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for your great feedback guys! It's so fantastic to hear that you're all enjoying it <3