Christmas One-Shots

A Very Merry Elvish Christmas

I woke up early on the seventeenth of December, knowing that I had a long day ahead of me. Today was the day that I bought Christmas presents for my friends. I had just completed a quest and collected the reward so I had a little gold to spend. I'd sort of planned ahead and with all the complaining that Hanish, Keecon and Jimmy did you'd think it would be easy but everything they said was useless when it came to buying them gifts. I had a couple of ideas though; I knew that I'd be leaving the group for a while maybe permanently but I knew where they were headed next. So that gave me some useful information.
Walking through Falcrest, I was reminded of why I loved it so much. Everyone was so happy and willing to talk to just about anyone, it was a magical sight to see an Elf happily conversing with a Half-Orc. Half-Orcs didn't get along with anyone, especially not Elves.

I knew that I should buy stuff for Keecon and Hamish before Jimmy because Jimmy would probably be the most expensive to but for so I wanted to make sure I had enough gold for gifts for everyone.

So with that in mind I headed towards the shipbuilders workshop in the hope that he would have a boat left for me to buy for Keecon. Their next quest took them into the Witchlight Fens and a boat would come in useful. Luckily the shipbuilder had one boat left so I handed over the gold and told him I'd swing by later to pick it up. With Keecon sorted I went to the blacksmiths next to get Hamish another axe; he already had a magical one but I knew he'd appreciate second one. With a promise to have to axe finished for the end of the day I left the blacksmiths and went to my last stop of the day; the tailors. Jimmy was forever wanting new clothes but after out last quest he was in desperate need of a new cloak. I looked through all the cloaks and found a beautiful deep purple velvet cloak which I was sure Jimmy would love. So 550 gold coins later I had all my gifts bought, wrapped and hidden away.

The next day Jimmy, Keecon and Hamish came round bearing gifts of their own for me. We exchanged gifts and were delighted at what each of us had received. Keecon had got me a new spell book bound with the finest leather; Jimmy had got me a new staff a dragon beautifully carved into the top; and Hamish had got me a small dagger which would be useful in future battles for hand to hand fighting.

After a delicious lunch we said farewell and they set out on their latest quest, leaving me to continue on my own path. I sighed I would miss them, it would be hard to find team-mates and friends as good as those three again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year everyone :D
See you on the other side