Traditions

To Thee

Talen smiled like a child as she felt the season change slowly from fall to winter. One of her favorite human holidays were coming within weeks and her heart leapt with joy. Gathering her winter clothes, she clambered down the stairs with a smile ear to ear.

“Talen, what is the meaning of this? The sun hasn’t even risen yet.” Thor grumbled, he stood at the top of the stairs in plaid pajamas pants and his sun kissed skin beckoned Talen to race up those stairs again to cuddle with her lover. But her love for Christmas has overshadowed his body for this moment as she bounced on her heels.

“Christmas is coming Thor! My favorite holiday!” Thor blinked slowly trying to get the drowsiness out of his eyes; it took a few moments to finally see her in a long cream coat, bright red pants underneath, and her pink fluffy hair tucked underneath a green beanie.

He remembered Jane explaining some of the celebrations that humans would have in certain times of year, but he didn’t remember this one quite well.

Seeing the confusion written on his face, Talen explained, “It’s a holiday, celebration on 25th of December where you gather gifts and give them to the ones you love and show them how much you appreciate it them. Usually humans decorate their house with trees, lights, candy, and all kinds of stuff and the eve of that day we prepare for exchanging gifts. It’s all about love, warmth, more of giving than receiving. I just love it.”

The way her eyes glowed during her explanation gave him the incentive to celebrate this holiday with Talen. He didn’t want to upset her during this celebration. Meeting her down the stairs, he stood in front of her easily towering over her small body and gently tucked a strand of pink behind her ear.

“When do we get started?” He offered her a kind smile having her beaming.

“You’re going to have so much fun! Get dressed so we can help Ralph put the lights up!” Talen ran outside, Ralph already prepping the lights in a heavy coat and grumbled how lucky the gods were to have such gifted body temperatures.

“You don’t have to wear a coat, Talen.”

Talen chirped, “I know. I just love winter clothes.” Her enthusiasm spread among her employer as he distributed which lights would be placed where. Thor stood in the background watching the two work before he is handed a band of lights. “These are going on the barn. It will be so much easier this year with Thor being here.”

Ralph agreed, having Talen hiding her true self he had to personally take a ladder or given a lift to decorate the barn which would take hours. He would never do those sort of things, he hated heights, but he loved Talen so much he sacrificed himself every year to see that smile.

Now he didn’t have to sacrifice that much with the golden god here. Ralph took the time to simply explain how the lights were going around the barn and the nails were already there from previous year. When Thor is decorating the barn with Talen’s careful instructions, Ralph started on the house. It didn’t take much for Talen to gasp when Thor destroyed half the bulbs while he placed them around the nails.

The look of distraught carried on her face leaving Thor guilty. He apologized profusely hoping that she wouldn’t break down over lights. Thankfully she didn’t and patted his shoulder saying that she will buy more of the lights later.

Thor gritted his teeth in jealousy however when Ralph finally finished the house and Talen praised him at how gorgeous it is. He wanted Talen to give him that praise just like when she used to as a child. She didn’t vocally do it, but her eyes shined brightly and that made his chest swell with pride and ego to match.

The pink haired goddess did notice Thor abnormally quiet and settled that he will help pick out the tree. After shifting Ralph’s role to gather the other Christmas decorations for the house, her and Thor got into the truck to find the perfect tree.

Thor saw this as a competition against Ralph and he carefully watched which tree would perfectly go inside of Talen’s home. Her place isn’t as big as back in Asgard, but there might be a tree that will be able to fit inside her home if they properly searched for one. What he didn’t expect is for them to drive into town, the last time he was in a city there were no trees.

When he asked why they were there, Talen smiled telling him that they sold trees in certain parts of the town. They specifically grew Christmas trees as she like to call it and when they arrived to the spot, Talen dragged Thor under the tent where trees spread across the area.

He has never seen such a display before, all of them line up perfectly from shortest to tallest, wide to narrow and some of them are white? Talen went straight towards the back where the tallest trees were inspecting them as she went. Thor doubted that the tallest one she has been eyeing would fit in her home.

“I don’t think that one would fit in your home, Talen.”

“Maybe, I’m trying to decide which one is best. What do you think?” She kindly included him in the decision; he had no clue on what to decide so he chose the tree next to the tallest one. Talen didn’t even inspect it as she asked one of the workers that she will take it.

Thor easily lifted the tree as she paid for it; he felt his pride getting the best of him thinking that the man should pay for things not the woman. She quickly reminded him that he didn’t have the proper currency of this world.

Once he placed the tree in the bed of the truck and tied it down, he is greeted with a shy peck on the cheek showing her gratitude. “Having you here is all I ever wanted.” Unshed tears risen from her eyes as she held onto his hand with both of hers. It is times like these that he cherished sharing moments with the beautiful goddess before him.

Before he can show his reciprocate his gratitude, she broke their spell shaking her head and happily saying they should head back to decorate the rest of the house. It didn’t take long for them to go back and squeeze the tree inside the home.

Placing it in the living room, Talen worked on the tree and Ralph miraculously found another set of lights for the barn. She beamed brightly before hurrying them along to decorate the barn. With her light and quick steps, she finished the inside of the home in no time and still had extra time to brew hot eggnog for the men outside.

She wondered why they were taking so long to see them fighting over where the lights should be placed and how to do it. Having the tray in hand, she giggled lightly as Ralph yelped when Thor placed him on the roof of the barn childishly telling him to decorate it himself if he knew what he is doing.

The two didn’t notice the pink haired goddess taking a seat and sipping on her drink watching the two tediously finishing the barn. Once they were done, they finally realized her perched on a tree root with cups for them to drink. Handing them each one, Ralph smiled graciously before muttering that he should take the horses for their exercise.

As Thor sat down next to her, he sipped at the weird concoction that she made for them. He scrunched up his nose, “What is this contraption?”

“Eggnog, a traditional Christmas beverage. You don’t like it?” She chuckled seeing the disdain on his features. “I have other drinks in the house if you want?” The god of thunder placed the tray along with their drinks on the ground, hungrily gazing at his lover.

“I am thirsty, but not for a drink.” Talen furiously blushed red as she felt exposed having him stare at her in such a way. Despite wearing a coat and covering her body, it is futile as he lifted her in her arms she let out a squeak.

“Prince Thor! Ralph and the other workers…” She trailed off not wanting to complete that sentence.

Thor growled, flushing her chest against his, his hot breath lingering on her lips as he commanded softly, “Say it again.” Even though he reminded her not to say such a title when no one is around, it naturally came from her lips without a second thought. But for instances like now, it only made his eyes burn with intensely, craving the subordination she gives him.

“P-prince Thor…my prince.” Talen whispered, her grey eyes always remained in contact with his before his lips dived into hers and perfectly meshed together.

Her soft pink lips brought his mind into frenzy, cupping her bottom she let out a small moan, she let him carry her into the house and have his way with her.

By the next morning, Talen glowed exponentially and continued on her Christmas cheer. Ralph notices the difference when she has that light around her and isn’t a fool when he noticed that the two were gone for a long period of time.

Now wearing a reindeer sweater and cheesy Christmas music filling the air, she pranced around the kitchen preparing treats for her horses before she had to head out for gifts. Ralph plucked a cookie from the tray that simply had a note ‘for humans’, he rolled his eyes with a soft smile. “You’re in an extra cheery mood this morning.”

“I’m always in a cheery mood around the holidays.”

Ralph hummed in contentment of the cookie melting in his mouth, twiddling it between his fingers, “Yeah, but last night you were…really really happy.” He tried to make it as simple as possible, but seeing that her nativity is making it worse for her to capture what he is conveying he bluntly told her, “You have that after sex glow.”

Initiating the bright red cherry cheeks, she stammered, “I-I don’t k-know what you are t-talking about.”

“C’mon, Miss Calloway I know what it looks like. I have seen it on girls plenty of times.”

“I’m going to feed the horses their treats before I head out for the presents. Can you tell Thor I’ll be right back?” Giving her that slot of time to excuse herself with reassurance on his part, she fled like a bat out of hell.

It took some time for Thor return from his journey from the woods as he would like to call it. Ralph never knew what the god is doing when he wandered around there and never wanted to know. Munching on another treat, he watched the flawless god pushed his long hair back from his face before asking where Talen is.

“Went shopping for gifts, she’ll be back in a few hours give or take.”

Straightening up his posture, he nodded with a command, “Take me where she is so I can join her.”

“Don’t think I can do that, buddy.” Swinging his cookie around in a playful manner leaving Thor is aggravation. When he asked that million dollar question of ‘why’ he answered, “Because she will be buying a present for you too and she can’t have you hovering over her when she picks it out.”

“Why does she have to conceal my gift?”

“Christmas tradition or any gift exchange tradition to be exact. It’s simple, you go out buy something that you know that special someone will like and you wrap it, wait for that day to come and give it to ‘em. Simple.”

Ralph saw Thor’s mind reeling, “Then I should get her a gift as well.” Knowing the prince didn’t have the money, he slapped a good portion of money into his hand saying he will help him pick out a good present for his girl.

Within the next hour, Ralph never thought he would regret or even be amused by taking Thor to the nearest shopping center in their town. All the lights, fragrances, and entertainment centers brought the curiosity out of him. The poor thunder god didn’t know where to look and Ralph had the compassion to guide him to a few safety stores where Talen loved to shop.

“Forever 21? What does that mean?”

“It’s just a name targeted for younger gals.”

Thor blinked slowly as he processed the words that came out of Ralph’s mouth, “Talen isn’t young per say, not human years-”

“She looks it and that’s all that matters. I hope to God you don’t say things of that nature in front of her.” Ralph muttered; taking Thor into the bright and dizzy spelled place that gave him a headache. All of those bright, crazy, hipster clothes that she bought where mainly from this store.

The store quickly bored the two not liking the idea of shopping for clothes in general, but what struck Ralph is the choice Thor made before they left. He didn’t think the god would choose such revealing clothes because of the goddess’ shy nature. When he shared his opinion, Thor gave him a bemused look saying that she wore such revealing clothes back in Asgard.

Ralph gave a once over of the crop top and short skirt wondering if Talen ever wore something like that back in her native planet. He couldn’t see it.

“I think you should get something else. Something with a little more sentiment.”

“You don’t think I know how to choose a gift?”

The man sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, “I’m not saying that. Talen has a bunch of clothes and giving her more would be a waste when there is something else you can get her with more value.” Easily grating on the god’s nerves, Thor slammed the clothes onto the cashier’s desk once he demanded to know where to purchase the items.

Going through the tedious motion of buying part of Talen’s gift, the blushing teen that recognized Thor guided him through the process and slipped back the extra money he gave her. Handing him the yellow bag, Thor smirked at Ralph who then rolled his eyes at his childish behavior.

Going store by store the duo were sprayed at when they were attacked according to Thor when they crossed the fragrance section to the lingerie store where a woman’s secret the god had to find out for himself. Ralph was beet red walking out of Victoria’s Secret with Thor in hand with another set of gifts for Talen.

He didn’t think the god would buy anything with sentimental value. Thor only saw the pleasures of buying something for Talen that would be pleasing within his eyes. Bearing gifts that would serve him in the end. He grumbled, “For goodness sakes just get her jewelry, women love jewelry. It’s sentimental and something they can always wear.”

Thor scoffed, “Talen will not go for such things. I have all the jewels in the world back in Asgard and she easily overlooked them seeing no value of them except for the things she already cherished in her heart.”

“What are you going to give her?” He had to be nosy and wonder what this god is going to give his friend; Thor can be a kind hearted god, but can be shallow at times seeing the things that he does. The confident grin that spread across his face gave Ralph a sense of uneasiness and honestly didn’t know what to expect.

Returning back to the farm, Talen already there and wrapped all the gifts stashing them somewhere safe. The pink hair is noticeable perched on the porch her boots clapping together with a bright smile when they parked their car.

Jumping off, she landed on her feet with a bit of a stumble before she jogs part of the way to greet the two of them. “Where did go off to?”

“Gave Thor a bit of a tour.”

“Really? Did you like it?” She listened to him tentatively, while Ralph tucked away the gifts someplace safe so he can have the joy of seeing Thor wrapping presents for the first time. What he wouldn’t give to see the prince do something domestic.

The paper cuts, shredding of wrapping paper and crooked folds only made the gift look like a complete mess. After several attempts, Ralph gave up commenting positively on Thor’s gift wrapping skills just to be released from that hell hole of determination of wrapping her gifts in perfect precision. He is never going to be as good as Talen, she had decades of practice and he had none.

Placing his gifts under the tree, Ralph glanced at the couple. Talen cheerfully built a gingerbread house with the help of Thor.

“It’s snowing!” Talen bounced on her heels forgetting her coat and only with her bright green Christmas sweater, she ran outside. It’s a rare sight to see her be so childlike and carefree for a long period of time. Usually she’s so reserved and bashfully hiding behind Thor and before the two were an item, she shyly spoke to her crush or anyone above her status.

Spinning on her toes, her agility came forth feeling the light snowflakes landing on the ground and around her. Thor carefully observed her, her light curly cotton candy pink hair flew around her, the white smile that is white as snow and her luscious pink lips curved into that beautiful serene expression that he adored so much.

When he offered to take her out into the woods, she didn’t hesitate to join him. It is routine for them to wander off on their own after a while and with Christmas approaching the more frequent Thor has been asking her for these long rides into the woods.

The morning of Christmas day, Talen woke up in the arms of her prince loving the warmth that his body gave to hers. A small blush crept up her neck, cheeks and finally her ears when she felt her naked body flushed against his. Biting her lower lip, she slowly lifted her head feeling the iron grip he had on her.

Given Thor is a heavy sleeper she relaxed into him again refraining from running down her those stairs like a child. She had all the time in the world to see what is under that Christmas tree; even more than that she is excited to see the looks on her employees’ faces on what she bought for them weeks prior. It’s hard to maintain a secret with being so giddy about this particular holiday, but she managed.

Spending most of her time with Thor, whom she also gotten a present for distracted her with other unmentionable activities that make her blush to this day. She never expected in her wildest dreams to obtain the impossible. The one god that she deemed unreachable because she is unfit to his by his side, the one that he will call his, yet he proudly did so after all they went through and he loves her.

He doesn’t say it much, but she feels it every single moment they are together and that is so much more valuable to her than him actually saying it. She also thought that he had his fill sexually prior to her, but he kept reminding her how intoxicating she is and no matter how much he drowns himself into her he cannot get enough.

In those times the old boastful egotistical Thor comes to light as he confidently told her that he will have her begging for more and more times than she will admit she has.

Talen had enough of thinking such perverted thoughts; she is just over the moon that he decided to join her in Midgard for this special holiday. No matter how much she loves Thor she couldn’t part with Midgard, holding it in high regard. She has returned to Asgard plenty of times to have that reminder of her feeling like an outcast to stay here.

“You’re thinking too loud.” Thor grumbled in his drowsy state.

The goddess lifted her head in shock to see those deep blue eyes staring sleepily back at her. “Sorry, I just—I thought I was being quiet.” She whispered.

The prince hummed in disagreement, “I could feel your confliction when there is no need for it. I’m surprised you didn’t rush down stairs since this is your favorite day.”

Talen shifted her face to the side, pressing her cheek to his bare chest as she softly said, “I did think about it, but I rather stay in bed with you.” She could feel his grin, his large hand trailing down the curve of her back.

“Didn’t think you would be asking for more after what transpired last night.” Thor gave Talen’s bum a firm squeezes causing her to jump. Blushing furiously, she stammered her response that it isn’t the case that she just wanted to sleep in with him. The prince is having too much fun with her inability to speak properly as he jokingly teased her endlessly. Talen gasped loudly as he hovered over her small body with that impishly grin she knew too well.

Their bare skin prickling at the cool air curling around the room, the duvet flew off due to Thor’s recent action. Talen’s legs naturally invited the prince, one on each side of his hips; she felt his arousal poking at her entrance.

Cheeks tinted pink; she gazed up at Thor with equal share of love and adoration in their eyes. Flushing against one another, they became one leaving the goddess breathless underneath. His lips muffled the small moan emitting from her lips as he slowly moved inside of her, embodying in her warmth and tenderness that she invoked.

Her tentative hands ran smoothly down his back, letting her legs curls around his waist to bring him closer to her. It is impossible to refuse such a god. Talen could never refuse him, not when they were children and definitely not now.

She had him all to herself and this is all she could possibly could ever want.

Her hips met with his with small moans and purrs curling from her throat when his lips attached themselves to her neck. Talen doubted that they would be downstairs any time soon and a large part of her hoped that Ralph arrived late.

Her worries disappeared when he hiked her left leg higher giving them another sensational angle to divulge in.

It felt like hours before they came down those steps, freshly out of the shower which became another sexual experience for Talen and will never look at her shower the same again. She especially felt naughty when she spotted Ralph and a few of her employers sitting around the couch waiting for Talen to arrive.

Talen flushed when she saw all eyes giving her a knowing look which she avoided. Thor only smirked as the goddess dashed across the living room to retrieve her presents from under the tree. Distributed them around her employers, she beamed with joy seeing the sly looks being replaced by looks of happiness. Each one embraced her tightly, thanking them for their gift.

Each one exchanged gifts letting everyone have a spot in the limelight per say when they opened their gift. Talen loved all the gifts that she has been given and gave an extra hug to Ralph being the closest one to him, he gave her incenses and assortment of bright colored beanies, one that she decided to wear in that moment.

When Thor and Talen exchanged their gifts all eyes were on them. Talen smiled widely seeing the clothes that he chose for her. Ralph will admit that he is wrong since she promised to wear the outfit right after the gift exchange, but stifled a laugh when the redness of her face could not compare to like no other when she lifted the lingerie piece from another box.

Stuttering, she thanked Thor before placing it in the box. The prince bluntly asked if she is going to wear that underneath the clothes that he bought for her. Talen’s gaze danced around her employers before giving a subtle nod hoping no one, but Thor caught it.

Sadly it isn’t the case.

When Thor revealed his gift, Talen shyly told him it is a pendant for good luck and some of her healing properties will come to light whenever he deems it necessary, but he must use it wisely for it only works a few times.

Ralph wondered what she had gotten and seeing that he actually appreciated the gift made him sigh in relief. He didn’t think he would actually like it and seeing the moment of confidence within Talen that he will like it only made him push her to give it to him when she started to doubt herself.

When the moment passed, Ralph wondered what other gift Thor had up his sleeve since he boastfully told him that he had a gift of sentiment. So far, the god has done nothing. The day as passed leaving the moon to rise illuminating the farm and her employees left several hours ago to celebrate with their families.

Ralph was also about to leave, but Thor convinced him to stay. Solely for the purpose of showing him that he is good at giving gifts. The human rolled his eyes as he sat on the stairs watching the two walk a little ways before Thor beckoned him to come over.

Talen looked utterly lost as Thor clasped his hands with hers. “Talen,” He has never heard such tenderness in the god’s voice it made him reconsider the Asgardian’s intentions. “I promised to give you something valuable upon this special day that you love so much and a token of my appreciation of you always being by my side, I give you this.”

Thor fished out a red piece of cloth from his pocket, Talen gasped when he gingerly tied the piece around her tiny wrist as he said with pride, “Thor, son of Odin hereby commit my heart, my soul, my very being to thee. To the end of time, my heart belongs to you…I love you.”

During the small speech, tears started to waver in her eyes before spilling over by the middle of it. She felt so honored, so loved and so damn lucky to be with him. Beyond shocked, she whispered, “I love you too.”

Standing beside Talen, Ralph stood utterly confused and shocked as he watched the two shares a passionate kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! This is the only Christmas type thing I might be doing and I am crossing my fingers I get to update Close Your Eyes. Tell me what you think of this and btw does anyone know how to fix the links on my summary page of this story? No matter what I do it always does that and when I try to fix it these weird letters and number appear at the end of edge link. It's annoying and hopefully someone can help me fix it XD
Other than that hope you enjoyed this one-shot.

P.S. Talen and Thor did NOT get married. It's a tradition in Talen's family more so her father's side that when you are to commit to someone you bound them with a piece of clothing, a piece of Thor's cape to promise them to be theirs. Sounds like a wedding, but for someone as royal as Thor, there would be a lot more than that haha