‹ Prequel: Just You

Seven Days

The Next Morning

The next morning, I woke up to my phone beeping beside me. I opened one eye and groggily punched in the passcode to open the text message awaiting. It was from Adam, saying that he loved me and hoped I had a great day. Smiling, I flipped onto my back and replied with a simple “I love you too”. As soon as the message sent, there was a knocking on my door. I rolled over the bed and landed on my feet. The person knocked again as I padded across the wooden floor. I opened the door to see Mikayla looking impatient.

“Where’s the fire?” I joked.

“You overslept. We’re on a tight schedule, so I suggest you get ready now.” I almost laughed at the fierce determination on her face but figured it would be bad for my health. Instead, I nodded and shut the door.

I hurried into the bathroom, took a quick shower and dressed. I wasn’t even done brushing my teeth when I heard another knock at the door. I opened the door with my hair in a towel, a toothbrush hanging out of my mouth and toothpaste going down my chin. It was Mikayla again.

“You’re not done?” She sighed and grabbed my arm, pulling me into the hallway and down the stairs. Suddenly I was in the living room, where the bridal party, Jared, and Jensen congregated. I wiped at the spittle on my chin, pulled the toothbrush from my mouth, and swallowed the remaining toothpaste with a grimace.

“Everybody, this is Anjilika.” There were four other women in the bridal shower. I recognized Megan Padalecki but the other three were new to me. Two of them exchanged smirks, while the other looked suitably embarrassed. My eyes flicked to where Jared and Jensen sat; Jared was shaking with silent laughter while Jensen was elbowing him in the side with a smile on his face.

I could have killed Mikayla.

Megan broke the silence first. “Right, well, since we’re all here now,” she gave me a gentle smile, “I think it’s time for us to go for our measurements. Shelby and Alice are riding with Mikayla and me; Kay, you’re taking Anjilika.” There was nodding all around and she continued. “Great. Are we ready?”

The two that smirked at me stood and followed Megan and Mikayla out of the room as the third, Kay I presumed, walked toward me. She held out her hand for me to shake.

“Hi, I’m Kay.” She said. She was of average height, with wavy brown hair and glasses covering light colored eyes.

“Anjilika.” I answered as I grabbed her hand and shook it.

“I can wait until you’re done if you like.” I smiled gratefully at her.

“Thanks. I’ll be just a second.” I ran up the stairs and into the guest bathroom. I rinsed out my mouth and put the toothbrush on the counter while unwrapping my hair and throwing it up in a bun on the top of my head. I didn’t have any makeup on but who had time for that? So I walked into the bedroom and was startled to find Jensen in there.

“Jesus, make a sound next time.” I gasped, holding my hand to my chest. He smiled, almost nervously, and looked down.

“Sorry.” I walked to my suitcase and grabbed a purse.

“What’s up?” I asked as I put my phone and wallet in the purse.

“I was just wondering if we could talk after the dress stuff.”

“Why?” I eyed him suspiciously, to which he sighed.

“I just need to talk to you.” I looked at my phone, ten minutes had already passed.

“Fine, whatever. I’ll see you here after.” He grinned and nodded.

“Great!” I sighed as I pushed past him.

“Yeah, great.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two! Please comment! I'm waiting to put up Crossroad Blues until a time where I feel comfortable having multiple stories. Sorry guys, I'm just trying to take things slowly.