Status: Please let me know if you find any typos.

Batfleck Rising

Chapter 3

"So wait, let me get this straight. You want to dress up as Batman?"

"Yeah."

"And you want to go around and act like you're him?"

"Uh-huh."

"Wow... well, okay."

Jennifer and Ben were sitting at the dinner table, talking over breakfast. They sat facing each other, and had ignored the food on their plates for the most part as Ben tried to make his wife understand his plight.

"You aren't actually going to look for trouble, are you?" asked Jennifer, as she set her knife and fork down. "Because if you are- "

Ben raised his hand, beckoning for silence.

"Listen," he said slowly, lowering his hand and looking directly into the whites of Jennifer's eyes. "I don't want you to worry. Trust me, this isn't going to be like the movies. I'm not wanting to imitate Kick-Ass or something" Jennifer couldn't help but smile at this part, and Ben did as well. "I just want to get to know the role a bit better. That's all," he concluded.

Jennifer looked at her food for a moment before replying. "Well, as long as you don't do anything stupid, I don't see the harm in it." She placed her elbows on the table and cradled her head atop her interlocked fingers.

"I'm glad you see it that way," Ben said, with a smile.

"Where are you going to get the suit?" asked Jennifer.

"I'll think of something," Ben replied, before taking a sip of his orange juice.

"Alright," said Jennifer, as she picked up her fork. "Well, eat up for now than. You can't go out fighting crime on an empty stomach."

Ben chuckled and followed her lead. "No, I guess not."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is going to be a bit short since it's Christmas and I'm super busy as a result. I just wanted to knock something out quickly in case anyone out there was waiting.