Status: Finally complete.

Seven Date Me

The Tired and Lethargic Date

My date with Gerard on Monday was stuck firmly in my mind from the second he got out of my car up until the moment I arrived at his house on Tuesday morning. I’d called in sick to work so I could spend the entire day with Gerard. Surprisingly, my sick act was quite convincing and my boss insisted that I took Wednesday off as well. I had no intention of arguing with him, so I coughed loudly and agreed. Before I left my apartment that Tuesday morning I searched my DVD collection for movies to take to Gerard’s house, then prepared a chai latte for him.

Tuesday’s date was just something simple; a movie day spent on the couch with junk food. Gerard, as dictated by his multiple personality disorder, would be tired and lethargic; going out wasn’t something that he was up for. This was the only date of the entire seven that I actually told him what we would be doing beforehand.

I arrived at Gerard’s house at ten o’clock. I made the assumption that he would want a sleep in on Tuesdays, otherwise I would have gone over at eight. Since I knew I’d be with Gerard for hours and that he wouldn’t be going anywhere, I did something different and parked on the driveway. When I got out of the car I stupidly allowed my mind to wander to the future – the distant future. I thought about how good it would feel to come home to that place every day, to park on that driveway and walk the garden path to the small yellow house, to open the front door where Gerard would be standing waiting to greet me with a kiss. It was a dangerous thought to be having before our third date had started, but I really liked the idea. Actually, I still like the idea.
I knocked on the door and waited for Gerard to open it. He took longer than yesterday to come to the door and appeared far more casual with his tussled hair, dressed in his blue and red Superman pyjamas.

“Hey, Frankie,” he greeted me with half lidded eyes.

He opened the door wider for me to step inside. While Gerard shut and locked the door I took a quick look about his house. We were in a wide hallway that opened up to a combined kitchen and dining area; up the hallway to the left were three doors, and to my right was a gliding timber door. The floor was laid with large white tiles and the walls were olive in colour. The door shut, Gerard turned around and placed a soft kiss to my temple. My skin was left warm and tingling from his touch.

“Come through to the living room,” he said, walking toward the gliding door. He slid it open to reveal a beige carpeted room with an overstuffed couch and matching arm chair, bookshelves, and quirky artwork. “Sit anywhere.”

I noticed an empty breakfast bowl on the coffee table in front of the sofa and guessed that Gerard had been sitting there when I arrived; a colourful crochet blanket was bunched up on the middle of the couch. I took a seat at the opposite end to where the bowl was placed, then leaned forward to put the chai latte I’d made earlier on the table. Gerard smiled at me in thanks and went back to where I assumed he had been sitting, tucked his legs up under himself, and spread the blanket over us.

“Sorry I’m not going to be much fun today,” he told me; the word ‘today’ was muffled by a yawn. “I’m beat.”

“Hey, that’s what this whole seven date experience is about, Gerard – learning to adapt a relationship around your personalities,” I said truthfully. “There’s nothing wrong with curling up on a couch together and watching movies.”

He smiled at me lazily. “It sounds like a perfect date to me, Frankie.”

“Good. Now, let me put on a DVD so we can get to the curling up together part.”

He huffed out a laugh and handed me the remote. I got up and put on a great movie that I deem a classic – My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It’s funny, it’s romantic, and because I knew it like the back of my tattooed hand it meant that I could concentrate on Gerard. It took me a little longer than I’d like to admit to figure out Gerard’s DVD player, but once I figured out how to open the disc drawer I was able to resume my place on the couch beside him. It didn’t take me long to realise that I could exploit today’s personality for my own selfish desires.

I stretch out on the couch a little and spread my arms out. “Come lay down with me,” I said casually, although I was pinning a lot of hope on him crawling into my arms.

“Well, cuddles are always welcomed when I’m tired,” he replied.

He sat up and removed the blanket so he could lie down the other way. I opened my legs so his hips could sit between them and he could lean back against my chest. When he had replaced the blanket and settled back into me I wrapped my arms around his warm body, letting my hands rest on his soft stomach. He sighed contentedly, bringing a happy grin to my lips.

Gerard laid in my arms from the time Toula started her computer course right up until when the credits rolled. He barely moved at all the whole time, and while my body did start go numb in some places, I really enjoyed it that way. About halfway through the movie, just after Ian had proposed, I noticed that Gerard had dozed off. He looked very cute lying there with his mouth open slightly as he emitted quiet snores. I lowered my head and kissed his hair, taking the opportunity to breathe in the scent of his shampoo. The action woke him up; he tilted his head back so he could smile at me before stretching up to kiss my chin. I held him tighter for the rest of the movie, dreading the moment I’d have to let him go to put on another DVD.

“That was a good pick, Frankie,” he said drowsily when I pressed the eject button on the remote. “It’s been so long since I’ve watched it.”

“I’m glad you liked it.”

The next movie I put on was Jaws. Gerard explained to me that it was actually his brother’s favourite movie, despite the fact he was scared of sharks, so in turn it had become one of his personal favourites, too. Before I played the movie Gerard heaved himself of the couch with a great amount of effort, his back cracking loudly, and led me to the kitchen to get some snacks. I grabbed the soda from the fridge while Gerard microwaved us popcorn, then we returned to the couch where we swapped positions.

Jaws has never really scared me simply because of how far video quality and CGI have come since the movie was made, but I let Gerard believe I was frightened by it a little. He held me close when the ‘scary’ parts came on and rested his hand on my hip during the rest of it. Occasionally he would kiss my cheek, but for the most part he was just trying to keep himself awake by focussing on the movie.

“Can you handle another movie?” I asked him as I sat up and reach for the remote as the movie wrapped.

He tilted his head back so the arm of the couch was supporting his neck; his eyes were closed and he looked really peaceful, until he yawned in a way that resembled a cow eating grass. “I want to say yes; I just need a minute.”

Giving him that minute meant that I was able to scan his beautiful face while his eyes were closed. His pale skin resembled porcelain, looking soft and smooth to the touch; it took a lot of strength on my part not to reach out and stoke his cheek. Long eyelashes fanned out over the bags under his eyes and twitched slightly. I watched the way he rubbed his lips together to wet them. The temptation to kiss him was great than to touch him.

I caved.

Doing my best to not make my intentions known, I shifted on the couch cushion carefully until I was up on my knees. He didn’t move or open his eyes, which was exactly what I was hoping for. I waited a few seconds before I lowered myself on top of him. Our chests, torsos, pelvises, and legs were pressed together.

Gerard’s eyes opened leisurely. He smiled at me warmly. “Hi...”

I grin at him. “Hi.”

We hold eye contact for a moment, he with lazily eyes, me with mine trying to pull off a seductive look. He let out a breathy chuckle and put his hands on my sides, stroking the skin that had become exposed when I moved. The gesture was all the encouragement I needed to lower my lips to his. I kissed him once, twice, a third time until he moved his hand up to my cheek and began to kiss me back. We kissed with open mouths, letting our tongues explore each other languidly. Our hands caressed each other matching the movements of our tongues.

“mmm,” he moaned into my mouth, which coaxed a smile out of me.

“Let me...” I kissed the corner of his mouth, “make it...” I kissed his jaw, “better...” I kissed his neck.

He turned his head to the side and rubbed my back encouragingly as I kissed along his neck down to his collarbone. I nipped at the bone, kissed, sucked, and swept my tongue over his warm skin until I had left my mark. Then, satisfied, I returned my lips to his mouth and kissed him again.

I pulled back, unable to keep the smirk from my face. “Are you ready for another DVD now?”

A throaty chuckle escaped his lips. “I’m in need of cold shower, I think.”

I ran my finger over his lips, down his chin and neck, over his bobbing Adams apple and traced lazy circles over his sternum. “In that case,” I said, “I better be going.”

“I think that would be best,” he said, although he was smiling. “But if my body had its way I would keep you here forever.”

I pressed my lips to his once more. “I hope your body can convince your mind of that after date seven.”

“It’s already campaigning pretty hard,” he said, a hint of seduction to his tired voice.

I giggled like a juvenile and said, “Hard.”

That’s when he bucked his hips into mine. I could feel his arousal pressing into my abdomen.

Very hard,” he replied. His lips met mine again, kissing me more forcefully than any of the other kisses we had shared that day. “Now go, before I drag you into the shower with me.”

It took a lot of effort, but I disentangled myself from him and got up from the couch. He held his hand out so I could help him up as well. He walked me to the front door and pulled me into him for a long, tender hug.

“Thanks for cuddling with me today,” he said.

“Ditto,” I replied. I stood on my tip toes to kiss his lips sweetly.

He opened the door for me and walked me out to the driveway. We shared another embrace before I regretfully let him go and got into my car. He waved at me as I reversed down his driveway and drove off down the street. It wasn't until my car was almost out sight that he headed back to the house.

Once again I was left anxiously waiting for the next time I’d get to see him. There was something about Gerard that was growing on me, and I don't mean the obvious double entendre either.