Frozen Heart

Chapter 9

It was a beautiful day in Magnolia, as usual, and Jack was happy to enjoy it.

Floating over Magnolia on a cool breeze, she lounged in the sunlight, humming like a content cat.

Like this, she could almost feel-

“Jack!”

Yanked from her thoughts, the winter-girl twisted around to see Levy on the street below, waving enthusiastically with Jet and Droy by her side.

Brightening at the sight of her favorite mage, Jack swooped down with a grace born of practice, halting a scant few inches from the ground to float in front of the petite blue-haired girl with a smile.

“Levy! You’re back!”

“We just finished our last job this morning.” The Solid Script Mage confirmed, beaming. “I was wondering if you wanted to come with us to the library again.”

Jet and Droy wilted at the thought of sharing their precious Levy’s attention, but the white-haired girl paid them no heed.

“Aw, come on!” She whined, blue eyes big and shimmering. “It’s a beautiful day! Let’s enjoy it!”

Levy hesitated a moment, her love for books warring with her curiosity, and that alone shocked her teammates.

“What do you have in mind?” She wondered, curiosity winning out.

“There’s a lake nearby I was gonna flash-freeze that’s perfect for skating.” Jack informed, seeing her chance. “You could come with!”

Brown eyes widened in awe at the thought, imagining a winter wonderland in the middle of summer, and she was caught.

“Well…Just for a little while…”

Jack practically squealed in joy, oblivious to Droy and Jet’s dumbstruck expressions as she spun around the laughing mage, full to the brim with ecstatic energy.

“Great! Let’s go!”

Taking hold of Levy’s wrist with a sleeve-covered hand, they took off, leaving Jet and Droy behind in a cloud of dust.

They both reeled, unable to comprehend what had just happened for a few long moments.

Had Levy just turned down a visit to the library?

Jet and Droy shared a look.

“H-Hey!”

“Wait for us!”