Frozen Heart

Chapter 24

The days following the attack, and the interrogations by the Council’s Rune Knights, were hectic for Fairy Tail, especially for it’s newest member.

Gajeel was rather surprised at how quickly he was accepted, considering his former allegiance.

When Phantom Lord was forcibly disbanded by the Magic Council, and the frozen Jose taken away for safe-keeping, he figured that was it.

No other guild would take in a former member of a guild that had tried to destroy another, and his reputation preceded him.

So when Makarov approached with an offer to join Fairy Tail, Gajeel was rather surprised.

Jack’s never wrong when it comes to people’s hearts.” The old man had said in explanation, grinning. “She asked me to show you a way out of the darkness, and I couldn’t say no.”

Knowing that his snowflake had stuck her neck out for him was enough to convince Gajeel to accept, even if it was a bit of a blow to his pride.

The Iron Dragon Slayer was immediately put to work alongside his new guildmates in building the new guildhall, where they accepted his presence, more or less.

Apparently, Jack’s influence was stronger than their initial distrust, and the only one who continued to have an issue was Salamander.

Not that it was much of a surprise, considering how territorial dragons could be