Frozen Heart

Chapter 47

By the time they got to Fairy Tail, the normal chaos had already erupted.

Jack floated in calmly, staff held lazily in one hand, and Gajeel grumbled as he watched the brawl quickly taking over the guildhall.

Levy hummed, skipping past him as if she hardly noticed, and Mirajane smiled at the sight of them.

“Jack! You look much better today!”

“What, I looked like crap before?” The winter-girl teased, hovering over a barstool as Levy took a seat on her right.

“Like death warmed over.” The Take-Over mage replied cheerfully, obviously pleased that the half-Spirit had not lost her sense of humor. “Hot chocolate and a fruit smoothie, right?”

Both girls nodded, happily taking their respective drinks as Gajeel finally sat in the stool on the winter guardian’s left, scowling over his shoulder at the ensuing fight.

“So, how was your first night at Gajeel’s?” Mirajane wondered innocently despite the underlying meaning in her words.

“Fine.” Jack replied slowly, eyes narrowed in suspicion. “Why do you ask?”

“Just curious.” The She-Demon assured, a wicked glint in her dark blue eyes. “Did you two have fun?”

Gajeel about fell off his stool, Levy choked on her smoothie, and Jack dropped onto her own seat in shock.

MIRA!”

“What?” Mirajane voiced, far-too-innocent. “I was only wondering.”

“Wonder about something else!” Jack retorted, frost creeping across her face.

Gajeel was more than ready to tell the barmaid where she could stuff all her questions when a massive hand clapped down on his shoulder and nearly sent the Dragon Slayer toppling again.

“Congratulations!” Elfman boomed, practically beaming. “It takes a real man to satisfy the needs of two women!”

Levy hid her bright red face with a squeak of embarrassment, and Jack glared at the man’s smiling older sister.

“Traitor…”

“Jack Frost!”

Turning towards the shout, she yelped as heavy body slammed into her, only staying upright because her attacker was hugging so tightly.

“What the-?!”

“Juvia is so happy Jack Frost is alright!” The rain woman gushed, practically squeezing herself into Jack’s chest. “Juvia heard about Jack Frost being in the hospital, but was too scared to go! Juvia did not want to see Jack Frost hurt!”

Relaxing slightly as she recognized the Water mage, Jack pat her on the back, contemplative.

“You know, I don’t really mind a woman between my legs, but I figured it would be someone…different.”

Levy was about ready to combust at just the thought of who she could mean, and Gajeel, for one, went a little foggy-eyed as he imagined his snowflake and bookworm in that sort of position…

Seemingly oblivious that she had spoken at all, Juvia leapt to her feet, cheery.

“But Juvia is so happy that Jack Frost found her loves, just like Juvia found Grey!”

Jack stared up at her, dumbfounded, for a few long moments.

“…What?”

The Water mage would have kept gushing if she had not noticed Natsu and said Ice Make mage teasing Gajeel, which prompted a new turn to the absolutely mushy romantic that made even Mirajane a little uneasy.

Turning to Levy, Jack could only shrug at everyone’s behavior, winning a small smile from the horribly embarrassed Script Mage.

Then Erza appeared, stoic as ever, and that was never a good sign.

“Hey, Erza…” Jack greeted, already nervous.

“Jacqueline. Levy.” The Requip mage replied, barreling through the pleasantries like a bull. “If you are in need of assistance, I am more than willing to deal out punishment to the perpetrator.”

Eying the sword she held in one hand, Jack tried her very best not to flinch at what the red-haired woman meant by ‘punishment’.

“That’s not really necessary…”

“Couldn’t Gajeel just eat your sword?” Levy voiced, curious.



Erza about-faced and walked away, mumbling about finding a wooden weapon strong enough to slice iron, and both girls sweat-dropped.

“Oops…”

“Levy! Jack!”

Glad for the distraction, they turned to give Lucy rather strained smiles.

“Hi, Lucy!”

“Hey.”

“Is it true?” The blonde wondered, bright-eyed. “Are you three really…”

Levy’s forehead made a rather impressive THUMP as it connected with the bar, and Jack repressed the very strong urge to start screaming.

She almost did when Jet and Droy popped up, wailing about how it could not possible be true, their Levy would never do such a thing, and-

ENOUGH!”

The entire guild fell silent, and Jack took the chance to take a deep breath, attempting to calm herself…

“Hello, Jack!” Makarov greeted, hopping onto the bar and already tipsy. “Have a good time with Gajeel last night?”

And Jack snapped.

With a roar that would make any dragon proud, her magic exploded outward in a wave of frost and snow, throwing anyone unlucky enough not to find shelter into the walls or ceiling.

Dizzy with the sudden location change from a stool in front of the bar to in Gajeel’s arms behind it, Levy peeked out with him to see the damage.

Every surface was iced over to varying degrees, with Jack standing in the epicenter, slowly calming at the release of her pent-up frustration.

“Anyone else want to poke fun?” She demanded, glare sweeping over the guilty parties.

Every single one of them shook their head in the negative, wide-eyed, and Jack nodded firmly once, satisfied.

“Good. Because if I hear any of you talking about this again, you’ll be meeting the business end of my staff. Got it?”

They nodded so fast it must have caused whiplash, and Gajeel snickered at his guildmates’ expense.

Levy could only shake her head, hiding a smile behind one hand as Jack demanded chocolate cake as payment for dealing with such idiocy.

Only these two