Frozen Heart

Chapter 6

Hiroyuki was, in a manner of speaking, rather upset.

Eisenwald was a dark guild that had been on her radar for some time, mostly for their constant attempts in the last few years to gain an audience with her.

It seemed they had grown impatient with their search, and had moved onto another harebrained scheme.

Idiots.” She seethed, voice like a glacier cracking.

Did they not realize how dangerous Lullaby was?

Didn’t they think using such ancient, dark magic might be foolish?

Did they think at all?


The Snow Queen would not stand for this nonsense.

So she did not go to Onibas, or wait for the Fairy Tail wizards to join her.

Instead, Hiroyuki looked further into the situation herself, relentless as a blizzard.

So when she finally unearthed Eisenwald’s plan, she was understandably…annoyed.

If they want to see death

Ice formed in her clenched fist, elongating into a staff before a wicked blade took shape on the end.

I will show them their own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onibas train station was in chaos, and not the good kind.

People were fleeing, workers were shouting, and smoke rose up from the damaged building as a signal that the fighting had long since begun.

Overlooking the pandemonium below, Hiroyuki considered intervening, scythe leaning against one shoulder as she thought.

Fairy Tail seemed to be having no trouble, if the property damage was anything to go by…

Her cape snapped as the wind shifted, and the Snow Queen straightened, grip tightening on her weapon.

A Wind Wall activated around the train station, kicking up dust and debris into a cyclone that would prove impenetrable from the inside.

“Damn.”

In a swirl of diamond dust, she appeared by the entrance, just outside the magical obstruction.

The injured redhead within took notice of her presence immediately, and some of the tension in her shoulders eased.

“Snow Queen.”

“Titania.”

“Are you capable of dispelling this Wind Wall?” Erza questioned, straight to the point.

“Yes, with time.” She answered, tilting her head to take in the funnel fully. “The caster was not in too much of a hurry.”

Raising her free hand, Hiroyuki called forth her own magical circle, which pulsed with white light as it activated.

“If you find someone who specializes in removing seals, this will be done quickly.”

Nodding once in reply, Erza turned to reenter the station, a woman on a mission.

Once alone, the Snow Queen focused her full attention on the intricate spell work, seal glowing brighter against her fingertips.

She would just have to dispel this quickly, and put off her rampage for later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey, Snowie!”

Hiroyuki turned her head just slightly, and Natsu went pale at the glare he could imagine her giving at that moment.

“How far have you gotten dispelling this Wind Wall?” Erza questioned, dropping her unconscious load on the floor.

“Not far enough.” She answered, attention returning to her work. “My knowledge in breaking seals is rudimentary, at best.”

“How long?”

The statue of woman stayed silent for a few moments, making the others increasingly uneasy.

“…Too long.”

“If Erigor makes it to Clover before us, he’ll kill all the masters!” Grey nearly shouted, frustrated.

“We don’t have time for this!” Natsu agreed, encasing his fist in flames in an attempt to punch through the Wind Wall himself.

When he was, predictably, thrown back, Hiroyuki watched him for a few moments, fingers slowly curling into a fist as the seal brightened.

“Can you find your own way out?”

Lucy paled as she realized the implications, either from being left trapped or what would happen to Erigor no one could tell.

“We will.” Erza replied, determined.

Nodding once, Hiroyuki lowered her hand, the seal vanishing as diamond dust swirled up around her feet.

She disappeared in a matter of seconds, destination firmly in mind.

If Erigor the Reaper wanted to deal with death, she would gladly oblige him.