Status: Complete! Thanks for reading!

More Like a Movie

first date.

There are a number of words I would use to describe Vic Fuentes. For one, he’s kind of pretentious. The attitude usually comes with the major, but he takes it overboard. He truly believes that he’s better than anyone else and he lets it be known whenever he can. I don’t exactly argue with him though, because I’ve never met anyone as talented or passionate as he is. If I had half of the ability he did, I’m sure I’d act the same way.

He’s more than just that, however. Vic’s stubborn, moody, he has a tendency to throw a fit when he doesn’t get his way and yet he is one hundred percent, without a doubt, the single most adorable person I have ever met in my life. It was so strange to me, describing a guy like Vic as adorable, but he was literally sitting, breathing proof of that very word.

Especially now, curled up next to me on his bed catching up on where we left off with Orange Is the New Black. I couldn’t stop stealing glances at him. Well, not really stealing. It was more along the lines of fucking drowning in him completely while he remained totally immersed in the show. I was actually being so painfully obvious, but either he didn’t even notice or he just didn’t care.

I sighed in content and snuggled into his side, smiling to myself when I felt his arm wrap around me. I tried so hard to pay attention to the screen in front of us, but I couldn’t tear my gaze away from him. Every once in a while he’d laugh and the little action was enough to make me smile. It was beautiful; he was beautiful and I was extremely happy.

“Kellin, I know you’re watching me.” The words came from Vic’s lips in a whisper, but I could still hear the taunting behind them. This was familiar. I could remember him saying something similar to me early on when we first met and I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. Months later, that hasn’t changed. He was still so enchanting to look at. His eyes shifted from the screen to me and I blushed as soon as we made contact. The smirk on his face made me want to roll my eyes, but whatever he was thinking was most likely true so I refrained, choosing to groan instead and bury my face in his shoulder.

He laughed and ran his fingers through my hair knowing that it would get me to look up at him. Hesitantly I obeyed his request and met his stare, finding him smiling brightly and taking a second to lean down and peck my lips. "You're cute as fuck, do you know that?" He murmured before kissing me again.

I scrunched my nose at the comment, but eagerly kissed him back, tangling my fingers in his hair. I loved this; kissing him whenever I wanted to just because I could. It was safe to say that after the moment on the bridge everything completely changed, but in a really good way.

“Vic,” I sighed, breaking the kiss and sitting up just a little to take the laptop away from him, placing it on the bed beside me. He pouted at my behavior but did nothing to stop me, instead moving his free hand to the small of my back. When I looked back over at him, his head was tilted to the side, giving me the cutest confused expression. I laughed a little and turned in his arms, placing a kiss to his cheek before speaking. “We’ve been lying in bed watching Netflix pretty much all day. Don’t get me wrong, I love it, but I feel like we should do something productive.”

“Kellin, babe,” he expressed, “it is Sunday – day of rest – we don’t have to do anything we don’t want.”

I rolled my eyes at his little comment and resituated myself so I was in his lap, hands on his chest while he gripped my thighs. He may not feel the need to go out and be one with the world today, but I didn’t want to stay in bed. I didn’t care what we did, honestly, but I wanted out of this dark, cluttered room and I wanted him to pay attention to an issue he had been neglecting.

There were a couple of ways I could get him up and moving, so with that thought in mind I exhaled a breath and began placing kisses on his neck. They were light, mild kisses where my lips were barely touching him, but I knew they were having an effect. I saw the goosebumps pop up on his chest as I grazed his collarbone.

“Kellin,” he gasped, wrapping his arms around my back and pulling me down against him. I took the opportunity with our faces so close to press our lips together, kissing him heavily like I knew he liked. He responded the same, nipping my bottom lip to try and take it further. That wasn’t my intention, however, so I stopped before things got heated and disconnected our lips with a loud smacking sound echoing throughout the room.

“Not now,” I breathed against his mouth, sitting up and putting my hands back on his chest. He groaned and tried to knot his fingers in my shirt to pull me back in. “No,” I slapped his hand away. “It’s been three days,” I started, huffing when I watched Vic roll his eyes. “Vic, stop, it’s been three fucking days and you haven’t done a single thing to try and fix it.”

“I know,” he snapped, throwing his hands over his face and letting out a muffled groan. “But I really don’t want to talk about this right now.”

I held my lip between my teeth to keep back any snarky comments I wanted to make. Sometimes I hated how stubborn he could be. He never wanted to see anyone else’s side of things. He always had to be the one in the right, all the time.

“Tony is one of your best friends,” I whispered and started rubbing up and down his chest to try and calm him down and coax him into talking. “You can’t tell me you don’t miss him because you’ve been somewhat miserable and the only people you’ve bothered to interact with lately are me and Mike.”

He snorted at my words and removed his hands from his face. We both fell silent after that, neither one of us willing to say the next thing. Vic didn’t want to admit that he was wrong and I didn’t want to push him. He knows that he fucked up and that he should be the one to apologize, but he’s too proud. The only person he can vulnerable with is me. I felt lucky in that way.

“I screwed up, Kellin. He was only trying to help; to protect you and me and do what was best and I screwed up.” Vic finally admitted. His relationship with Tony was special. They were always there for each other and I knew that Vic was feeling a shitload of guilt and regret, but he had to realize that sitting around moping and avoiding Tony was not the answer at all.

“Hey,” I leant forward and kissed him, encouraging him to look at me. I could tell he was reluctant to do so, but eventually I saw his big brown eyes and I gave him my best reassuring smile. “You knew you were wrong. That’s what’s important here. You realize your mistake so now you can fix it.”

He didn’t say anything for a minute and I thought that maybe I crossed a line bringing up Tony in the first place, but then a small smile made its way to his lips and he sat up making it so I slid down into his lap, wrapping his arms around me once more. “Did I make an awful mistake?” He teased.

“What do you mean?” I frowned.

“Asking you to be my boyfriend? You seem to be a lot smarter than I am.” The smirk on his face only grew and I gasped, pretending to be offended as I slapped his chest. He stuck his tongue out and I placed a hand on his neck, kissing him sweetly, smiling at the word boyfriend.

Vic Fuentes was my boyfriend.

It happened the same day Mike told me about Celeste. After I found Vic we went back to his dorm and talked for a couple of hours. He told me his side and more about her and I didn’t do anything but listen. He was hesitant at first, but he trusted me and he knew that I’d never hurt him. That’s when he gained the courage and asked me and I wasted no time in saying yes.

“Alright,” he breathed, pulling away and bringing a hand up to my face. “You win.” I bit my lip and smiled down at him. “I’ll go talk to Tony.”

“Thank God,” I mumbled, laying my head down on his chest. “He’s feeling the same way you are. I should know I live with him.” Beneath me I felt Vic’s body jostle about as he laughed and I joined in, finding humor in the situation.

When our laughter died down, we continued to lay together in silence. His hand ran up and down my back in a comforting manner and I shivered at his touch, but it was nice. Thinking about it more, the realization that Vic was my first real boyfriend hit me. I had my past relationships, if that’s what you want to even call them, but this was totally different. Vic kissed me and held me and he treated me like his other half. I had never experienced that before.

“Hey, Kels?” His voice broke me from my train of thought and I pushed myself up so I could see him properly.

“Yeah?”

He was quiet for a second before placing his hands on either side of my face and looking straight into my eyes. Suddenly I felt nervous under his stare, but Vic always had a way of making me feel safe.

“I haven’t been in a relationship in a really long time,” he said. “I mean like I’ve hooked up but that was just sex.” I cringed at his words and tried to burn the image of Vic with other people out of my mind. He must have noticed my discomfort because he frowned and kissed my forehead. “I’m sorry. You don’t want to hear that.”

“No, I don’t.” I confirmed with a grunt and went to pull away from him but he held me in place.

“What I’m trying to say is that I really like you, Kellin. A lot. I have from the very start even if I didn’t show it. I’m terrified of being with you, but I don’t want that to hold me back. I want this to be different. I need this to be different because I’m totally amazed by you and I want this to work out. You’re so much more than just a casual fling to me.”

His words came out in a rush, but I caught every single one and processed them as they entered my head. While I was concerned that he was still so afraid of being serious with someone, I was flattered that he chose me.

“It’s going to work out,” was all I said before pressing my lips to his. He nodded and kissed me back, cupping my face affectionately. I had faith in us and in this relationship. It would take some time before he felt completely comfortable and safe to be in a relationship with me, but I wasn’t complaining. I already moved at a slow pace in everything else. This was no different.

“We should go find Tony then,” he shrugged, motioning for me to get up. I did as he asked and crawled out of his lap, standing from the bed and grabbing my jacket. Vic slipped on a sweater of his own before taking my hand. “And after, can I take you on our first date? There’s somewhere I want to go.” He mumbled shyly and I smiled at the great Vic Fuentes being nervous.

“Absolutely,” I nodded and walked forward, throwing my arms around his neck. “Boyfriend.”

+


“Wait,” Tony stopped us the second he saw us walk into the room. His eyes weren’t focused on me or the fact that his ex-best friend stood right before him; instead he stared wide-eyed at our hands which were connected and hanging down between us. “What the hell is this?”

I was still getting used to the whole PDA situation since Vic wanted so badly to keep us a secret before when we were just fooling around. I was still caught off guard every now and then when Vic willingly touched me like this in public. I got over it quickly though because I didn’t want to leave Tony hanging and I could tell by the way Vic gripped onto my hand that he was feeling uncomfortable.

“We’re dating,” I announced proudly. “Happened a couple days ago.”

“Oh my God,” he uttered, holding back a smile. I was somewhat confused because he didn’t even seem to care about his argument with Vic at that moment. “I knew this would happen. I fucking knew it.”

“Oh,” I barely murmured before he started going off again.

He finally glanced at me but only for a brief second and turned to Vic. “And you,” he pointed to my boyfriend. “You’re such a little shit, Jesus Christ Victor. I’m proud of you for not being a bitch anymore.”

Vic laughed and just like that, they seemed to be fixed. I stood off to the side in pure amazement as they hugged in front of me. I’d never settled a fight with a friend like that, but when I thought about it hard, I realized I didn’t have a friend like that. I mean I had Jesse, but we never fought and I’m sure that if we did, we’d be more emotional about it.

“Tone,” Vic sighed in relief. “I’m so sorry man. I fucked up big time and I was acting like such a child. You’re absolutely right, there are good people out there and I found them in you guys. You’re my family. I should have realized that sooner.”

Tony nodded and hugged Vic tighter. “It’s understandable, dude. I’m just glad it got through to you and now you’ve got yourself a total babe like Kellin. So it worked out for you.”

I scoffed and crossed my arms mumbling a whatever as they carried on conversation acting like I wasn’t there at all. In all honesty, I didn’t mind being ignored. I was just happy that they were talking again.

“So, how about we meet up tomorrow or something?” I heard one of them say. I didn’t really bother to pay attention to who it was. “I’ve kinda got plans to take Kellin on a date now.” So it was Vic.

“Yeah, yeah,” Tony grinned and started walking us towards the door. “That’s totally fine. We’ll just meet up at the diner.” He said which earned an eye roll from me. I still hated that diner. “And you kids have fun.”

“Thank you,” I sang out, grabbing Vic’s hand. I was excited for whatever he had planned. He refused to tell me what it was, but I knew he wasn’t some super romantic so I wasn’t expecting anything big.

“Stay safe!” Tony yelled as we walked out of the room. “No sex on the first date!”

+


On the first day that I met Vic, we went to the park to see a movie that the school was showing. Back then, he didn’t like me or at least that was how he acted. Now as we enter that same park hand-in-hand, I know that he didn’t hate me, he was just unsure. The first time we did this, we sat in the back on the field with a sizable distance between us. This time, he set a blanket down and crawled into position, holding my hand and bringing me down so I could situate myself between his legs. His arms wrapped around me, his head rested on my shoulder and I didn’t stop smiling, not even when a random guy tripped over me.

This was such a huge difference and I couldn’t actually believe that we ended up here. We were on a date. He was kissing my neck and holding me tight and after it was over, we’d probably go back to his dorm and fall asleep together. It amazed me how we completely changed. I was ecstatic.

“What’s the movie tonight?” I asked, snuggling closer to Vic’s warm body and popping a piece of caramel corn into my mouth. Vic made a face as I ate, grossed out by the fact that I preferred this over regular popcorn but it eventually passed and he took some for himself.

“Jurassic Park,” he replied with a mouthful of snacks. I chuckled and rolled my eyes, turning back towards the screen as we waited for the movie to come on. Jurassic Park was another favorite of mine and I hadn’t seen it in so long, maybe a year or two.

“Thanks for taking me out tonight,” I said happily, truly meaning every word. There was nothing better than spending time with someone who made you smile and someone who made you think. Even if we would have stayed in his bed watching Netflix all day, I would have been fine. Vic brought out a different side of me. He introduced me to things, but he also stimulated my thoughts. He was brilliant and I adored that.

“Thanks for saying yes,” he whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek. I went to respond but the lights in the park dimmed and the screen started to light up with the film. We didn’t say anything more after that. He just held me as we watched and it was the greatest first date I had ever been on.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is honestly just a filler chapter which is why it's kind of uneventful and boring but hey they're boyfriends now so I guess that's nice. Uh, thanks for your comments and input last chapter guys. It means a lot to me and I appreciate all of the kind words and the love. You're all super great and hopefully next chapter will be more entertaining.

Sorry for mistakes but I'm not v focused. Okay. Love you friends. Bye.

OH AND hopefully the first chapter of my new fic will be up tomorrow if not then definitely some time this week.