Status: Complete! Thanks for reading!

More Like a Movie

winter break.

“I don’t know how you do it,” Vic said through chattering teeth as I opened the backdoor. A giggle escaped me and I rolled my eyes, pulling him closer to me but not quite into the house yet. Dusting off his jacket, we both watched as the snow fell onto the patio outside, rejoining the fresh white powder; Vic huffing and puffing as he kicked the flakes off of his shoes. “It’s fucking ridiculous out here, Kellin.”

“Oh, quit being such a baby,” I teased, finally clearing off his body before yanking him back into the warm house with me. He whined but shrugged off his jacket anyway and tossed it over one of the chairs beside the bar. I watched as a few flakes began to melt and drip onto the hardwood floor. If my mother were here she’d be pissed. “You act like you’ve never experienced snow before. Vic, are you forgetting we go to school in the north east?”

All he did was roll his eyes in response before carefully slipping off his shoes and placing them on the designated carpet by the door. The second he was done he turned around and captured me in a hug, holding my body tightly against his. Right away I softened at his cold touch and let him lead me backwards to where the sofa was in front of the lit fireplace.

We plopped down on the cushions, Vic first and me in his lap. His body still held a chill and I took the time to curl up into a ball, resting my head against his chest while he held me. Against my cheek, I could feel his heart beating; the quiet murmur and heavy pace making a smile appear on my face. Moments like this were what I longed for and it was then that I decided I was so happy he agreed to come visit me for a few days on break.

Winter break. I couldn’t believe I had actually finished my first semester at a new school. The last couple of weeks everything just seemed to kind of fall into place. With extra credit from Mat and countless study sessions with the guys, I ended up passing without a problem. And the same could be said for the rest of my classes. Even the one I had with Vic. Our project turned out to be quite a success and I was proud of us, of him. In the end, he passed too. He deserved it.

When the semester was done, Tony and Jaime decided to stay back with a mutual friend who lived one city over. Vic and Mike were of course going to head back to California for Christmas and I was left to go home. Initially, Vic invited me to go with them and for about two seconds I considered it before deciding against it. I guess I wasn’t ready to meet his parents. Vic and I were getting serious, but we weren’t that serious yet and the thought of meeting his family so soon terrified me.

A large part of me regretted that decision as soon as I came home and found myself missing him like crazy, but a couple of days ago my parents left to visit my grandmother in Florida and when I told Vic, he was quick to buy a ticket out here to be with me. Granted, he could only stay for a couple of days since my parents would be back before Christmas, but as long as I got to spend a little holiday time with him, I didn’t mind.

“Babe,” Vic started, but I was quick to silence him bringing my hand up to cover his mouth. I felt him laugh against my palm, hot air tickling my skin and in turn making me laugh, too. It was stupid, but I didn’t want this brief period of time to end. “Kels,” he moved his mouth from hand and sighed.

“Vic, please,” I whined, looking up at him with a pout. He scrunched his nose in distaste and held onto me a little tighter. That’s when I knew I had won. Vic didn’t say anything else, just placed a kiss to the top of my head before settling back into the cushions with me still lingering in his lap.

His fingers delicately traced up and down my arm leaving goosebumps in their wake and I did everything I could to snuggle closer to him. It was silent save for the crackle of the fireplace and I felt like I could fall asleep right here, in this spot, with this perfect man.

Each day my feelings for him grew stronger and each day I grew a bit more terrified. Vic was my first real relationship and I didn’t know if we were moving too fast or too slow, all I knew was that I cared for him deeply and the thought of ever being without him tore me up inside. It amazed me how we started off as total opposites, practically enemies, but we ended up here cuddled on my couch.

I was afraid to say what I was thinking mostly because I was afraid of Vic’s reaction, but I knew that if the topic were to be brought up anytime soon, I wouldn’t be able to lie. I was falling for this guy, and I was falling for him hard.

“Kellin,” Vic got my attention again, but this time I let him speak. My thoughts were getting carried away and I didn’t want to make myself nervous. I knew how I could get. If I thought too long and hard about my ever developing feelings for Vic, I’d do something stupid to fuck it up. And I wasn’t about to ruin this Christmas with him. Our first Christmas together.

“What?” I croaked, frowning at my own voice. I guess we had been sitting in silence longer than I thought.

“Get up for a second,” he murmured, kissing my head again before sitting up. I whined as I started to slip off of his lap.

“But I’m comfortable and so are you,” I huffed to no avail. He just chuckled and pushed me off of him and to the other side of the couch. I rolled onto my back, lying there as I watched him stand up. He offered his hand down to me and I raised an eyebrow. “I’m not moving from this spot. I don’t know what your intentions are but I’m perfectly fine here, thank you.”

He scoffed and turned to walk away from me. “You’re such a lazy ass, Kellin. I swear to God.”

I giggled and rolled onto my side, reaching for my phone to see if I had any new messages. Much to my surprise I had a couple from Jesse. It had been a while since we really talked so I would have to remember to call him in the morning. I sighed and typed out a quick reply, setting it back down on the floor and turning my attention to Vic once more.

“You like me, though,” I pointed out, smirking when he snorted.

“You’re right,” he agreed. “I do. Maybe a little too much.”

His words went straight to my heart, warming me up instantly. I had to get control over them before my brain started overthinking. What did he mean maybe a little too much? Is he in the same position as me? I shook my head, dragging my fingers down my face. That’s what I wanted to avoid.

“What are you even doing in there?” I called out when I noticed he was no longer in the living room with me. I sat up on my elbows, glancing around my house but saw no signs of him. Groaning, I swung my legs over the couch and ran out of the room towards the kitchen. As I got closer, I heard singing. Slowing down my movements, I listened carefully and realized it was Vic’s voice singing above the faint murmur of the radio.

Christmas carols. He was singing Christmas carols.

So not to startle him, I tiptoed my way into the room, smiling to myself when his voice would go higher for a second only to come back down. I’d heard him sing a few times before, but this was by total chance. This was candid and that’s what made it so perfect.

As he went into the final verse of Silent Night, I stopped behind him. My arms, having a mind of their own, wrapped around his waist. He froze for a second until I gave his body a gentle squeeze and he continued. I rested my head against his back as he placed his hands over mine, leaning back into my embrace. His voice, smooth like honey, filled the room once again and I found myself lost in the moment.

When he finally finished, I didn’t want to let go. I bit my lip so hard I thought I could taste blood simply because I felt like I was going to burst. I had never felt this way about another person before. I didn’t know emotions like this were possible until Vic. I wanted every part of him to be mine and only mine for as long as I could possibly have him.

“What was your best Christmas?” Vic asked, breaking the silence and in that one simple question I knew what he was thinking, too.

“You mean besides this one?”

He didn’t speak, just nodded and removed his hands from mine going back to what he was doing – making hot chocolate. I thought about the question for a minute, trying to pick out when my favorite Christmas took place.

“I was thirteen,” I settled on saying. “My parents were going through a rough patch with money and they couldn’t afford to get much. We had the tiniest tree imaginable and a few old decorations, but we spent the whole night watching Christmas movies, drinking hot chocolate and decorating our tree. It was a creative effort from all three of us and when you looked at the thing, you didn’t look at its size, you looked at the love that went into it. When Christmas morning rolled around and I ran downstairs to that tiny tree, there were only a few presents sitting underneath it for me. But I didn’t mind. I was still excited and I tore through them one by one. They were small things; gifts they could afford but the last one I opened was the one that shocked me. It was the camcorder I had been asking for. I was surprised they bought it, to be honest. It was way out of our price range at the time and it wasn’t practical for a kid my age, but they did. And to this day it is still the best gift I’ve ever received.”

Vic hummed and poured the beverage into mugs, handing one to me. “That sounds perfect, Kels.”

I smiled a little and blew on the cocoa before bringing the mug to my lips and taking a sip. Still too hot, it burned my tongue and Vic laughed, brushing his thumb against the corner of my lip where some spilled.

“What about you?” I asked, curious about his answer.

He shrugged and leant against the counter, mug placed firmly between his hands. “I was probably about six. We went to Ohio to visit some family friends and it was the first time I ever saw snow. I remember we drove there for some reason, probably because Mike was terrible on planes. We crossed the Ohio state line and not even five minutes later it started to snow. Mike and I were both so amazed that we made our dad stop the car on the side of the road so we could get out. I was just a kid but I could remember looking at the sky, watching the crystals fall down around me. It was unlike anything I had experienced before. That night when we arrived at their house, I spent the entire time staring out the window just dazzled by the fact that in such a short amount of time, so much snow had fallen. The next day Mike and I spent hours playing in it, making snow angels and building snowmen with the neighbor’s kids. Your first experience with something always sticks with you; it always has a lot of meaning and I think that’s why it’s my favorite.”

I loved listening to Vic speak. I swear he could read me a grocery list and I’d be smitten. He just had a way with words. He knew how to capture an audience, to bring someone in and make them lost within a story. And when he spoke about firsts and how your first experience with something always sticks with you, I knew I was fucked.

“You’re amazing, you know that?” I set my hot chocolate down onto the counter and stepped in front of him, arms hanging over his shoulders.

He smiled and set his mug down, placing his hands on my hips. “You say it a lot, actually.” He said.

I shrugged and leant forward to kiss him. “It’s true though. You really are.”

We fell into a silence again and Vic stared at me with pure adoration. I could tell he didn’t hear those words very often and truthfully, it hurt my heart. I would make it my mission though to always tell him how special he was and by the smile on his face, I knew that he was appreciative.

“Kel,” he sighed, moving his hands from my waist and cupping my face. His thumbs gingerly brushed across my cheekbones and I leant into his touch. “You scare the shit out of me. I’m so afraid to tell you the truth because I don’t know what you’ll do, but aside from that, you make me want to be honest; you make me want to try and be better.”

His voice was shaky and I felt my breath catch in my throat. If were thinking the same thing, then fuck, I was about to explode.

“I think I’m falling in love with you,” he finally said and I felt a lump forming in my throat. He look petrified at his admission and I wanted nothing more than to kiss that fear away. He would never have to worry about me betraying him, ever.

“Vic,” I squeaked out, running my fingers through his hair over and over again. “I’ve known for a while that I’m falling in love with you,” I responded and he didn’t hesitate, bringing my face to his and crashing his lips against mine.

The kiss was powerful, much different to any other one we’ve shared and I wasn’t complaining. He poured every ounce of his soul into this one simple act and I did the same. His arms dropped to my waist, lifting me up all while keeping his lips on mine. I didn’t know what to do with my hands, clawing at his shirt to get him as close to me as possible. I needed him and he needed me.

“Upstairs?” I breathed when we broke the kiss. A lazy smile lingered on his lips and he nodded, kissing me again before whispering, “Upstairs.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so please forgive me for the super late update. I've been really busy and I'm working on other stuff rn, but here is this and hopefully you'll like it. Thanks so much for reading guys and let me know what you think!