Status: what more can I say?

Monkey Business

shake your hips

“You want me to what?” Wynona asked, looking at her father with wide eyes. She couldn’t believe what he had just said. He had to be kidding, right?

“Not me, honey,” her father said, chuckling while he squeezed her a little more tightly. He laughed again before pointing back towards the boys. “They want you to dance in their new music video.”

“But – but how do they know I can dance?” Wynona stuttered, looking only at her father and unable to look at the boys. They were famous, after all. She would have been squealing had her father not been standing right next to her. “I mean, how do they know about me?”

“One of their dancers dropped out,” her father said quickly, taking a step forward and dragging Wynona with him. “They needed a replacement and I told them my daughter was the best dancer in all of LA.”

Wynona was good. Great even. But the best in LA? That was an exaggeration that she wasn’t sure she’d be able to live up to.

“What – what would I have to do?”

From the sofa, Harry swallowed loudly before looking at Wynona and speaking. “We have rehearsal in an hour. All you have to do is be there and you’ll figure out the rest.”

“It’s not difficult, really,” Louis reassured, mouth still stuffed full of chips. “Just a little hip shaking and pelvic thrusting. If I can do it, surely you can.”

Wynona’s breath was caught in her throat, her nerves causing her to shake wildly. Could she really do it? Could she really dance in a music video with One Direction?

Taking a deep breath, she looked at her father before looking back at the boys again. “In an hour, you said?”

The boys nodded and Wynona knew her fate was sealed.
♠ ♠ ♠
haters ain't gonna bring me down, no no